Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863965 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2685 on: May 14, 2013, 06:28:31 am »

Ooh, very nice!

No comes the hard decision whether to abandon Mr. LMOE shelter with multiple bionics in favour of the new version or not. I probably will. Maybe I'll go out with a bang first...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2686 on: May 14, 2013, 06:33:24 am »

Argh! The pain... caught between wanting my current character to survive forever, and wanting to update to the new version.

Why, McJester? Why must you be so awesome, and finally have acquired tea to go with your monocle and suit... how can I give up on a post-apocalyptic gentleman karate wielding zombie-hunter?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 14, 2013, 06:35:57 am »

Great! Thansalot.

Edit: You forgot to update the version text in the menu though ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:38:45 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 14, 2013, 06:44:07 am »

Could someone link me to the change log please ? I can never find the damn thing
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: May 14, 2013, 07:29:44 am »

Love, scriver~

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: May 14, 2013, 08:42:47 am »

Hooray! Can't wait to try this one out!

Could someone link me to the change log please ? I can never find the damn thing
You're welcome.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01:38 am »

Awesome!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 14, 2013, 09:36:28 am »

You added Snuggies, Darkling? We suffer the end of the world and we're not even free of the greatest abomination of them all? :P

In all seriousness, great update. Looking forward to really diving deep into this this evening.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: May 14, 2013, 09:49:59 am »

Hooray! Can't wait to try this one out!

You're welcome.

Thank you :)
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: May 14, 2013, 09:53:25 am »

No Z-levels yet from what I can tell, the deveteam did say that they need to put quite a big amount of time and work into it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: May 14, 2013, 11:52:06 am »

Toady recently said that he couldn't compile DF for several months when he was working at Z-levels, so I guess this'll be an insane amount of work too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:49 pm »

How possible would it to make it so that clothing can have a gender tag (but doesn't have to), and the wrong gender can never get the Fits bonus to encumberment, but can still wear it if they want. I mostly ask because now that modding is more friendly (I spent two days trying to mod whale's cataclysm a long while back. It ended poorly) I intend to possibly mod in a bunch of clothing if I get in the mood, some of which might not really make sense fitting well on one gender of the other.

Of course, this really isn't hugely important at all. But a few tiny details to differentiate the genders in game isn't terrible, in my opinion.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

Hmm I'm getting a few crashes with the new version it seems, well I think crashes, everything just seems to lock up occasionally forcing me to exit it and reload. Definitely make sure you have autosave on.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: May 14, 2013, 02:22:40 pm »

Kaitol, what kind of clothing are you thinking of?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:22 pm »

How possible would it to make it so that clothing can have a gender tag (but doesn't have to), and the wrong gender can never get the Fits bonus to encumberment, but can still wear it if they want. I mostly ask because now that modding is more friendly (I spent two days trying to mod whale's cataclysm a long while back. It ended poorly) I intend to possibly mod in a bunch of clothing if I get in the mood, some of which might not really make sense fitting well on one gender of the other.

Of course, this really isn't hugely important at all. But a few tiny details to differentiate the genders in game isn't terrible, in my opinion.

Also not very necessary. When the world ends, if the dress fits and has benefits, why not wear it? Gender restrictions hinder gameplay in artificial, antiquated ways.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1086