Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863570 times)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2520 on: May 04, 2013, 04:20:29 am »

how work the dynamic spawn ??

and the LMOE shelter don't have drinking water?!?!?

Dynamic spawn works by generating zombies in waves every so often, the more noise you make the more frequently waves get generated however there is a total population of zombies in an area so eventually you can kill them all.

And the owner of the LMOE shelter died of thirst.

If i clear a "zone" of city, the zombie can respawn in this zone??

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 04, 2013, 05:19:42 am »

Will be zombie free, but there can still be bears, wolves, cougars, spiders, rabbits and squirrels all around.

Dirk-Kun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 04, 2013, 06:20:23 am »

how work the dynamic spawn ??

and the LMOE shelter don't have drinking water?!?!?

Dynamic spawn works by generating zombies in waves every so often, the more noise you make the more frequently waves get generated however there is a total population of zombies in an area so eventually you can kill them all.

And the owner of the LMOE shelter died of thirst.

If i clear a "zone" of city, the zombie can respawn in this zone??

There's toilet water, shallow water and deep water in the LMOEs.

Zombies do respawn if you clear a zone in dynamic, they won't in static.  Animals will respawn in both modes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:33 am »

But I don't think you'll have much problems with animals respawning if you cleared out an entire town :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2524 on: May 04, 2013, 06:28:38 am »

I learned a very valuable lesson today.

It's called "Don't drive a car at 200 km/h into a FEMA camp," and it was learned because I drove a car into a FEMA camp, wrecked three buildings and came to a full and complete stop in the forth one. I was quickly overwhelmed, pulled down, and consumed >_>

Play safe, kids! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: May 04, 2013, 06:37:53 am »

Will be zombie free, but there can still be bears, wolves, cougars, spiders, rabbits and squirrels all around.

Whoops, yeah sorry, clearing a "zone" won't free it from zombies but clearing a metropolis/city/town/village/cabin will. Zombie cities are quite big with zombies population ranging in the thousands, its much easier to clear a small little village size and set it up as base of operations, sometimes you get lucky in map generation.

I had a nice village with a gas station, two gun stores, police station, pharmacy, hardware store, electronics store and about 15 houses scattered about, I think I killed around 300 zombies to clear it all out and it made a nice base of operations with nice easy straight roads to other towns. I haven't seen huge towns in DDA yet though, I remember in vanilla Catacylsm having a huge metropolis which almost filled the map screen, might have had a million zombies there.

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:50 am »

Whoops, yeah sorry, clearing a "zone" won't free it from zombies but clearing a metropolis/city/town/village/cabin will. Zombie cities are quite big with zombies population ranging in the thousands, its much easier to clear a small little village size and set it up as base of operations, sometimes you get lucky in map generation.

I had a nice village with a gas station, two gun stores, police station, pharmacy, hardware store, electronics store and about 15 houses scattered about, I think I killed around 300 zombies to clear it all out and it made a nice base of operations with nice easy straight roads to other towns. I haven't seen huge towns in DDA yet though, I remember in vanilla Catacylsm having a huge metropolis which almost filled the map screen, might have had a million zombies there.

Yeah, this. I remember Whales once writing that urban zones close enough to each other partly pooled their zombies together or something along those lines.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 04, 2013, 10:33:37 am »

You made it through three buildings? Nice work.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 04, 2013, 10:53:34 am »

You made it through three buildings? Nice work.
LMOE shelter buildings are tents, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:57 am »

Does anyone know how to change the font of Cataclysm? I've found the FONTDATA file, obviously listing the name of the font the game uses by default, but how do I change it for something else? I tried changing it for wingdings, just to see if it worked, but it didn't. I'm assuming the font needs to be placed in the data folder, in some way, but I'm not sure what file format it needs.

I found a nice 9x9 font here that I'd love to use, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2530 on: May 04, 2013, 11:10:25 am »

If you have the font installed, you should be able to just replace Terminus with whatever it's called.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 04, 2013, 11:20:24 am »

I haven't played this since before DDA, guess I'll give it another go.
I WILL RETURN WITH STORIES OF BATTLE!
And probably death.
Lots of death.
My death.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 04, 2013, 11:37:02 am »

add some sound in the game??

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 04, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

Which of these is the best weapon: Nail board, pipe, crowbar, wooden spear? Want to know which one to get to start with.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 04, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »

Crowbars have the added benefit of being able to pry stuff open, and you can cook stuff using a wood spear, so those have the added benefit of being useful outside of combat.  If you want to, you can just make those items and then compare them to the others
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1086