Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861630 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8535 on: October 30, 2013, 11:46:10 am »

Bug: Skeletons drop corpses, which can be butchered for Plant Marrow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:13 pm »

That's because they are made out of tofu. They are an out of control experimental tofu product that was in the wild before the disaster, and came into prominence once the peoppe who kept their population down was routed.

I guess zombies just don't care about tofu.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: October 30, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »

That's because they are made out of tofu. They are an out of control experimental tofu product that was in the wild before the disaster, and came into prominence once the peoppe who kept their population down was routed.

I guess zombies just don't care about tofu.

Oh, then what are Manhacks made of if they drop it too?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »

They have a small friendly sylph inside trapped as a power source Robotnik Badnik style.  Except the player doesn't know this and destroys them so utterly that it is killed.

When you butcher it yer just finding this mass of strange edible pulped vegetable matter inside.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: October 30, 2013, 01:19:12 pm »

Oh yeah: seems that the devs decided the Toilet Moose was good while it lasted, but in yesterday's experimental, Moose and Bears tend to mind their own business until you make them angry.

The turrets at work are fucking awesome. I'm cleaning out a city block by block by creating chokepoints and letting the turrets do the grunt work while I butcher the corpses. And inb4 nerf, if you are unlucky and screw up the setup, you are screwed. I wear two kevlar vests and the turrets still brought me to 1 slash of health.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:18 pm »

They have a small friendly sylph inside trapped as a power source Robotnik Badnik style.  Except the player doesn't know this and destroys them so utterly that it is killed.

When you butcher it yer just finding this mass of strange edible pulped vegetable matter inside.
Oh no what have i done.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:30 pm »

The turrets at work are fucking awesome. I'm cleaning out a city block by block by creating chokepoints and letting the turrets do the grunt work while I butcher the corpses. And inb4 nerf, if you are unlucky and screw up the setup, you are screwed. I wear two kevlar vests and the turrets still brought me to 1 slash of health.
I finally realized how turrets should work, they should pull ammo off the ground and use it.  Emplaced turrets should spawn with some large-ish amount of ammo under them, and when you place one it should use ammo under it until it's done.
Also shouldn't reveal whether it wants to kill you or not until you feed it some ammo.
*drop one round in the turret hopper* *Beep* *Beep* *whiirrr* *BANG* Ow! Damnit...
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: October 30, 2013, 01:39:19 pm »

If it's just on the ground, wouldn't that mean it would be possible for the player to just yank the bullets and render it harmless?

Maaaaaybe that would work.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: October 30, 2013, 01:44:09 pm »

Sure, walk up to the turret that's SHOOTING AT YOU and yank the rounds out of the ammo hopper, sounds totally reasonable :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: October 30, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »

We have tools that allow us to yank metal thing stacks from the ground at a distance. ;)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

We have tools that allow us to yank metal thing stacks from the ground at a distance. ;)

But you still have to be in the LOS. Meaning that it WILL try to murderize you.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: October 30, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

Unless you go in stealthy at night with no lights on.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: October 30, 2013, 02:08:50 pm »

Sure, with that level of investment I have no problem enabling that use case.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: October 30, 2013, 03:34:45 pm »

You could have the turrets load clips from ammo on the ground. So magnetizing the ammo away from a turret will make it stop shooting... after it finishes this clip. Viable but painful if done wrong - sounds like Cataclysm to me.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8549 on: October 30, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »

Er, not to be a fly in the ointment, but since when were bullets magnetic?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 1086