Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109452 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014: The Succession World!
« Reply #990 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »

Wait for the hotfix release?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:54 pm »

We'll wait for some of the hotfixes. Methinks... two weeks should do?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 07, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »

Sounds fair enough. If mastahcheese hasn't popped up by then though, I'm going to start it up myself. In the meantime, shall we figure out rules for length of turns and worldgen parameters?

EDIT: New list as well, the old one hasn't been touched since February 2013.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:59:15 pm by Glloyd »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 07, 2014, 09:05:10 pm »

Well if there's a new list, I want on it (please||apparently I wasn't on the other one '^^)~

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:42 pm »

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod ITS HAPPENED!!!!!
Now I just need to wait for my good PC to come back...

Yes, we need a new list. As for turn length, I think a week or so real-time would be good... maybe less than a week, considering the amount of people that will be on the list (including myself). Don't much care about worldgen parameters, though personally I think we should have the biggest size world possible.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 07, 2014, 09:13:48 pm »

Well if there's a new list, I want on it (please||apparently I wasn't on the other one '^^)~

Perhaps a preference could be given to those on the original list who still want in?

Yes, we need a new list. As for turn length, I think a week or so real-time would be good... maybe less than a week, considering the amount of people that will be on the list (including myself). Don't much care about worldgen parameters, though personally I think we should have the biggest size world possible.

Maybe 72 hours? Does that sound fair? Or maybe 4 days would be better. 96 hours to make your mark?

I'm in favour of a short history (50yrs or so) so we get a decent number of civs as well as megabeasts.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 07, 2014, 09:15:11 pm »

On the new turnlist thing, I am most definitely in.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 07, 2014, 09:16:28 pm »

Looks like someone else just started a succession world. Well that's frustrating. I may just go ahead and start one now myself anyways.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 07, 2014, 09:18:30 pm »

Looks like someone else just started a succession world. Well that's frustrating. I may just go ahead and start one now myself anyways.

Ah, but that world is not OUR world~ Our world will be the biggest because we had the idea first~

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:57 pm »

And we really should wait for the hotfix release.

I think 72 hours sounds good for turn times. Short history, yeah. Big world, yeah.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 08, 2014, 05:44:43 am »

This is going to get us nowhere so here's what I propose. I noticed that there is already another succession world thread. If any of you absolutely cannot wait, then join that one. As for me, I would suggest that we wait for the inevitable bugfixes. Even in the other world succession they've noticed a couple of bugs. There's nothing worse than playing something you've anticipated for a long time only to find out it's unplayable. We've already waited for an year and a half since the thread was made, I'm sure we can wait a bit more too. I would suggest that we fiddle around with the game on singleplayer for a bit so we get accustomed to the bugs and new features of this release, as to not immediately die when we start out in frustration. The Mastah and I have known each other for a long time, and thus I shall try to get things going with him.

So far for world settings we are in favor of Big world, short history and medium number of civs and beasts, which sounds quite a stable play to me.

On the note on the turn list, that shall be sorted in two ways. The first would be to get the latest turn list manually, which is not that hard to do and the second is to redo the turn list. I personally am in favor of the former but with confirmation from each person.

The time we wait for a bugfix can directly be observed on how many bugs are fixed per hotfix. If the number of bugs fixed is large and the time between these fixes is short, then we will be able to wait less. Hell, if you want to make it even faster, you might as well go on a bug hunt and report them in the "Bug Report" Forum Category.

If anybody disagrees, has new ideas or suggestions, now is the time to speak them out.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

ALL RIGHT PEOPLE

Like apiks said, there are games for those who cannot wait. I would REALLY prefer to wait until a non-radioactive stable version is out to start this, I think we can wait for Toady to hammer out the bugs just a little longer.
That said, I will not have Internet anytime soon, and since Glloyd is about to explode, I'll let him make a new thread for the new world.
I do think that we need to pull up the old turn list, and take role call (we've kinda already been doing this)

It's almost time to strike some earth, people.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 08, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »

Well said, apiks, especially for the 1000th reply :P.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 08, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »

Okay, so how many of the ideas we've been brainstorming for the past year in this thread are actually possible in 0.40 now?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 08, 2014, 04:22:51 pm »

ALL RIGHT PEOPLE

Like apiks said, there are games for those who cannot wait. I would REALLY prefer to wait until a non-radioactive stable version is out to start this, I think we can wait for Toady to hammer out the bugs just a little longer.
That said, I will not have Internet anytime soon, and since Glloyd is about to explode, I'll let him make a new thread for the new world.
I do think that we need to pull up the old turn list, and take role call (we've kinda already been doing this)

It's almost time to strike some earth, people.

After crashing 3 times in as many hours, my explosion levels are no longer near critical :P

However, I appreciate you letting me make up the new thread. Definitely worth waiting for some bugfixes though, especially regarding deities (and I didn't even get to fortress mode, which I assume has its own new set of bugs).

We've decided on the world gen settings, now how about the turn lengths? 4 days (96 hours) sound okay to everyone?

Lastly, here is the old turn list, untouched since February of last year:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Direct link for those who care.

Now, I know that a few of those people aren't on the forums anymore, but since we still have the old list, we might as well keep it going. What do you suggest? Want me to PM them all, and go from there?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74