Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864169 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2820 on: May 19, 2013, 02:35:53 am »

Unless you specifically delete the world its the same one. It just spawned you in a different area. The note function on the map actually persists though deaths so you can mark things you want future characters to know.

I wouldn't rely on it, though. I've had notes transfer perfectly between characters, and other times every note was wiped. Occasionally I've had it wipe the blinking N markers on the map, but still display the note if you highlight the square. Heck, I've had all my notes wiped at random without character death involved.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2821 on: May 19, 2013, 02:39:37 am »

Yeah its not perfect but it can work. I generally don't use it myself though as recently I have found either new worlds or the same world different place to be a better experience because if I get back to my old base its basically just picking up where I left off but without the skills needed to actually continue whatever I was doing.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2822 on: May 19, 2013, 02:43:58 am »

Just hit an odd bug. I did a mission for an NPC (dog rescue) and when I got back to him I could ask for him to teach me something as a reward. I picked that, but then accidentally hit the 'nah nevermind' option and the game crashed. Now if I try to load it, it says "DEBUG: game::find_missions(5) - it's a NULL!" and exits.

Edit: Is there any way to turn unwanted clothes into rags/string?

Edit2: Also how do you fill a container at a river? I have a canteen but doing what the ingame help says (pressing g or , to 'get' the water) is not working.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:49:30 am by forsaken1111 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 19, 2013, 03:15:29 am »

I think you need to 'a'pply to the water, like you do with gas pumps.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2824 on: May 19, 2013, 03:22:21 am »

I think you need to 'a'pply to the water, like you do with gas pumps.
You 'e'xamine the shallow water, I figured that out after posting. The ingame help just hasn't been updated I guess. If you have no container you can drink from your hands.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2825 on: May 19, 2013, 03:25:33 am »

You can turn clothes made of clothe into rags by apply scissors or some form of knife and selecting the cloth item you want to cut up. This also works with leather items for leather and fur items for fur.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2826 on: May 19, 2013, 03:46:58 am »

You can turn clothes made of clothe into rags by apply scissors or some form of knife and selecting the cloth item you want to cut up. This also works with leather items for leather and fur items for fur.
Ahh good to know. Thanks

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 19, 2013, 04:47:16 am »

But... Cataclysm on iOS??  ;D

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2828 on: May 19, 2013, 05:32:12 am »

Ahh good to know. Thanks
Also, T-shirts and tank tops can be torn up with your bare hands via the ( key. (Or possibly the ')' key, I cannot recall exactly which right now)
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: May 19, 2013, 09:10:30 am »

Do broken arms/legs have any effect ? I can't notice any change on my paraplegic one armed survivor.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: May 19, 2013, 09:42:24 am »

But... Cataclysm on iOS??  ;D

Not going to happen.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: May 19, 2013, 09:46:54 am »

I wouldn't rely on it, though. I've had notes transfer perfectly between characters, and other times every note was wiped. Occasionally I've had it wipe the blinking N markers on the map, but still display the note if you highlight the square. Heck, I've had all my notes wiped at random without character death involved.

Oh, I'd love to see that turned in a feature, shuffling notes around for schizophrenic characters in a crisis  :P

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: May 19, 2013, 11:18:00 am »

any way to unload a fuel for the tank??

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2833 on: May 19, 2013, 11:56:59 am »

Which is a better Oh Shit drug: coke or meth? Do I also need to carry a pipe to oh-shit meth?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: May 19, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »

Why not both ?
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1086