Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861655 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12930 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:52 am »

On a crisp midwinter morning a moving van rolls to a stop in a field two blocks south of a megamall. It disgorges one man with a flaming katana and a lot of time to kill.

"Damn," he said. "That's a lot of zombies."

And it was.

For two entire days he picked locks, crept trough darkness, and stabbed zombies. It was mostly stabbing, though. Like, 95% stabbing.

Seriously. Stabs, I've done them. The building design was pretty fun, though. Shame there's not much there apart from the regular random junk. I'm holding out for a bookstore hiding in one of the corners I haven't STABBED STABBITY STA visited yet.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:21 am »

Er, I accidentally an alcohol addiction. Do I just cold turkey or what?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: August 12, 2014, 08:38:35 am »

Let yourself down slowly...

Then consume 30~ flu shots to stave off illness.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: August 12, 2014, 10:41:52 am »

An NPC lit some dynamite, then tried to bash wolves with it. When he tried, the game started throwing out a ton of debug messages. When he died, I took the dynamite(with a ~20 turn timer), and threw it. When it exploded, the blast deafened me, then while deaf I received a message about hearing the rumble of distant thunder.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: August 12, 2014, 11:14:10 am »

Hey, thats an idea... Add in a mutation for pachyderm feet, allowing you to "hear" with your feet.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:00 am »

Hey, thats an idea... Add in a mutation for pachyderm feet, allowing you to "hear" with your feet.

And then become a legendary rock bender reverse Daredevil.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

Er, I accidentally an alcohol addiction. Do I just cold turkey or what?
Keep it! There is lots of booze, one bottle carries tons of doses. Also you can always debug yourself to be a drunken master, so that you fight better drunk, or better yet, find an ethanol burner bionic and use booze to power your cyborg self
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

Alcohol addiction is a particularly nasty one; there is no reason to keep it, except for the challenge. It does you absolutely no good, you get the same effects from booze without an addiction. Cold turkey is fine for getting rid of it, but you might want to get yourself some Thorazine (alcohol withdrawal causes hallucinations) and a few days' worth of food and water before you try to rehab yourself.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: August 12, 2014, 02:53:32 pm »

Is the software on USB drives good for anything?
Found one with hackpro but not sure if it's worth keeping at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12939 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »

Only NPC-given quests, last I checked.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:41 pm »

In the experimental, I believe hackpro software can be used to craft a "control laptop". According to the description it allows you to control robots but I have no idea if it actually works.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: August 12, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »

Finally got the hang of playing the game. My latest world spawned an awesome area with a military outpost next to a cave within 15 tiles of a lava flow. Unfortunately the cave and bunker are too far away from eachother or the flow to be much use, and the cave is facing away from the lava. I decided to tack a 10x10 wooden house onto the back side of the cave, closer to the lava. During construction, I used a tent that I looted from the nearby town to read at night next to the lava.

Spoiler: House (click to show/hide)

After building the house and adding a floor/roof tile on the rollmat in the lower left corner to cover during rain, I went out and deconstructed a bunch of vehicles for batteries, controls, solar panels, and general parts. I managed to find a wheelbarrow at the hardware store on the edge of the town which also happened to have a metal scrapper, yet another major score. I lugged all the parts (and yet another lucky find, a welding rig pictured left in the first image) back home. I added a solar panel to the rig and then built a solar powered mini fridge with a truck battery for food storage (pictured lower right).

Throughout the course of my adventure, I found some funnels and two barrels, a 30 gallon and a 55 gallon. It rains every single day without fail and wildlife is absolutely rampant around my house. The surrounding area is covered in pulped mooses (meese?), squirrels, bears, and even the occasional giant worm thanks to my crossbow covered in additions which includes an underbarrel shotgun. I like to imagine that my character wanders around with something like
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
just with more lasers and a damn shotgun.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: August 12, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »

In the experimental, I believe hackpro software can be used to craft a "control laptop". According to the description it allows you to control robots but I have no idea if it actually works.

Yeah, keep hackpro.  Hacking robots may be Useful.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: August 12, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »

I always find it odd how the first thing everyone seemed to do in the apocalypse is to either stab or remove all the tires they could reach.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: August 12, 2014, 11:35:33 pm »

I always find it odd how the first thing everyone seemed to do in the apocalypse is to either stab or remove all the tires they could reach.

Must have been a shortage of plastic chunks?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1086