Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861653 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8550 on: October 30, 2013, 03:44:22 pm »

Er, not to be a fly in the ointment, but since when were bullets magnetic?
Ever since anything remotely resembling metal in the game was magnetic.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »

Er, not to be a fly in the ointment, but since when were bullets magnetic?

all the lead was used in the ridiculously strong radiation protection that makes you capable of standing one tile away from the redonkulous radiation source that is the nuclear waste site and not be hurt any bit (or above it, actually, as the actual sarcophagus seems to be on the same level as the sewers)

so the military had to start using steel.

canon.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: October 30, 2013, 03:49:33 pm »

All the bullets are steel jacketed. Obviously.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8553 on: October 30, 2013, 03:51:29 pm »

Ah, my mistake.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8554 on: October 30, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

Should also have a chance of taking damage from yanking out loose rounds and having them hit you as if they'd been fired.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: October 30, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »

I was wishing I could find a good gun for melee so I can stick a bayonet on it.  Then I started thinking, I'm trying to make a gun into something that is primarily a melee weapon and a gun secondary, anybody think about a large blade attachment you could make with a metalworking operation that does just that?

Drastically increases recoil and weight while majorly reducing accuracy because it makes it far more difficult to fire properly, but yer welding a big honking blade onto the underside of the gun in front of the trigger so you basically have a heavy machete that just happens to shoot bullets.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: October 30, 2013, 07:00:32 pm »

I was wishing I could find a good gun for melee so I can stick a bayonet on it.  Then I started thinking, I'm trying to make a gun into something that is primarily a melee weapon and a gun secondary, anybody think about a large blade attachment you could make with a metalworking operation that does just that?

Drastically increases recoil and weight while majorly reducing accuracy because it makes it far more difficult to fire properly, but yer welding a big honking blade onto the underside of the gun in front of the trigger so you basically have a heavy machete that just happens to shoot bullets.
Hmmm... Off the top of my head, I remember a weapon in Dead Rising that was /kind of/ in that vein, which was essentially a shotgun with the prongs of a pitchfork stuck on the front. That seem good?
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: October 30, 2013, 07:58:42 pm »

Hmmm... Off the top of my head, I remember a weapon in Dead Rising that was /kind of/ in that vein, which was essentially a shotgun with the prongs of a pitchfork stuck on the front. That seem good?

I think the idea is more along the lines of a Pistol sword - a melee weapon that happens to have an emergency gun attached.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like this - it's technically a wheellock pistol, but since it's not only smoothbore but also sawn-off, you'd mostly use the attached axe blade and only shoot at very close ranges.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »

In the case of a zombie apocalypse, humans are pretty lucky that we have such an affinity for finding better ways to kill each other and sometimes other things.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: October 30, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »

Question! Why is there still not a 'lawnmower' object that can be attached to cars?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: October 30, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »

Question! Why is there still not a 'lawnmower' object that can be attached to cars?
You mean like a spinning blade?
Yeah I have no idea why not.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: October 30, 2013, 09:08:02 pm »

Also it should be possible to 'power' through objects with a strong enough engine and maybe treads. Like a tractor pushing through a wall.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:29 pm »

Taking Dayquil hot. That sounds unpleasant.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8563 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

Pft, why 'power' through it when you can crash into it at 90mph!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:38 pm »

Because you can't always get the room to do so. Sometimes you have only a few metres to work with.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1086