Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861183 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8640 on: November 01, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »

I recommend you try playing as a Dream Stalker profession.  It's easily as OP as most of the stuff you'll run into (was for the stuff I saw, though I didn't get possessed dolls when I tried it, I got Vampires, Terminators, a few other things.  But as a DS you start with some pretty neat armor and Freddy Krueger claws.... even without skill to use them those claws hurt bad guys.
I don't know. Terminator starts you with a big gun, nice armor from the bionics plus a whole slew of useful ones, and some good skills. Ghost starts you with 50 dodge. Pick up Zui Quan from training, and some unarmed skill, and never get hit again. Or just go agent and walk through walls.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: November 01, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »

Hey, is the experimental back to normal now?

I just downloaded an hour ago and no, it is not anything like "normal".

There also appears to be a bug, where pressing 'Q' to quit on the main menu causes the program to crash instead of close cleanly.
Since when was MDickie working on DDA?
Gah, ya beat me to it.

If you prefer a regular game, you can edit the monstergroups.json file and remove the halloween monsters from the spawn table.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: November 02, 2013, 03:37:34 am »

The halloween changes were reverted as of *checks commit log* 7 hours ago at the time of this posting. For those of you that liked them (or at least got a laugh at how OP they were) we'll be almost certainly making our holiday changes into "mods" once the mod manager is in, so you will be able to toggle them on/off at will. (There has also been some discussion about potentially adding a rare "carnival" location that might spawn some of the more balanced ones, maybe we'll tie it into a "whacky cataclysm" trait idea that has been tossed around a few times.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: November 02, 2013, 03:51:40 am »

The halloween changes were reverted as of *checks commit log* 7 hours ago at the time of this posting. For those of you that liked them (or at least got a laugh at how OP they were) we'll be almost certainly making our holiday changes into "mods" once the mod manager is in, so you will be able to toggle them on/off at will. (There has also been some discussion about potentially adding a rare "carnival" location that might spawn some of the more balanced ones, maybe we'll tie it into a "whacky cataclysm" trait idea that has been tossed around a few times.)

As of ~5 minutes ago, I downloaded Windows Curses experimental.  Agent is still a profession choice, as is Dream Stalker and the others - still at 0 point cost.  Could only some of the experimentals been reverted, or only some of the changes removed?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: November 02, 2013, 08:21:22 am »

As of ~5 minutes ago, I downloaded Windows Curses experimental.  Agent is still a profession choice, as is Dream Stalker and the others - still at 0 point cost.  Could only some of the experimentals been reverted, or only some of the changes removed?

Yeah, it seems that Glyph reverted monster spawns, but didn't revert professions.

Oh, also, the last couple of updates made a change to how objects are shown, apparently, because now I cannot see if anything is on shelves/tables/what have you. The objects only show if they are laying on the ground. Not fun.

EDIT: Deon's tileset is broken in the latest experimental.
EDIT2: I fixed it myself: there is a comma that is supposed to be next to a value but there is what I suspect is an accidental Tab in there. Then the config for ammo is bad because some bullets have IDs defined as numbers and not strings (e.g. ID is 223 rather than "223").
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:54:39 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: November 02, 2013, 09:44:27 am »

Is there a way to destroy wood stove? I can't deconstruct it, I can't smash it, I can't blow it up with explosives...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: November 02, 2013, 09:56:56 am »

Yep, I just cancelled out the spawns. Forgot professions auto-loaded - oops! I'll fix that.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: November 02, 2013, 10:05:45 am »

While it's probably going to already be in the experimental and/or the next stable, when is the ETA for World Factory and the mod loader?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: November 02, 2013, 12:44:01 pm »

I have recently discovered that you can use the G button to move furniture.  I have also found that dressers are vacuums and I am currently dragging a dresser around in a lab sucking up all the loot.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:35 pm »

at this point the tileset more complete is........???

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19:52 pm »

I have recently discovered that you can use the G button to move furniture.  I have also found that dressers are vacuums and I am currently dragging a dresser around in a lab sucking up all the loot.

It's the ultimate dryer. It doesn't just eat socks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: November 02, 2013, 05:36:35 pm »

While it's probably going to already be in the experimental and/or the next stable, when is the ETA for World Factory and the mod loader?
World factory is already in the experimental. The mod loader stuff will probably land shortly after the release of .9.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: November 02, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »

Hmm, I'm looking for a metal tank, what should I disassemble?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: November 02, 2013, 05:53:23 pm »

Take the gas tank off a car wreck and that'll give you one.

You can also craft one with enough mechanic skill.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: November 02, 2013, 07:20:14 pm »

As of today's experimental, running zombies over is hilariously broken. If you run over a zombie, the game derps out with debug message even when it's supposed to be set not to show them, and spawns a new zombie on the old's corpse. Often it deletes the new zombie, sometimes not, but even if it does, the zombie exists for a single round, which means you run a zombie over twice, doubling the damage to the car and the risk of a skid.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 1086