Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859684 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Presumably, you could fire as many LAWs as you want, as they are open tubes. No recoil, no flying.

New vehicle mount. Rocket Rack. 8 LAWs welded together. Comes with 8 rockets, add LAWS to it to reload. Acts as an 8 burst, 8 ammo rocket turret with horrific spread.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Experience says that LAW (M72A5) has nice, break-your-nose-to-the-sights recoil.

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

We need to implement backblast somehow. Send them zeds flying!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Experience says that LAW (M72A5) has nice, break-your-nose-to-the-sights recoil.

The M106 also seems to have recoil according to one person in another forum who claims to have experience. But all in all, most recoilless rifles shot well, and well maintained don't seem to have any significant or noticeable recoil. There are of course funny fail videos that depict insurgent training videos where the trainee shoots an rpg-7 and is thrown onto his back, though this is probably a result of the weapon being poorly maintained, used, or possibly a prank of the highly irresponsible sort.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Else they wherent bracing for it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

The above is a post by a known troll and ban-dodger. Do not reply to it.

Well, an RPG round is exactly what it is named, a Rocket-propelled Grenade. Rockets do not give a lot of recoil, but the backblast is considerable. Still, there is a lot of force being applied here, and it can translate into torque when a person isn't standing properly, knocking them on their back. (I know this is not exactly what happens, but broad strokes)

Cataclysm should definetly implement this. A person with no skill in handling such ordnance should get thrown on their ass a whole bunch.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:47:08 am by Krevsin »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Seems I sprung a conversation... What does a LAW look like? I don't recall ever seeing a picture of one

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Like this. About as basic as a gun that shoots rockets can get.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I am right the angled bit near the straight up bit is the trigger.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I think I accidentally deleted my Cataclysm folder. >_> <_< :(

Does anyone have the latest link--the one with the expanded professions and all?

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The M106 also seems to have recoil according to one person in another forum who claims to have experience. But all in all, most recoilless rifles shot well, and well maintained don't seem to have any significant or noticeable recoil. There are of course funny fail videos that depict insurgent training videos where the trainee shoots an rpg-7 and is thrown onto his back, though this is probably a result of the weapon being poorly maintained, used, or possibly a prank of the highly irresponsible sort.

I've heard also that firing large-caliber RPGs (even correctly) can cause up to serious concussions, for instance 112mm APILAS. Seen one fired, but that went without a hitch.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Tiruin, just go on the cata page and donwload the experimental build.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, heres talking about idiotic quests:

Getting a "kill the jabberwok" with classic zombies.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1086