Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864023 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2700 on: May 14, 2013, 02:43:03 pm »

The suit is better, but yes just put the dress on. It's that or freeze.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »

Well, a bra ain't going to fit on a man, no matter how destroyed the social construct that is gender is.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: May 14, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

i realize this is a silly thing to respond to, but that's not actually true. like, at all.

i don't much like the idea of gender restrictions on clothes, but if your just setting it up for your own game, there's no harm

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: May 14, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

Well, a bra ain't going to fit on a man, no matter how destroyed the social construct that is gender is.

It does if you take the Man Boobs trait!
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: May 14, 2013, 02:59:54 pm »

It'll fit, but not well. Not freezing your nipples off won't help you much when the rest of your torso is cold.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: May 14, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

Either it fit, or it doesn't. If you bra ain't your size, it's going to annoy you. Although I know many a fat man who could wear a bra.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: May 14, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »

On a different note, i just walked by a pack of wolves, and they didn't try to murder me. It was amazing.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: May 14, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »

On a different note, i just walked by a pack of wolves, and they didn't try to murder me. It was amazing.

They're just saving you for later.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: May 14, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »

Also not very necessary. When the world ends, if the dress fits and has benefits, why not wear it? Gender restrictions hinder gameplay in artificial, antiquated ways.

It's a game. It is completely unnecessary in its entirety by its very nature.
Might as well say. Well, why add clouds or a sun to a game, they're completely unnecessary to enjoy a game.

Also, what restrictions? I clearly said "and the wrong gender can never get the Fits bonus to encumberment, but can still wear it if they want." They won't get the -1 bonus of a clothing item fitting because... *GASP* it can't correctly fit a frame it wasn't designed for. But they can still wear it. Shocking, I know. Its not even a penalty. You'll just be unable to get the bonus for certain heavily gender-favoring clothes. I'm not even necessarily talking about skirts and blouses. I'm talking about stuff like bras, as talked of earlier, or skintight suits of some kind made for one gender or the other. Etc Etc.
A few people seem to be under the impression I said men just plain can't wear skirts because I'm a sexist pig from the nineteenth century, or something to that effect. Please actually read my post and don't misconstrue it. I fail to see hows it's antiquated that clothing fitted for women would probably fit the majority of men poorly.

Tell you what. If gender tags ever were even added, by me or someone else, I would add or petition that a trait be added along the lines of "Girly/Tom boy" that disable clothes tags and opposite tagged clothes will be able fit you well. Make it 1 point cost. That way people can freely role/play a character that can comfortably wear either if they want.

Also. I triple dog dare you to go try wearing a skintight suit of some kind made for the opposite gender and tell me it fits well. I DARE you.

On a more positive topic, it would be nice if some types of clothing you found, or made at very very low skill levels in tailoring, could have a fits badly modifier that increases the encumberance by one. I might end up trying to add it myself once enough of the game is JSON'd, if that isn't hardcoded in. It would be an easy way to add more variety to clothing scavenging. Rather than take that poorly fitting hoodie and t-shirt, you should take the suit that fits okay instead and leave your jeans.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:29:56 pm by Kaitol »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »

oh god NOOOOOO.... sorry this is going to be off-topic but YOU MADE ME DO IT.....

My uncle did it... he weight about 230pound, took a woman swimsuit, took it on with NOTHING ELSE under and started doing the fishing swim in the middle of the alley right outisde the dresser room? ( place you try before buying ).....

That was horrible... just frigging horrible and you good sir made me think of that horrible sight again XD so live with it now XD.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:48 pm »

i wasn't reacting to you, if that helps, but to sheb, who seemed to be saying that male bodied people couldn't fit into a bra at all, which, again, is not true.

as for the rest, i personally think the present system works well, as there's enough variation of body types within gender. "fits you well" and "doesn't" work for that, tagging it by gender doesn't seem as important to me.

i'm not trying to say a single damn thing about you. i don't know you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: May 14, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant fit in the cataclysm sense aka: "Is comfortably your size so it doesn't bother you as much when you're moving".

But then again, some women have a manly shape and have women clothes fitting them nontheless. Moreover, who said I couldn't take a dress and improve its fit?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »

Re: Kaitol - Now this is technically off-topic, so I'll spoiler the whole thing for some length. Gender is a frequent topic of mine, often discussed at length with friends of all genders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: May 14, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »

What person in their right mind would wear a dress in a zombie apocalypse, though?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2714 on: May 14, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

Depends, does it have more pocket space than my pants? Cause if it does I would totally wear a dress though I would probably modify it a little bit. Also with my lack of breasts I could sew in some patches and use that extra spaces as even more storage. Really in the end though I guess it depends on if your a traveling person or someone trying to set up a base.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1086