Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860287 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9780 on: January 21, 2014, 02:08:46 am »

Static spawn doesnt seem to yield triffids or any other ooey gooey creature.  I found a wasp nest in a building, but no other fun things . . . 

am i correct to assume they wont show in static spawn mode?
Huh, not unless it got broke recently. Static only effects zombies, everything else should still behave like dynamic. Classic would turn them off though.

I wonder if ninjas work on a dynamic spawn system..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:49 am »

Don't creature types like Triffids create new lairs? I'm pretty sure Fungal blooms spread, that couldn't be the cause of the spawns could it?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: January 21, 2014, 03:25:37 am »

To be honest, I'd rather have guns be breakable into crafting parts over having more guns.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:37 am »

just started a new charcter in a new world in a new experimental build went to the basement of the evac shelter, turned my flaslight on and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who has stocked my evac Shelter and to what mysterious ends?!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: January 21, 2014, 03:49:09 am »

All ammo added, three guns down... eh. 53 to go. Thank goodness for Wikipedia's stat sheets.

Will these start spawning randomly if they're just added to the item list, or do the itemgroups need to be modified to include them? I assume they'll need to be, especially if they are to spawn in anything resembling proper circumstances.

edit:
To be honest, I'd rather have guns be breakable into crafting parts over having more guns.
Well, they can be disassembled, I'd assume. But then you end up with "AK47 Stock", "AK47 Receiver", "AK47 Gas piston", etc. A huge list of parts, because most guns can't just be disassembled into little sheets of usable metal, and lots of those parts aren't interchangeable. It's going to be a massive combinatorial explosion, for questionable gain. Just having more distinct guns, which can then be customized with gunmods, is a better idea, methinks.

Besides, adding "more guns" won't actually cause there to be more guns in the game - there will just be a bigger variety, and most use interchangeable ammo types.

edit2: ...maybe Wikipedia was a bad idea. I'm adding new guns instead of statting out ones I already selected.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:15:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: January 21, 2014, 06:46:48 am »

just started a new charcter in a new world in a new experimental build went to the basement of the evac shelter, turned my flaslight on and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who has stocked my evac Shelter and to what mysterious ends?!

About one in ten shelter basements has a chance to spawn Zombies inside it and those basements are always well stocked.
Not that I can understand what Im looking at on the tilesets but still.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: January 21, 2014, 10:04:31 am »

AK-47 legal, AKM, AKM legal, AK-74, AK-74 legal, AKS-74, AKS-74 legal, RPK, RPK74... this leaves the AK-103 and the two AK-12s, and then I'm out of easily statted Kalashnikov derivatives. Maybe the Galil ACE. Everything else will need more involved stat work.

What have I gotten myself into? ._.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:12 am »

AK-47 legal, AKM, AKM legal, AK-74, AK-74 legal, AKS-74, AKS-74 legal, RPK, RPK74... this leaves the AK-103 and the two AK-12s, and then I'm out of easily statted Kalashnikov derivatives. Maybe the Galil ACE. Everything else will need more involved stat work.

Maybe instead of modeling legal and illegal variants, pre-add mods to the illegal versions?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: January 21, 2014, 10:22:54 am »

Maybe instead of modeling legal and illegal variants, pre-add mods to the illegal versions?
I'd rather do the opposite, really. Also, this requires me to know how to pre-add mods. The RPK could use the bipod mod preinstalled. Halp?

(Note: "legal" in this case is modified to be incapable of automatic or burst fire.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:25:13 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:01 am »

Static spawn doesnt seem to yield triffids or any other ooey gooey creature.  I found a wasp nest in a building, but no other fun things . . . 

It seems more likely you are playing classic mode, unless you are still seeing exotic zombie types aswell.
That said, they only spawn near triffid hearts/fungal blooms.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:55 pm »

You could have some rifles come premodded with bump-fire stocks.  Also, you would be remiss to not include the piece of string mod to turn semi-auto rifles into full-auto mag-dumpers.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:51 pm »

You could have some rifles come premodded with bump-fire stocks.  Also, you would be remiss to not include the piece of string mod to turn semi-auto rifles into full-auto mag-dumpers.
That's just it though. "Premodded". How is said premodding achieved? I don't see a single example among the game files.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: January 21, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

I don't believe it's possible right now. That said I do see a way you could potentially add it in without too much work, though it's been a while since I've looked at the item spawning code and the way gunmods are stored in relation to the items they are attached too.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »

It seems more likely you are playing classic mode, unless you are still seeing exotic zombie types aswell.
That said, they only spawn near triffid hearts/fungal blooms.

Nopers. dem zombie dogs are my number one cause of death, and zonbears have taken a few day 2 survivirs from me. but in a'lll fairness I have city size @10, so less room for spires and the like.  as long as they spawn im happy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:12:37 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:16 pm »

(certainly isn't likely to become any worse...)

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1086