Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1866933 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6780 on: September 27, 2013, 03:05:40 pm »

Yeah I had to move my alarm clock out of reach of the bed IRL...

I was mainly mentioning the alarm clock in-game because you still get the "you wake up to an alarm" message and it acts like you wake up, but you just... don't. No big deal, really.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 27, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »

I love shopping carts too. It's useful, and adds to the "post-apocalyptic hobo" element of Cataclysm.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

I love shopping carts too. It's useful, and adds to the "post-apocalyptic hobo" element of Cataclysm.

Can you weld spikes to a shopping cart? Would they do damage if you pushed the cart into a zombie?

Because my current character has a shopping cart, and plenty of scrap metal, and a garage next door with full welding equipment. No gas yet to make a car worthwhile, nor the mechanical skills for it (yet). But...spikes. I could probably add spikes easily enough.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 27, 2013, 03:58:21 pm »

When you push a shopping cart (or other vehicle) into a zombie, it creates a collision event, but I think walking speed is too low to register it as causing damage.  However spikes/blades have a slightly different mechanic for dealing damage I think, so you might be able to make a push-mower of sorts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 27, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

When you push a shopping cart (or other vehicle) into a zombie, it creates a collision event, but I think walking speed is too low to register it as causing damage.  However spikes/blades have a slightly different mechanic for dealing damage I think, so you might be able to make a push-mower of sorts.

I think I am now required to try this and test it out. I'm pretty sure I can get some more shopping carts to test on from the grocery store nearby.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »

Can you weld spikes to a shopping cart? Would they do damage if you pushed the cart into a zombie?

Because my current character has a shopping cart, and plenty of scrap metal, and a garage next door with full welding equipment. No gas yet to make a car worthwhile, nor the mechanical skills for it (yet). But...spikes. I could probably add spikes easily enough.

I have no idea about the cart... but you could throw together a DEATHSPIKEBICYCLE
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: September 27, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »

If my understanding is right, you should be able to make do with just a frame and a blade.  As long as the weight is low enough, it drags, wheels or no.

Also, I want to put a bicycle pedal on a set of casters, and make a 1x1 working vehicle.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: September 27, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

Small bug report here: Groundsheets in large tents (e.g. FEMA camps) are drawn over chain link fences. This makes certain tents very difficult to navigate since all ground looks the same, but some tiles contain chain link fences which are obviously impassable.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: September 27, 2013, 04:44:52 pm »

You can clime chainlinks. Examine them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6789 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

Hmm, did not know! TY!
Just noticed something: weights seem to be ~twice what they're listed as in the json files.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:50:26 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 27, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Hmm, did not know! TY!
Just noticed something: weights seem to be ~twice what they're listed as in the json files.
Just a wild guess, but 1kg is ~.45lbs, so it might be that they're listed in kg in the files but you're playing with the lbs display.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: September 27, 2013, 07:08:57 pm »

Is the mac port working yet?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:32 pm »

Hmm, did not know! TY!
Just a wild guess, but 1kg is ~.45lbs, so it might be that they're listed in kg in the files but you're playing with the lbs display.
They are in grams actually.

Is the mac port working yet?
We're still working on getting a version that is a simple download and go up and working. It is fairly easy to compile a non-tiles version for mac though, and the instructions listed here can walk you through the steps to compile your own (there are a few fairly large downloads involved though).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: September 27, 2013, 08:08:11 pm »

Burned through seven characters in the last 45 minutes.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say it, Static Spawn renders the game simply unplayable.

Crafting a Molotov Cocktail still requires a second empty bottle in addition to the one your material is already in.

And didn't everybody agree that morale loss from being wet due to swimming shouldn't be the case?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »

Burned through seven characters in the last 45 minutes.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say it, Static Spawn renders the game simply unplayable.

Out on a limb with you, though perhaps not the same one.  Those rapid deaths may be related to your playstyle, for me Static Spawn seems highly playable... note I do enlarge the field of view to match most of my character's range of sight, and I am careful not to engage more than one enemy at a time until I feel certain that I am ready for those odds.  Good luck though, and with joy there's still dynamic spawn which your playstyle may greatly prefer!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1086