Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1866934 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6750 on: September 26, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »

Can I do anything with USB sticks with software in them? Are they just quest fodder? I don't have NPCs on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: September 26, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

Fluff or quest fodder essentially.

Would be nice to be able to use them like books via MicroPC or something.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »

Yeah or build robots... a surgery bot with medical software etc.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 26, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »

Way back when, Whales was talking about modular computers - similar to guns, you'd get a 'chassis' that'd have a different number of slots and size capacity.  A simple ebook might have no slots but be able to function as a book and able to store books you find, while a server rig might be a large cabinet case with an enormous weight capacity and free slots, so you could install very heavy processors and memory banks in groups and run more impressive programs.

The uses for these computers would range from reading books, keeping time, setting alarms, hacking doors and missile launchers, providing boosts to the time or success rates for crafting, vehicle optimization, rigging auto-turrets...

The smallest of computers would be little more than cell phones, carried on your person and able to set alarms or act as a radio, while the largest would be trolley-carried towers that can do everything.  With the addition of being able to drag vehicles now, rolling around a big computer frame up to a military bunker and hacking the whole system would be fun.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6754 on: September 26, 2013, 05:22:12 pm »

Hmm, I just failed to pick open a pawn shop. Every attempt, to the point of breaking a kit, it failed, damaged the tool, and sounded an alarm. This with 11 mechanics skill. That normal?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 26, 2013, 05:47:14 pm »

Same with crowbars and prying, however when I just smashed down the doors no alarm..... I did that on like 3 other pawn shops and no alarm, no bots giving a crap.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: September 26, 2013, 05:48:24 pm »

I always smash the windows to pawn shops.  Alarms are less frequent it seems, and if it does trigger an alarm then I simply tear off into the wildnerness and fall asleep.  I have incredible survival instincts.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: September 26, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »

I always smash the windows to pawn shops.  Alarms are less frequent it seems, and if it does trigger an alarm then I simply tear off into the wildnerness and fall asleep.  I have incredible survival instincts.

Maybe you can use your Jacqueshammer to break into them through the walls? I'm sure there are no alarms there...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: September 26, 2013, 06:49:17 pm »

Can you get rid of an addiction while sleeping? Every time I wake up the withdrawal morale penalty seems to be gone, so I'm wondering if the counter resets or something?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: September 26, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »

Morale goes down whenever you get a craving and you don't get cravings while asleep. The addiction counter does tick down while sleeping though.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: September 26, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

Okay, coughing damage needs a nerf. At least, in the version I'm using it does. I've breathed in heavy smoke before; IT ISN'T THAT FUCKING BAD.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »

My 2 primary causes of death are sheer overwhelming violence - such as spawning in a dense swamp - and a single puff of smoke.  It can EASILY take out 1/4 to 1/2 of your torso HP, over a duration of 30 minutes, making it impossible to do anything other than panic looking for bandages for your torso.

SERIOUSLY.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: September 26, 2013, 07:59:24 pm »

That's one of the instances where I, without hesitation, debug-menu cheat. Because seriously fuck smoke.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: September 26, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »

I know right? I know people who have wood fires in their homes sans chimneys because they enjoy smoke. Plus, if the fire is outside, smoke shouldn't even be an issue! ARGH WHY DOES THIS MAKE NO SENSE.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: September 26, 2013, 08:01:31 pm »

I lost my first good character to smoke. Now I just run whenever I see a smoke zombie. You need a ranged weapon.

Fake Edit: Or a gas mask, now that I think about it.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1086