Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861591 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3540 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:15 pm »

Question for you car-building aficionados: How do you prefer to move the materials to where you're building a car?  Because even the smallest engines are three or four times my maximum weight, and the frames are every bit as heavy as car parts should be.  Short of finding an engine to start with and then crafting frames on the spot, I can't imagine how I'd ever lug all this crap into one place to get started.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3541 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:25 pm »

We really should have something like a wheelbarrow... some kind of simple 'vehicle' which is just a 'trunk' and runs on muscle power.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: June 25, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »

A wheelbarrow or a shopping cart. Two shopping carts. One to store all your stuff and one to sleep in.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: June 25, 2013, 08:02:12 pm »

Question for you car-building aficionados: How do you prefer to move the materials to where you're building a car?  Because even the smallest engines are three or four times my maximum weight, and the frames are every bit as heavy as car parts should be.  Short of finding an engine to start with and then crafting frames on the spot, I can't imagine how I'd ever lug all this crap into one place to get started.

Use your car to carry the pieces around.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: June 25, 2013, 08:26:53 pm »

Question about turrets. I've played Cataclysm since the earliest stages, and never bothered with setting up turrets due to their tendency to disappear into thin air. Have they become permanent items yet, that will stick around after traveling far away or save/quitting?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »

Dont think so. They also dont like you moving z-levels.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: June 25, 2013, 09:02:07 pm »

And so we discover that the foundation of crafting is a terrible Chicken And Egg parable.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: June 25, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »

I still think that my favorite playthrough ever was when I pretended that my character was an operator sent in to wipe out a triffid nest.

I debugged in a ludicrous amount of ammo and weapons, but by the end (after I killed the heart) I had multiple wounds and barely any ammo left, and had to eke out a living in a world that ended while I was murdering triffids.

I still kind of want to do a let's play like that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: June 25, 2013, 11:28:10 pm »

And so we discover that the foundation of crafting is a terrible Chicken And Egg parable.
I've come back around to read this thread three times, and every time I see this post I can't help but burst out laughing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:59:13 pm by GlyphGryph »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: June 25, 2013, 11:51:48 pm »

Or you could just build a bicycle or something similar to ferry parts to your car.

Ooh. Stick a trunk on a golf cart.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: June 26, 2013, 12:02:48 am »

Question about turrets. I've played Cataclysm since the earliest stages, and never bothered with setting up turrets due to their tendency to disappear into thin air. Have they become permanent items yet, that will stick around after traveling far away or save/quitting?
Build a car frame. Add a seat, controls, and a turret. Now you have a permanent turret.

Really fun thing. Add a gas tank and a flame thrower to a bicycle.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3551 on: June 26, 2013, 12:03:19 am »

You could always / the stuff around though that would take a while. I would request a move it all feature for that because I have used it to tidy up stuff in the past and it would have been quite convenient.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: June 26, 2013, 01:05:52 am »

Sigh. Looks like LazyCat's inability to grow up has gotten the kickstarter thread locked. :-\
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: June 26, 2013, 01:12:15 am »

Most entertaining thread in 5 years. I hope the kickstarter is a complete success, love DDA.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:48 am »

With his last bandodging account I imagined him walking in with a trenchcoat with popped collars and a pulled down fedora, looking as suspicious as possible.

Seriously, can't Toady IP ban him? Has nobody been this stupidly persisent until now?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1086