Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863515 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2475 on: May 02, 2013, 11:33:03 am »

I'm pretty sure the default is on.

I just turned it off because I really don't want to deal with it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: May 02, 2013, 11:43:15 am »

That could actually be hilarious. An illiterate, no-int super strength brute named Slab McBeefcake going around smacking zombies into goo with a nail bat.

"Slab don't need no fancy guns or thingamajigs, just smash zombis an dey die"

Only eat raw meat and drink loads of alcohol for bonus points.
Here's what I've been playing with:

Sir Robin of Camelot

Str 15
Dex 12
Int 6
Per 7

+Perks:
Tough
Adrenaline Rush
Disease Resistant
Robust Genetics

-Perks:
Illiterate
Heavy Sleeper
Ugly
Addictive Personality
Truth Teller

I pretend the cataclysm has teleported him from Monty Python-esque middle ages.
Operating from the repossessed mansion of New Camelot, he drives around in the Beast of Aaaaaaa and wields a trusty morningstar. Never could figure out what these gun things are for, but has gained intimate understanding of the mind-altering properties of certain substances.
When things get rough, the adrenaline kicks in and he runs away!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: May 02, 2013, 12:00:21 pm »

Spoiler: BATTLEBUS! BATTLEBUS! (click to show/hide)
due to an unfortunate incident involving buried land mines, mark v of the battlebus series is powered by a 3.37 v6 engine appropriated from the husk of battlebus mark iv

supercharging pending, i ran out of gas before getting to the only non-nuked non-exploded non-burnt zombie-free station within several maps and the emergency solar panel/electric motor is unavailable too

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: May 02, 2013, 12:18:17 pm »

I pretend the cataclysm has teleported him from Monty Python-esque middle ages.
Operating from the repossessed mansion of New Camelot, he drives around in the Beast of Aaaaaaa and wields a trusty morningstar. Never could figure out what these gun things are for, but has gained intimate understanding of the mind-altering properties of certain substances.
When things get rough, the adrenaline kicks in and he runs away!

Attract a few dogs and pretend they are singing his tales.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 02, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

Am I the only person who starts with 14 int? I tend to start with 10 in every stat except int, which is 14, so I can eventualy (if I survive that long) max out skill gain from every book and install every CBM I find with ease, and become a pretty badass mutant cyborg thing.

I used to start with 14 INT, but at some point it was changed so that you can still learn from skill books when you don't meet the requirement, it just goes slower.

Combine that with the fact that a higher skill comprehension doesn't actually give you more skill for EXP spent, it just spends the EXP faster, and I usually start all of my characters with 8 INT, now.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2480 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:17 pm »

I actually find the faster XP use a good thing for training any skill that takes a good bit to train but you don't have a lot of stuff to train it with.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 02, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »

I was thinking of going on a minor bionic-installing spree. Is there actually any way to back out of the chance-of-success screen? I tried using a battery, but I couldn't find a button that let me get out without proceeding with the installation. Also, is there any good way of temporarily increasing the chances? I could always train up electronics some more, but crafting materials for that aren't all that abundant.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 02, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »

I was thinking of going on a minor bionic-installing spree. Is there actually any way to back out of the chance-of-success screen? I tried using a battery, but I couldn't find a button that let me get out without proceeding with the installation. Also, is there any good way of temporarily increasing the chances? I could always train up electronics some more, but crafting materials for that aren't all that abundant.
Do coke. Increase intelligence.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 02, 2013, 05:25:49 pm »

I was thinking of going on a minor bionic-installing spree. Is there actually any way to back out of the chance-of-success screen?
Either space or escape, iirc.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »

Do coke. Increase intelligence.

Coke, drink a ton of soda, get a bunch of morale buffing up. The elated status can give you boosts of up to +25 int I've found; with similarly huge buffs to other stats and seemingly no cap (though it does get harder and harder to buff morale past a certain point [I got to around 1500 with a bunch of booze/candy/chips/music]).

Also, escape/space should let you back out of the screen, yeah.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 02, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »

For anyone that might find their way here in the future, space works, escape does not. Scratch that, space works in some CBM's and escape in others. Maybe that should be standardised.

Thanks for the tips. It's time for some chips and soda hunting, then, I think.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:49:15 pm by Silfurdreki »
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 03, 2013, 04:36:27 am »

Cigarettes gives you a +1 in Int too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2487 on: May 03, 2013, 05:01:51 am »

I didn't realize it was smart to smoke cigarettes. :P
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 03, 2013, 05:07:45 am »

and meth, if it hasn't been changed since last time I played ? I used to do a lot of it before extreme neural self-surgery sessions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 03, 2013, 06:59:27 am »

I think INT governs concentration and focus too. I've never smoked but from what people tell me it helps with those temporarily.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1086