Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861476 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8520 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:31 pm »

Activate it. I bet it's full of candy.

I happen to read descriptions.

Life's so much more !!fun!! when you don't read the descriptions.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: October 29, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

Apparently, in the latest experimental, you can butcher manhack corpse for plant marrow.

Oh right, I was supposed to mention that as well. I've also had marrow from a random zombie, I think.

Now I kinda want a random Chlorozombie that yields plant marrow AND tainted meat when butchered, that can poison you with triffid venom on melee or something.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: October 29, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »

I wish there was an upgrade for the Rising Sun that'd let you shoot balls of fire in exchange for longer time-to-hit/ reduced to-hit bonus.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: October 29, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »

Use the 't' key.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: October 29, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »

Activate it. I bet it's full of candy.

I happen to read descriptions.

Oh yeah, and there was another bunker right next to this one I found the mininuke in. This one had some turrets, but guess what. Two more nukes.

Game, what's wrong with you? Are you OK?
Jesus, this makes me feel like my game hates me. I have to fight tooth and nail for every plastic bottle that i want.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »

I found a nail gun. Once. It was fun until I ran into a brute outside a church. I hid in the basement and managed to lose the thing. Shot some empty bodies to death then left to end up getting brutalized by the brute outside.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: October 29, 2013, 08:53:19 pm »

I found a nail gun. Once. It was fun until I ran into a brute outside a church. I hid in the basement and managed to lose the thing. Shot some empty bodies to death then left to end up getting brutalized by the brute outside.

Time, as it turns out, doesn't pass when you aren't on the screen, so hiding underground typically won't help. The best way I've found to kill brutes (or even bigger things - I've killed Tanks on day 2) is fire. If you're lucky enough to have a flamethrower or molotov, use that. Otherwise, use matches, a lighter, or a flaming sword if you're lucky enough to have one to light a bush or even a dropped piece of scrap cloth. Keep the flames between the brute and yourself, and tank the zombie on the flames. Fire will shred the zombie faster than pretty much anything you can do.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »

My relatively unskilled survivor recently stabbed a brute a few times with his knife spear and it went down no problem. Maybe I just got lucky.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: October 29, 2013, 11:58:41 pm »

Spray can flamethrowers are awesome.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: October 30, 2013, 08:04:24 am »

I just went into a garage for the first time.

SO MUCH USEFUL HARDWARE. I even got nails and boards fron the tables, and fixed up a vehicle with some parts and tools. Zombie's face, prepare to meet my tire.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: October 30, 2013, 08:13:23 am »

My relatively unskilled survivor recently stabbed a brute a few times with his knife spear and it went down no problem. Maybe I just got lucky.

Also: hydraulic muscles. I killed a  8) with a lvl 1 in bashing or so survivor with a regular crowbar.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: October 30, 2013, 10:16:12 am »

Just woke up this morning, went out of my LMOE shelter to find this:

I've been there for close to one year, so I'm pretty sure there are no worms around. I just don't know what caused this.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: October 30, 2013, 10:20:59 am »

Just woke up this morning, went out of my LMOE shelter to find this:

I've been there for close to one year, so I'm pretty sure there are no worms around. I just don't know what caused this.

Those are dirt mounds, right?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: October 30, 2013, 10:31:38 am »

Yup they are.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: October 30, 2013, 10:58:33 am »

Moles.

Which were recently removed, but might not have been in your game yet.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1086