Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860132 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9795 on: January 21, 2014, 03:43:37 pm »

And thats why i keep track of a working car at all times, it makes large groups of zombies it to off roading funtime!
i just wish i could form a proper group then i could have some one to use the .50 cal MG found.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: January 21, 2014, 07:33:01 pm »

(certainly isn't likely to become any worse...)
PFFF no aftershock? what a tease.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: January 21, 2014, 07:44:46 pm »

Do batteries you take out of cars retain charge in them? Or are they then considered empty?

Also, can you recharge a car's batteries using said batteries from another car?

I have an electric car whose solar panels are broken with no way to fix them quite yet. Wondering how easy it is to recharge it in the meantime.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9798 on: January 21, 2014, 08:09:08 pm »

Misread question
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:03:02 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: January 21, 2014, 08:32:43 pm »

Just done a little maths on engines and as it turns out that engine size is just be round to the nearest 100 then divided by 100 for fuel use.
multiple engines don't changes this at all.

Alternators take a fair bit of power from the wheels, so run the smallest you can.
Also, can you recharge a car's batteries using said batteries from another car?
Im on the latest and i can't get them too, maybe if they where the same type of battery it would work.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »

I led some chillins out of their school and into what I call 'the line'.  they all congaed out into a raging firepit I made, so I could loor the school.  Problem.is, I came back to for a restock to find all the bodies had risen, heavily damaged but still upset at me :/

more depression in this guys future, i think . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: January 21, 2014, 10:09:27 pm »

Ya gotta bucha man.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: January 21, 2014, 10:33:04 pm »

Just crush them under the wheel of something, seriously i was just at a big school and i was just driveing back and forwards splatting the zombies as they came out of the building.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9803 on: January 22, 2014, 02:14:10 am »

It seems more likely you are playing classic mode, unless you are still seeing exotic zombie types aswell.
That said, they only spawn near triffid hearts/fungal blooms.

Last I played classic I was still seeing special Zeds. Not as many though, and this was also pre-.8.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:02 am »

It seems more likely you are playing classic mode, unless you are still seeing exotic zombie types aswell.
That said, they only spawn near triffid hearts/fungal blooms.

Last I played classic I was still seeing special Zeds. Not as many though, and this was also pre-.8.
Classic still has its own special Zeds, but normal ones instead of "fantasy" ones.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: January 22, 2014, 05:33:13 am »

So... since apparently at least some of the developers check out this thread every once in a while... as opposed to their own development forum..

Any good solutions for compiling the SDL version? Yes, I am masterful at derailing myself. But still. I can't play the game with the existing tile options. That takes priority. Because none of the fonts for console mode work well enough squared (and it makes the already huge sidebar downright humongous), and none of the tilesets have proper support for even stock mods like the Classic Zombies option. And non-square maps look ridiculous. The road is twice as thick going horizontal than vertical. And cars get all squished up sideways.

So I want to take HRose's solution from her(?) thread in the development forum and apply a DF-like spin to it. Read a second tileset page from the tileset folder, an ASCII sheet in eight colors with a matching tile size, and substitute any undefined object or item tiles with their console-like ASCII representation.

But to even try that, I have to compile the thing in SDL first. I got the source. I got Code::Blocks and compiled the console version. I downloaded SDL. Now how do I shove one into another so they work? I noticed the option to compile the SDL version, and am getting file not found errors on the SDL-specific files.

Halp?

edit: okay, as usual I found a solution immediately after asking for help. I guess that counts.

Well, it's a horrible solution, but I can't be bothered to install something else to build SDL_ttf and SDL_image into static libraries. *grumble grumble lazy distributors* :P

Okay then, let's see how badly I overestimated my capacities in this case...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:35:57 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:36 am »

So... since apparently at least some of the developers check out this thread every once in a while... as opposed to their own development forum..
??? The main devs spend a lot more time on the Cata forums then these ones (though we do check here from time to time, so more often then others). That said the best way to get real-time help is to check the IRC channel.

-snip-
As for your problem, I don't have a clue, you would need to get in touch with one of the few devs who is both on windows and uses Code::Blocks to compile things (personally I'm on Cygwin, which doesn't support SDL builds right now).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:45 am »

??? The main devs spend a lot more time on the Cata forums then these ones (though we do check here from time to time, so more often then others). That said the best way to get real-time help is to check the IRC channel.

-snip-
As for your problem, I don't have a clue, you would need to get in touch with one of the few devs who is both on windows and uses Code::Blocks to compile things (personally I'm on Cygwin, which doesn't support SDL builds right now).
I guess I'll have a look in the chat then. Somebody has to have the SDL libraries static-linked.

Also, the problem is that that is essentially no-one. There was at most one person who used Code::Blocks back when the guides to contribution were written, and it took his participation to add information on how to configure the project so it compiles - that's just the console version. And nowadays, it appears that work is primarily focused on console builds, without so much as a single developer working on the tile-supporting build, and information on adding SDL, let alone SDL_ttf and SDL_Image libraries is nonexistent.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9808 on: January 23, 2014, 12:43:37 am »

From an outsider perspective, it strikes as might having something to do with how quickly stuff is getting added/changed. Tilesets are outdated before they're finished, no?

-e
Also, isn't there a 'narrow sidebar' option? Might help with square fonts.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:45:55 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: January 23, 2014, 12:50:28 am »

From an outsider perspective, it strikes as might having something to do with how quickly stuff is getting added/changed. Tilesets are outdated before they're finished, no?
That's certainly a part of it, and also the simple fact that while we might include a few of the more popular tilesets in the download, none of the tilesets are actually "official", but are supported by individual forum users. As for overall tileset compatibility improvements being slow, it's a combination of most of our devs playing with ASCII instead of tiles, many of them using console versions because they run faster on Linux (which most of our main devs use a form of), and because UI code is a pain to write.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1086