Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1866842 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6870 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:49 am »

Thank yee all kindly.

Now to go murder about 200 ants swarming my RV.
I need to put something interesting here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:03 pm »

Two things:

How do I scroll through a list of items when there's too many to list at once?  I've tried every button on the keyboard, and nothing scrolls to the next page of items.

And I've found a bug where unlit Molotov Cocktails give off light like lit ones.  Also had a debug message about not having the materials pop up when I made one, even though it did successfully craft it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:16 pm »

Longbow hunting is cooler though...

The self bow requires Survival 1. For a fresh survivor, unless you want to blow one of your starting points that's a lot of corpses to butcher. Archery is great, as are guns, but thrown weapons have a very low entry cost. It's not like it costs you anything to learn how to kill a squirrel with rocks.

Two things:

How do I scroll through a list of items when there's too many to list at once?  I've tried every button on the keyboard, and nothing scrolls to the next page of items.

And I've found a bug where unlit Molotov Cocktails give off light like lit ones.  Also had a debug message about not having the materials pop up when I made one, even though it did successfully craft it.

Arrow keys down to the bottom, or the page up/page down keys.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:29 pm »

Arrow keys down to the bottom, or the page up/page down keys.

That was naturally the first thing I tried, since that's how all previous versions worked.  Now it just loops back to the top of the page.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:33 pm »

Well, my spiked Shopping cart experiment is a bust so far. The spike always gets moved towards your side when you try to push or pull it. I'm going to try moving it to the other side of the cart to see if that matter, but I have a feeling it won't because you seem to turn the cart whenever you grab it. And you can't push/pull to cart when a part is in your square.

The side spikes work as far as pushing/pulling goes, but that's a bit hard to use and I haven't had a chance to hit anything with them yet. Shame. Maybe if I attach two carts together so that I'm at the far end of the spike? That might work.

Need to find more batteries for my welder.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: September 28, 2013, 12:48:58 pm »

You can also train survival by 'e'xamining wild bushes looking for veggies. It's slow but pretty safe.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: September 28, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »

Well, thank you all for the advice, I am actually having a fairly successful run right now (probably be dead in an hour).  I think part of my problem is stemming from nearly 20 years of A.D.&D., to wit, never try to defeat the undead with a ranged weapon, I mostly smash the hell out of them with a crowbar (I like that bonus to strike).
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: September 28, 2013, 01:19:26 pm »

Well, my spiked Shopping cart experiment is a bust so far. The spike always gets moved towards your side when you try to push or pull it. I'm going to try moving it to the other side of the cart to see if that matter, but I have a feeling it won't because you seem to turn the cart whenever you grab it. And you can't push/pull to cart when a part is in your square.

The side spikes work as far as pushing/pulling goes, but that's a bit hard to use and I haven't had a chance to hit anything with them yet. Shame. Maybe if I attach two carts together so that I'm at the far end of the spike? That might work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: September 28, 2013, 01:51:48 pm »

So I have a silly question and a bug report related to Random NPCs in an experimental build. (Yes I hear the groans now)

Question: Is there a version number anywhere in the files after downloading an experimental release?  Saying that I downloaded last night seems really vague.

So I have random NPCs on and I seem to have discovered a new bug with them, I've been beating one with a crowbar for some time now.  I keep hitting him in the eyes, and it says he keeps blocking with his left arm and I think because of this he isn't dying.  I must have hit him for hundreds of hp by now, enough to gain 2 skill points in melee.  But he just won't die.

I also whipped out a gun and started shooting him with more or less the same results, I just get a "Blam" with no hit or miss indication when I shoot at him.  I finally killed him by hitting him with my car.

Just a heads up for anybody who is actually trying to get NPCs working. :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6879 on: September 28, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

Needs more spikes.

Scrolling: < or >
Cmon, I thought you lot were dwarven fortress players?!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: September 28, 2013, 02:23:10 pm »

Imaginary sludge crawlers leave real sludge when they poof. Bug or "feature"?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: September 28, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »

Nice :)

Sadly, the experiment ends in failure. The Spike Cart does no damage when you run into a monster with it. Although it does stop them in place pretty well.

Guess I'll turn it into a Spikecycle. Need to find a steel chain, though. I don't seem to know how to make those. Can you?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: September 28, 2013, 03:08:30 pm »

Imaginary sludge crawlers leave real sludge when they poof. Bug or "feature"?

I thought this was supposed to be fixed recently, was this recent download or older one?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6883 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:59 pm »

Nice :)

Sadly, the experiment ends in failure. The Spike Cart does no damage when you run into a monster with it. Although it does stop them in place pretty well.

Guess I'll turn it into a Spikecycle. Need to find a steel chain, though. I don't seem to know how to make those. Can you?

Yes, you can, but it takes 9 skill in fabrication.

That's the same as a katana.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: September 28, 2013, 03:36:07 pm »

I love starting out with random characters. it is like a lottery.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1086