Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861550 times)

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2013, 06:17:15 am »

If I might suggest something to be added, it would be great if a feature is implemented to allow one's character to swap its position with a follower NPC.

It shouldn't be too hard to implement, and it could be somewhat useful. For instance, I wouldn't be trapped in the right-most room of the garage (the one with the door) after barricading the door.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2013, 07:18:45 am »

I'm becoming a proficient bughunter, it seems. Either that, or I'm just supremely unlucky.

My character is stuck in a mobius strip. D: I think all that Adderall I used to survive a hoarde of sewer rats, and subsequent near-death experience has messed up poor Rob's psyche a bit. I move south and it just repeats... the same wolf corpses... the same rock on the ground... the same bush to the east... over and over...

"Robert Denby has gone insane!"

Edit: And that save is now corrupt. Once again, it is a show-stopping bug that ends my Cataclysm play. I'll come back in another few months...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:20:51 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #317 on: January 10, 2013, 07:19:50 am »

Try doing a long range teleport to a few map tiles away, back up save first.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 10, 2013, 07:21:32 am »

I have no idea how to do that. I did back up my save before I saved/quit, so if that by some miracle loads, how do I teleport?

Nm, the backup is corrupt too. I really hate this game sometimes... :) But I only hate it because I love it. It's an abusive relationship.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:19 am »

Debug menu, you can access it with the Z key. You might need to assign a key to debug menu. (You can do that from the help menu, ? then 1)
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:57 am »

Just a random question about this, since I haven't played this in a long time.
Is there a tileset version available somewhere, or are we back to the good old non-tileset roots? :D

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:07 am »

So I (short) teleported in a hospital (that was before finding out that the right room in the garage had glass walls which could be broken) to get out of that trap my supposedly friendly NPC created by blocking the only entrance to the right-most garage room.

Now, as soon as I got back to my garage fortress, I found... a rabbit in there. Are rabbits supposed to spawn in heavily barricaded garage fortresses? And if wild-life can spawn in there, does that mean I will have to deal with the possibility of a bear spawning in my supposed-to-be-safe shelter?

Just a random question about this, since I haven't played this in a long time.
Is there a tileset version available somewhere, or are we back to the good old non-tileset roots? :D
No tileset versions are available. At least, not any that I know of.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:29 am »

Generally there should be a fixed ammount of zombies spawned per city, wildlife shouldnt spawn in buildings.

There should also be themes for generation of cities, heavily damaged/bombarded/ravaged by people/ zombies areas, overgrown ruins, ghost towns(nothing but very little wildlife and some scary rare shit.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:32 am »

Like so:

Why can we not have this ?

That could kinda work but there are a few issues with that as far as I can tell.

• The map would show you as underground, and it might also require any underground is always dark hard-coding to be removed.
  • In order for the building to have windows the outside area of emptyness would have to be 5x5 for every floor to make sure you can't see any of the solid rock walls.  That is A LOT of real estate, most of which is already in use in the city from sewers and subway.
  • Some people do go mining.  Way I understand it there's actually stuff to find.  Not only would encountering a very large unbreakable wall be offputting.  Ant nests can be huge, and already seem to have some problems with breaking into nearby underground terrain.  Right now it seems pretty normal that the ants happened to dig into a sewer or lab.  It would be really weird if they dug into some warped empty space with the top floor of the apartment building downtown floating in it.

I'm all for multiple z level buildings.  But I'm not sure making them just be disguised basements would be the way to go.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

Just encountered a minor bug. After dying in the raging inferno of a tutorial room that I created previously by lighting gasoline, I started a new.

I killed the NPC and got a pop-up saying that dead corpses drop items and you can butcher the corpses. Curious about this, I repeated my actions and got the same results the second and third time.

EDIT: Found an active acid-bomb on one of the NPCs I killed. Activating it causes acid to spawn under me and around me... and the acid bomb itself never 'runs out' of acid, no matter how many times I used. I am officially a human Spitter with this bomb. Anyway, this is another bug I found.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:30:30 am by ComputerWarrior »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 10, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »

How do I empty a bottle or jerrycan? I want to be able to put gas in here, but I already filled it with water.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »

wield and Unload it.
yea, really.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2013, 02:47:41 pm »

I'm loving the addition of Jerrycans and carboys. It makes collecting water and purifying it so much easier. Also gas.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2013, 03:54:01 pm »

I'm loving the addition of Jerrycans and carboys. It makes collecting water and purifying it so much easier. Also gas.

Ye gods. I was already pleased to see that Cataclysm was going to continue, but this!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2013, 05:41:53 pm »

Why did I not think of that, I can just fill up a carboy with river water and just use the water purifier on that!  Genius!

But would that even work with a jerrycan?  Those things hold 4000 units of gasoline, I'm assuming they can hold 4000 units of water, at 1 point of power per unit of water wouldn't you need a water purifier with forty times the current max battery capacity to purify it all?

Spoiler: Suggestion/Bug block (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 1086