Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859673 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Yep. Afterall, they dont have any LORAN stations to guard anymore and there is no USSR to watch the ships of.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there is no USSR to watch the ships of.

That's what they want you to think.

dun dun duuuuuuunnnn

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

If we are bringing in modding of said laws then honestly I can fire as many I can can carry at once. Just weld stuff together in the correct way and jury rig a trigger system and boom. What they are arguing is duel wielding two laws.
I am now imagining a system vaguely like vehicle crafting, that lets you build some sort of bullet machine where you tape like five guns together and rig up a trigger to shoot all of them at once.

Or do that thing near the end of Aliens, where Ripley duct tapes like, two pulse rifles, a shotgun, and a flamethrower together.  Survival-action!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

FUCK YES.

Hm. I wish you could dismantle guns you don't need. It's annoying having a bunch of firearms I'll never use because I don't have the ammo for them. Hell, we should be able to dismantle EVERYTHING.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Or do that thing near the end of Aliens, where Ripley duct tapes like, two pulse rifles, a shotgun, and a flamethrower together.  Survival-action!
Let us take a moment to acknowledge how badass Ripley is in the Aliens franchise.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we are bringing in modding of said laws then honestly I can fire as many I can can carry at once. Just weld stuff together in the correct way and jury rig a trigger system and boom. What they are arguing is duel wielding two laws.
Don't you mean...

dual-welding? B-)

I am now imagining a system vaguely like vehicle crafting, that lets you build some sort of bullet machine where you tape like five guns together and rig up a trigger to shoot all of them at once.

*cough*multiweapon*cough*WH40K*cough*

*ahem*

We kinda-sorta have stuff similar to this, you can attach gun mods that are themselves guns, and you change firing mode with 'F' to select which one to fire.  The current options are a M203 grenade launcher, a shotgun, and a crossbow.  And yes, you can attach all of them to one gun.
It wouldn't be too terribly much of a stretch to allow attaching arbitrary weapons to each other using this system, I'm just not quite sure we want to be THAT silly, or what limits to put on it.

New Features!
For the masochists among you, you can now set zombie spawn rates with a new option, ranging from 10% of the current rate to 10000% of the current rate. (not a typo, I've seen over 6,000 zombies onscreen at once, it's glorious)
Also a higher-difficulty feature is a new lab type, the ice lab.  Before the cataclysm they were researching ultra-cold environments; now the cold pervades the entire lab, growing more and more intense as you descend. (srsly cold, we're going to need to add some new cold weather gear to make it survivable)
Tiles of course are still in-progress, we're zeroing in on the remaining issues. (mostly vehicle animation, animations, and performance)
We have a vehicle collisions physics refactor in progress that looks really promising.  A new developer that seems to have a solid grasp of both the physics simulation and coding issues has jumped in.
Interactions with water, including zombies diving in and shambling their way across the bottom of rivers has been added, as well as new ways to manage the effects of getting wet.  You can wear all water-friendly clothes (swimsuits, etc) and not mind being wet, as long as it isn't too cold at least.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

On making your own gun:

Despite them being complicated, I would love just a break from reality and let you build your own gun, just to give you the satisfaction of knowing something you made works and doesn't blow up in your face(just like with cars)

On zombie spawn rate:... Dead rising/L4D survival game type with this new thing?

(The Survival mode I mean)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I think I'll debug myself a Saiga-12, explosive slugs, 10000% span rate and go for some fun.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

* Iceblaster sighs

ANYWAY.

Is there any plan on gun building Gryphglyph? Maybe have some new thing in a lab or something that allows you to make your own gun?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I've not heard of any. I don't think we've got any way to create new items in-game (I mean, totally new items, not crafting pre-existing recipes). Disassembling and reassembling guns could be done, but since we have dozens of different guns, do we want to have hundreds of different parts?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, you can abstract some parts of it to keep it simple like have 5 or 6 components of a firearm which can be similar but have slight variations like in vehicles which have different sized wheels and engines.

Might be much more interesting with that because you can also have weapon degradation and maintenance required and then you can have a gun with lots of attachments (like other guns) but the gun might also blow up.

But yeah adding new items in the game exists and is pretty easy to mod in, being able to craft guns like vehicles is not but would be interesting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well, you could improvise them from artifacts, but I think they'd best be some new sort of item type. How you'd name them, I have NO fucking idea.
(I guess you could always do as with cars so people can have their "DICKGUN 9000")

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The problem if you limit the number of pieces is that you end up in a situation where you can take an AK-47, disassemble it and use the piece to make an M16.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem if you limit the number of pieces is that you end up in a situation where you can take an AK-47, disassemble it and use the piece to make an M16.

What's the difference?

You can have differences in barrel to each type of ammunition but a lot of other parts can be interchangeable (in the game, not real life obviously)

It's much like how you can take a pick-up truck and turn it into a sports car (or bike), or if your door gets destroyed you can just replace it with another one.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1086