Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860952 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10395 on: March 03, 2014, 07:33:10 pm »

Why doesn't a bra have at least 1 unit of storage? I should be able to keep my smokes in there.

If they did, efficiency freaks would never use male characters again.

Also, with that logic, I should be able to keep a bottle of adderall in my boxers.

Who says men can't wear bras?

In Cata my male characters ALWAYS resort to cross dressing multiple skirts and layers of rags. No one gives a crap about how you dress in the apocalypse.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: March 03, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

Why doesn't a bra have at least 1 unit of storage? I should be able to keep my smokes in there.

If they did, efficiency freaks would never use male characters again.

Also, with that logic, I should be able to keep a bottle of adderall in my boxers.

Who says men can't wear bras?

In Cata my male characters ALWAYS resort to cross dressing multiple skirts and layers of rags. No one gives a crap about how you dress in the apocalypse.
Unless you are stylish.
Speaking of which, how do you get to game to acknowledge style?  I've worn a tuxedo, top hat, and monocle and it won't acknowledge my dappertude, and I've worn full military battledress and haven't had it acknowledge.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »

Not sure, always thought that morale giving traits were fairly useless.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: March 03, 2014, 07:49:59 pm »

Not useless

Learning drops off very quickly with poor focus (which moral heavily influences the decay/regen of focus) and at severe enough levels you stop crafting/reading.  This includes food.

Poorer individuals suffer more, obviously.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: March 03, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »

Not sure, always thought that morale giving traits were fairly useless.
morale is very important it  ups the rate of skillgain

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: March 03, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »

Pain should probally affect morale.   I can barely be moving due to my skin melting to acid rain while carrying a giant V8 engine, but it's alright because those are some damn good toast 'ems.   (I actually managed to get over a hundred moral from eating toast'ems, bacon, cream soda, and something else.   While in acid rain, with a good part of my head mauled off from a moose.   )

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: March 03, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »

You don't know the importance of morale unless you've killed some zombkids, in the rain, while on painkillers, having just eaten spoiled food, and sleep-deprived.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: March 03, 2014, 08:15:02 pm »

You don't know the importance of morale unless you've killed some zombkids, in the rain, while on painkillers, having just eaten spoiled food, and sleep-deprived.
I've once made the mistake of killing an innocent after clearing out a regional school and then accidently eating spoiled food.  It SUCKED. 

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

After killing innocents.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: March 03, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »

So, I made a hyper awesome trigger happy black belt. I raided a toxic waste dump and took a nap there, trying to force him to mutate into something.

I woke up with no strength, intelligence, dexterity, or perception. I couldn't escape, even with my new tentacle legs. I just sat there and waited for the radiation to kill me.

Also I like to imagine that if you die of radiation while trying to mutate into an animal, instead of actual death, you instead fully become what you were mutating into and face the unfortunate consequences of the relevant animal's IQ, strength, etc. etc. and are no longer even close to what you were at birth.

Sucks if you died of radiation while mutating into a bear.

Also, somewhere, there is a squid swimming in a pool of sewage who is a master of kung fu.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: March 03, 2014, 08:48:02 pm »

So, I made a hyper awesome trigger happy black belt. I raided a toxic waste dump and took a nap there, trying to force him to mutate into something.

I woke up with no strength, intelligence, dexterity, or perception. I couldn't escape, even with my new tentacle legs. I just sat there and waited for the radiation to kill me.

Also I like to imagine that if you die of radiation while trying to mutate into an animal, instead of actual death, you instead fully become what you were mutating into and face the unfortunate consequences of the relevant animal's IQ, strength, etc. etc. and are no longer even close to what you were at birth.

Sucks if you died of radiation while mutating into a bear.

Also, somewhere, there is a squid swimming in a pool of sewage who is a master of kung fu.

unrelated but, are you like, Shook's brother?  :P

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: March 03, 2014, 09:09:24 pm »

Is there a way to recover a vehicle that you knock off a bridge into deep water?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:54 pm »

Teenage Mutant Kung-Fu Squids! Would their trainer be a frog?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:19 pm »

Is there a way to recover a vehicle that you knock off a bridge into deep water?
From what I've seen deep water is like anti-car.  They get too close and poof! they suffer a catastrophic existence failure.  They probably go to the same place battery cases and atom smashed socks in DF go.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10409 on: March 04, 2014, 12:58:55 am »

I've been having fun with the map editor that I didn't know was there before now. Just set up an underground shelter with water, lava, and a gas station right outside. It even has a panic room. I'm still going to scavenge to stock the thing so I'm not going complete cheat. Right now it's just as functional as any other LMOE shelter you'll find. Besides the lava and gas, but that's just because gathering wood and fuel is a pain.

In other news, you can regenerate entire tiles into something completely different. Combine this with all of the other debug cheats, it came to me that it's entirely possible to create a custom scenario for someone to work through, or at least something different from the typical evac center start. The only problems are that you can't "forget" the map, you can't regenerate terrain from the map screen, you're stuck with whatever character the creator gives you, and it would take forever to make something interesting.

It's worth thinking about, though. If those things could be overcome and a custom starting spot could be placed, it'd be pretty nifty.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1086