Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861325 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8505 on: October 29, 2013, 11:15:44 am »

Oh, that was in an old version.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:32 am »

Seeing how the basement now has a pair of doors, I suspect the shelters were buffed on purpose - maybe so that people who take Black Road or wossizname have a reason to reclaim the shelter.
The basement doors are there to give you a fighting chance if you get the special basement.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: October 29, 2013, 11:55:43 am »

So, I return to my shelter from a raid and I hear gunshots. Turns out my sheltermate decided that the proper response to spotting a raven is to riddle it with ALL THE BULLETS, and collateral damage to doors or windows is a non-issue.

Good thing you can fix those up via liberal application of two-by-fours.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: October 29, 2013, 12:32:50 pm »

So, I return to my shelter from a raid and I hear gunshots. Turns out my sheltermate decided that the proper response to spotting a raven is to riddle it with ALL THE BULLETS, and collateral damage to doors or windows is a non-issue.

Good thing you can fix those up via liberal application of two-by-fours.

The AI is still kind of... yea. The last one I saw tried to wrestle a cougar instead of using its fire axe. On a related note, even if you drop a body in a pit and fill it in, you can't actually bury a corpse. RIP.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: October 29, 2013, 12:51:23 pm »

The AI is still kind of... yea. The last one I saw tried to wrestle a cougar instead of using its fire axe. On a related note, even if you drop a body in a pit and fill it in, you can't actually bury a corpse. RIP.
Butcher them and turn them into jerky! Then you can remember them as you munch later!

Alternatively kill a bunch of zombies, pile up their bodies and a few 2x4's, throw the NPC corpse on top and light the whole thing up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:03 pm »

Butcher them and turn them into jerky! Then you can remember them as you munch later!

Alternatively kill a bunch of zombies, pile up their bodies and a few 2x4's, throw the NPC corpse on top and light the whole thing up.

Viking funeral, fuck yeah!

But that's not the reason why I'm posting.

The reason why I'm posting is because, on the save where I found the power armor outside my door, I have now found.

A goddamn.

Mini-fucking-NUKE
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: October 29, 2013, 04:34:42 pm »

Activate it. I bet it's full of candy.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: October 29, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »

Activate it. I bet it's full of candy.

I happen to read descriptions.

Oh yeah, and there was another bunker right next to this one I found the mininuke in. This one had some turrets, but guess what. Two more nukes.

Game, what's wrong with you? Are you OK?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: October 29, 2013, 04:45:20 pm »

Game's fine.  You're just using up all the luck you were supposed to have over the next 56 games.  Good luck getting through those, whenever this one finally ends (with a bang or a whimper, do you think?  ;D)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: October 29, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »

Play the lottery scrdest, you're on a roll. Don't let that luck go to waste!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: October 29, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

Game's fine.  You're just using up all the luck you were supposed to have over the next 56 games.  Good luck getting through those, whenever this one finally ends (with a bang or a whimper, do you think?  ;D)

Since I have four mininukes, a couple of various grenades, a roomful of CBMs I'll install once I study the necessary skills, and three rooms full of turrets and manhacks (I didn't mention it because I had no idea they just need to be activated to work), I'd say it DEFINITELY will be with a bang.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: October 29, 2013, 05:23:59 pm »

Apparently, in the latest experimental, you can butcher manhack corpse for plant marrow.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: October 29, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

Apparently, in the latest experimental, you can butcher manhack corpse for plant marrow.
Well, nice catch :P. Probably should be checking some of the other robots as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: October 29, 2013, 05:28:07 pm »

Well, nice catch :P. Probably should be checking some of the other robots as well.

The experimental I dled last night, killing a skeleton left a skeleton corpse which was also butcherable for plant marrow.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: October 29, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »

Oh right, I was supposed to mention that as well. I've also had marrow from a random zombie, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1086