Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864214 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2850 on: May 19, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »

Well I just figured out a way to dupe items. Try to put more items in a trunk then it has room for, and they'll all go on the ground, but the trunk will have clones filling up its remaining space. I think this bug has been in a long time, but I just noticed for certain.

Also, burst seems. Odd. If I kill everything before the burst uses all its bullets, it seems to have tendency to put the rest of the bullets in the nearest wall instead of stopping.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:50 pm »

You can't stop mid-burst. However, you'll automatically try to aim the remaining bullets at nearby enemies; the chance increases with your weapon skill.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 19, 2013, 06:03:22 pm »

Actually you can stop mid burst if theres nothing else in range. It might require a skill check. I've even done it in this version when theres no walls in range.

Otherwise you'd shoot an MP7's entire clip with every single burst. Seeing as its burst size is 20 and its clip size is also 20.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2853 on: May 19, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: May 19, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

Well I just figured out a way to dupe items. Try to put more items in a trunk then it has room for, and they'll all go on the ground, but the trunk will have clones filling up its remaining space. I think this bug has been in a long time, but I just noticed for certain.

Uhhh, you sure? It should just be dropping the excess, and has always done afaik, can't say i've noticed any cloning. It might seem like duplication if your dropping items which don't stack on the floor like most foods and drinks.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 19, 2013, 07:06:09 pm »

Burst fire stops once the last visible enemy is dead. It will shoot at one untill it dies and then it will move on to another enemy nearby and shoot at that. What usually happens is the recoil stacks up so much that after one Z is dropped, the rest of the burst is too inaccurate to hit anything and will be used up wildly spraying it's compatriot to little or no effect.

Although if your skill is high enough (like debug menu high) and the recoil of the weapon is low, you can precisely wipe out an entire mob of enemies with a single burst, if the first round kills, it will move to the next one. To illustrate this, just for fun, use the cheat menu to give yourself supernatural weapon skills, a modded out American 180 and see how many swamp creatures you can mow down with burst fire before the game crashes. Is is also basically the only circumstance full-auto is better then single shot, the game is unrealistic how it handles recoil with weapons like the M249.

Anyways, there are an unrealistic number of full-auto weapons in the game. Military service rifles have 3-round burst, not full auto.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2856 on: May 19, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »

the debug menu
I avoid that like the plague.
Um, Why?

Also on another note, has anyone noticed that when they start a new character the map shows what your previous character explored? I just had that happen to me in video I should be having up later tonight.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »

Given that I now have two railguns, when I used to have one, I am 100% sure about the duping.

Also, crashed and loaded my autosave. Part of my recently explored map data disappeared (Although I was still where I was when I crashed), and my car is not where I left it. I hope it still exists. Had some stuff in it.

Well. It EXISTS but its where it was when I booted up the game today. And none of the loot is in the trunk. Time to retrace my looting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:45:43 pm by Kaitol »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: May 19, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »

Have you guys ever looked at PZ's metagame event driven system and used that for inspiration? It could be based off your actions and the amount of turns between certain things.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2859 on: May 19, 2013, 08:24:23 pm »

As it is the current Devs have mostly followed what was in line with Whales original intent for the game plus what they felt would improve it. Your suggestion seems decent but with how the game is supposed to work it probably would fall apart. Metagame things are interesting and in some games can make it all the better but here its a single person versus the world and if what you did caused the world to move rather than where how the world happens and it makes the person move the current game style would shift. Now having stuff happen after a certain number of turns or days has been bandied about as well and while it might seems sensible as well I personally am against it because of the persistent world. Take special zombies for instance, it has been suggested that they not appear until a certain point but what happens with the next character in the world. Do you just reset that time? How would that make sense, now a season based thing might be interesting but I can't think of anything off the top of my head to do with that.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: May 19, 2013, 08:27:38 pm »

Given that I now have two railguns, when I used to have one, I am 100% sure about the duping.

Also, crashed and loaded my autosave. Part of my recently explored map data disappeared (Although I was still where I was when I crashed), and my car is not where I left it. I hope it still exists. Had some stuff in it.

Well. It EXISTS but its where it was when I booted up the game today. And none of the loot is in the trunk. Time to retrace my looting.

There is no form of autosave (Aside from world-saving when you die); If the game crashes it loads the last game you saved.

So save often, or bug the devs to bring back quicksaving.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2861 on: May 19, 2013, 08:33:58 pm »

There is actually an autosave thing, its in the options menu and is turned off by default. When on it will occasionally save the game while you play but of course its off for a reason. It can take a while to save so if saving takes you a while it probably isn't the best for you because it causes the game to not respond till it finishes saving.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: May 19, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »

Do broken arms/legs have any effect ? I can't notice any change on my paraplegic one armed survivor.

As far as I noticed (in .4 at least), it dropped that limb down to about 30hp permanently (till I got it fixed at a hospital, but that bugged everything the fuck out) and made me slower/gain pain sometimes. Also I think you lose a bit of volume/strength.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: May 19, 2013, 10:00:01 pm »

Probably also can't use two handed weapons with a broken arm, but thats logic speaking, not knowledge.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2864 on: May 19, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »

the debug menu
I avoid that like the plague.
Um, Why?

Just a gameplay preference. I can rationalize giving myself a better start, but utilizing a tool as powerful as the debug menu breaks immersion, tempts me with it's delicious wiles and in so doing devalues the crap outta my gameplay experience.
So I pretend it doesn't exist.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1086