Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]  (Read 4074 times)

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:20 am »

We write the year 61 after the fall (ATF) of the emperor and the great kingdom of Fey, many small countries and states have formed all arround the several continents of Aerias, before there were only some small parts of this world who didn't belong to one great State which ruled above them all, but now things are different. Wars between the different factions are regular and mostly fought above the territory held by another, several tries to create an institution of peace to solve these conflicts in diplomativ fights rather than on battlefields between gunpowder and blood have been unsuccesful, in these times, being the commander of a force of men is one of the greates chances to gain honour, prestige and money. You all belong to the Republic of Niria, once a barony under the kingdom the people arose after the fall and created one of the first republics, young officers or seasoned enlisted trusted with the control of a small group of men fighting on the battlefield, will you lead your men and armies to victory, or die on the battlefield? Will you rather make your fortune in politics or on the fields of blood? We will see.

Alright, there goes the backstory. I still want to expand it, which will be done later, but not right now, bare with me if some things go wrong as this is my first forum game on here, let's get to the most important part though: The fuck is this?
Well, I'd explain it as a mix between a combat based game fought on hexfields and at the same time a roleplaying game which takes place in the diplomacy and fight over power in a democracy. It is my first forum game here, and english is not my first language, so bear with me. Combat rules may be unfinished as I forget things, this game also is a test for those, so except changes to happen while we play, however I will always notify players of them if that happens. If you have any questions regarding any of the rules, throw me a PM and I'll answer it, if you think it might be important for other players aswell be sure to ask in the thread.

General setting of the game plays arround 1800, so the same technlogy that was available in the real world back then is also appliable here.

Background of Niria
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

General Rules

Combat Rules

Character Creation

Map:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:45:56 am by Caelyth »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 08:58:17 am »

Reserved, sheet tonight.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Black Guard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:49:14 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:00:23 am »

Really, blue is water?  :o

Anyways...

Spoiler: Torik, Son of Hender (click to show/hide)

Ninja'd by a reserve...how annoying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:54:03 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:07 am »

I just thought I'd better point it out :P
Also, you really sure you want those stats? You'll need Charisma to lead your troops, Diplomacy and Influence to gain more equipment and such, but meh, your choice :P. Quite surprised that there's even people interested in this, especially as I'm new to ze forums.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:10:31 am by Caelyth »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:59 am »

On a general note, the forum tends not to care that much about who you are, but more about the idea. Unless, you're one of the most popular Gm's around here of course.

Ptw, btw.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 09:24:58 am »

I've played all the official M&B games and over a dozen mods and they all rock, so I'll set up a sheet when I get home.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:34:34 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Army (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:12:48 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:16 am »

I just thought I'd better point it out :P
Also, you really sure you want those stats? You'll need Charisma to lead your troops, Diplomacy and Influence to gain more equipment and such, but meh, your choice :P. Quite surprised that there's even people interested in this, especially as I'm new to ze forums.
Yes, I'm sure. I've decided to throw away rationality just this once and play a crazy old man who knows what he's doing. But is mostly crazy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

You just slapped the cool-sounding territory names together without giving the slightest of thoughts to their meaning, didn't you? Because a barony, a kingdom and a county all being the same size is, frankly, ridiculous.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 09:55:50 am »

You just slapped the cool-sounding territory names together without giving the slightest of thoughts to their meaning, didn't you? Because a barony, a kingdom and a county all being the same size is, frankly, ridiculous.
Probably, they weren't. This takes place after the fall of a great empire. The Baron/ Count must have gathered terretory, or the kingdom lost it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:10 am »

GWG: heard of Old Man Henderson?

Also, posting to watch.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:52 am »

GWG: heard of Old Man Henderson?
No, I just randomly made my character about as old as he's allowed to be and named him the Son of Hender, because Hender is such a common name. And I had somehow been ignorant of that legendary tale all these years.
Bazinga, in case it wasn't clear.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 10:59:53 am »

Sheets done.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

Hope I'm not too late.

Spoiler: Gaston Pierrot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pride of Avrion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:31:30 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:21:47 pm »

Just in case you could spare one spot...

Spoiler: Druce Rearat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rat Tails (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:50:48 pm by germaina »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4