Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]  (Read 4073 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »

Edited sheet. Thanks for having me.

It was Nathan Copper... but Cooper makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE :P

Nathan Cooper:
Training in ranged and morale.
Visiting whoever's in charge of supplying equipment, Nathan will argue his case as to why his men should have more guns and ammunition.
Nathan also keeps an ear out on any activity that may get him his equipment.

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

TURN 2 - February 61 ATF

Druce Rearat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By making them run their laps each day before other training continues you manage to increase the endurance of you're troops. The quartermaster does not see convinced by your need of better equipment, stating that all of you're troops had rifles and enough ammo to last for a battle, the speech you held to you're troops on the first seems to have quite some effect on them, they trained harder than most other regiments and their morale increased.

Gaston Pierrot

You succesfully train you're troops in melee combat, however the ranged practice does not seem to have much effect on them, their shooting abilities do not seem to have increased.

Clair Clogs

You succesfully train you're troops in ranged and speed. [+1 to both values], however, it seems that even you're high influence and noble status does not make it possible for you to find better equipment, most of it has already been bought by the army itself it seems, you could also just have had bad luck.

Torik, son of hender

You manage to get you're troops trained the way you want it, they are getting incredibly good at ranged and melee combat if you compare it to the start of the month, especially their target shooting has increased by quite a bit, you're presence during the training and making them work as a team raises their morale, you're troops trust much in you.
Lezalit Mithras

You're troops are indeed getting better when shooting their muskets in volleys at targets infront of them, however, as much as you try in getting them to run faster during the exercises and as much as their NCOs try to get them to do so, it doesn't seem to work out for good. It seems that there is a local problem of wolves killing sheeps of farmers and you have been offered to station some of you're troops there in order to defend the local sheep. You take a visit to the quartermaster of the armory and he is quite convinced that you're troops may indeed need some better equipment, as such he gives out 5 well crafted muskets to the best shooters of you're regiment, usually reserved for the line infantry.

Nathan Cooper

The morale of your troops increased. You're visist to the quartermaster did not get you further by any means, again he states that you're troops have been equipped withenough guns and ammunition to handle any situation they may face. However, you manage to catch by ear that a local criminal organisation has captured a delivery of weapons to a regiment of line infantry, you could try to retrieve them back, but with a risk.e

// PLEASE NOTE: // Pretty much all rolls on better equipment failed so hard that even I didn't believe my D20 wasn't modified in any way, to be serious, pretty much none of you rolled less than 18 on those rolls :P, also, you might have noted that I indeed incorporate speeches and shit into the way it affects your troops.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 09:36:12 am »

Clair Clogs-This month it will be speed and endurance and I will help out with training, but keeping a ear on local gossip.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:04:46 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 09:36:56 am »

Torik: Continue working with the troops, focusing on melee combat and tactics. Tactics in general. See if anyone has a job they can be useful for.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:21:32 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 09:43:05 am »

Please don't forget the character name before each post.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:09 am »

Gaston-Speed training this month, but keep an eye on local gossip.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:53 pm »

Lezalit.

Assist Nathan.
Leave 10 men to guard the animals.

Once hunt is done train all my mens speed and morale.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:14:03 pm by mesor »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

You said my morale increased, but the number is still 9, just in case it was missed.

Nathan Cooper:
Nathan personally shows the men how to handle a rifle to shoot better. He also has them sprinting to increase their speed.
Once again, he tries to convince the quartermaster that his troops need more guns and ammunition.

Nathan addressed his troops:
'I have heard news, men, of a criminal organisation that have stolen a delivery of guns and equipment to a line infantry regiment. It is something not often considered. We are defenders of the people against forces that would invade. Yet we forget the internal threats to those same people. Criminals with our guns? Unacceptable I say!'
Nathan waits a bit for emphasis (and for any cheering to die down if any).
'I'm asking for volunteers to help me take down these criminals and bring that equipment into the hands of those that will use them for good.'
Nathan, and whoever volunteers (plus all our guns) locate and surprise attack the criminals to take the weapons. He also puts word out to any other militia about the criminals and his plan with a promise of an equal split of the equipment retrieved.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »

I will assist you Nathan.

Lezalit.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »

Druce- We will focus on melee and endurance, conserving as much ammo as possible.
Resend the request for better equipment

Men, you have done well.  However, there is much we still need to accomplish.  This month we will improve our hand to hand capabilities, since more casualties are inflicted in this manner than from a range.  While I continue my path for better equipment, we will focus our efforts on our ability to outlast the enemy.  I am proud of each and every one of you, and I have high hopes for our continued success.  NCOs, carry out the plan of the day.

Note on equipment request

Dear Quartermaster,

I understand your hesitation, however the reason for my request may seemed to be a bit unclear.  If I am to have the combat capable force requested, I will need my men to train with what they will be using in a combat situation.  Now surely the troops at the front are also in need, but in order for them to be properly relieved I must urge you to reconsider.  Our equipment is barely good enough for initial training, but not for a full combat situation.

Very Respectfully,

2nd LT Rearat
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:56:04 pm by germaina »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 04:10:01 pm »

Remember to put your character's name before your order, Mesor. And I'm pretty sure that this little venture will take 2 days tops in-game. So you still have 28 or so other days for your men to train and whatnot. :P

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

(( Bugger, I did to begin with then I deleted it without noticing when I edited in my action to help you. ))

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

*Cough* I hope I mentioned that the ammo is volleys...so 60 men shoot = -1 ammo, and the training ammo is not counted for this so you don't loose it by training ranged fighting, update coming tonight, might get a bit later than usual.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

Ahh, ok.  That wasn't mentioned that I saw.  I'll update the note then.

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:14 am »

TURN 3 - March 61 ATF

A letter from the high command reaches all of you stating that you will have to move out next month, it is not stated to where and why, but that yous hould prepare you're troops for a fair bit of marching into enemy territory.

Druce Rearat

While the Melee skills of the men doesn't seem to get much better they at least hold out longer drills without complaining now. (+ Endurance)
You resend your request for better equipment- which is denied again with the words that should you continue to bother the quartermaster with this it shall have consequences.

Gaston Pierrot

You manage to raise the speed of your militia and at the same time you catch up recent news that one of the members of the Parliament in Niria might be a traitor giving off information to another state nearby, this is not confirmed though, but might be useful later. You recall the name of that person being Sean Parker.

Clair Clogs

Training of your troops proves to be succesful, you try to catch informations off the street but do not succeed at it.

Torik, son of hender

The training of your troops does not really succeed, however you find out that there are quite some useful jobs found under the men in you're regiment, namely, two musicians and somoene who worked as a doctor's apprentice before enlisting into the army.

Lezalit Mithras

Your men raise their speed, however their morale is untouched by your training. (Bandit combat turn and loot in Nathan's section). You leave 10 men of yours to guard the sheep, while they do so some men of the village approach them, saying that they want to join the 666th Militia regiment after what they heard of the fight with the bandits and the good shape of the unit. (+5 men)

Nathan Cooper

The men increase their skill in shooting by quite a bit judging the results on the training target, however, they do not seem to get a grasp on faster movement and the sprinting training has no success. The quartermaster finally gives in to grant you're troops a bit more ammo, mostly only with the reason of getting annoyed by requests it seems. Five of your men volunteer to make the strike on the bandits, Lezalit joints the force with another 2 volunteers. [Bad rolls, bad rolls, whatcha gonna' do...] You prepare an ambush on the bandits, they do notice you in the last second but by then it is too late, all of the 9 muskets pointed at the bandits score a clean hit, hitting them in the chests and heads mostly, two of them get hit in the legs, but quickly attempt leave the scene of battle, some of your troops draw their daggers, some keep the rifles and attack the bandits who are still unorganised and unprepared, while Lezalits men quickly kill of their opponents one of Nathan's men is struck by a sword in the chest causing him to bleed out during the battle as there is no medical aid present, another one gets struck by a bullet shot of a pistol in melee range. After the initial engagement the bandits start to strike back hard on you, more of them coming out of the barn that you assaulted, however, again the tide of the battle changes with Nathan quickly dispatching two of the bandits by a strike of his sword, cutting open their throats. The rest of them flee, two of Nathan's, and one of Lezalit's men have died, a honourable death though. You loot the barn and find a weapon stache full of mountable bayonets and some well crafted rifles which you split on your men.

// PLEASE NOTE: // STANDARD RIFLES = EACH ONE OF YOUR MILITIA HAS BEEN ARMED WITH THE THINGS IN EQUIPMENT UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE = Everyone has a Dagger, Shove, Uniform, Rifle and Ammo for it. I don't know why the fuck you guys keep requesting guns and ammo -.-^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4