Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859338 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6270 on: September 17, 2013, 05:08:16 am »

WHOAH. WHAT IS IN THE NEW RELEASE?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: September 17, 2013, 09:52:32 am »

okay, first time with 0.8.

i have to say, deon did a lovely job on the tileset. but i still prefer ASCII.

anywho, i took the hints on making a crowbar from the initial shelter supplies and it worked oit surprisingly well. I am already running around with a respectable amount of loot and a beak (mutagens are fun). i boarded up a shelter  and dug a trench around it (save for one spot which i will use as an entrance and a way to corral zombies into attacking me one by one) and am now looking for a vehicle.

i might also try that swanky new supercity worldgen option and see how it turns out. so far, 0.8 has been a great update.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: September 17, 2013, 10:02:33 am »

anywho, i took the hints on making a crowbar from the initial shelter supplies and it worked oit surprisingly well. I am already running around with a respectable amount of loot and a beak (mutagens are fun). i boarded up a shelter  and dug a trench around it (save for one spot which i will use as an entrance and a way to corral zombies into attacking me one by one) and am now looking for a vehicle.

i might also try that swanky new supercity worldgen option and see how it turns out. so far, 0.8 has been a great update.

The default tileset isn't Deon's. At least as far as I know.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: September 17, 2013, 10:08:42 am »

The default tileset isn't Deon's. At least as far as I know.
i know, i just started with Deon's.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:56 am »

Deon's is the default, if you don't adjust anything, that one will display.  If you disable Deon's it will fall back to using GalenTiles.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: September 17, 2013, 10:39:45 am »

Deon's is the default, if you don't adjust anything, that one will display.  If you disable Deon's it will fall back to using GalenTiles.
Unless you also enable SirHodor's tile set, that is.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6276 on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:26 pm »

The mysterious missing lighter charges are probably because activating smoked drugs uses lighter charges or equivalents.

Woo, thanks!

'Twas not from smoking, and I was a bit confused, until I realized that it's from cauterizing wounds and such.  I guess it would, and should, take around 4 matches or 'goes' with a lighter to heat a knife enough to burn a who-knows-how-big wound closed.  Neat touch!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

Are previous survivor's corpses supposed to vanish now? Because I tried out the new version last night, had my first character get squashed by a Brute, and had my next character spawn in the same evac shelter. I killed the brute, but can't seem to find the body of my last survivor. Which is a shame, since he had some stuff on him I'd really like to get my hands on. (Like his hammer).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: September 17, 2013, 12:28:29 pm »

Okay, I switched to SirHoder's Tileset, and I have to say I like it a bit more than Deon's.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: September 17, 2013, 12:29:20 pm »

Are previous survivor's corpses supposed to vanish now? Because I tried out the new version last night, had my first character get squashed by a Brute, and had my next character spawn in the same evac shelter. I killed the brute, but can't seem to find the body of my last survivor. Which is a shame, since he had some stuff on him I'd really like to get my hands on. (Like his hammer).

Last I heard they go all ...braaaaaaains
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: September 17, 2013, 12:47:15 pm »

Okay, I switched to SirHoder's Tileset, and I have to say I like it a bit more than Deon's.

Yes, it's coming very good, be sure to check his thread as he regularly update his tileset :
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »

I noticed when there's a big fight with zombies, the graphics do not make visually a difference between the blood splatters everywhere and the zombie corpse+item making it not easy to find where that corpse you need to waste time in bashing into a pulp to avoid revive can be.

In the tilesets there's different tiles defined for the blood and gibs, but the blood seems to take the priority then.

Problem that does not exist with ascii
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:00:48 pm by Robsoie »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: September 17, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

Well you could Shift+b on every blood splatter like I do(Even though I use ASCII because IMO it looks and feels better than Deon's Tiles at the moment) buuut I guess pulping feels better and takes less time in a pinch

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:40 pm »

The problem with blood vs. corpses in the tiles versions is a known issue. Hopefully Galen will get to fixing it before too much longer.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: September 17, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »

Regarding that troll.
Don't forget that you can report his files on mediafire itself.
It's against their policy to host virus contained files.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1086