Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72223 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 15 - The Tell-Tale Munch
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

"Oh, hello. Congratulations on losing the third chance you had. Have a good day."

Head away from the temple at a brisk walk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »

Bump for fun and profit, just in case somebody missed the turn.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »

'I'm here to see Naphezim of Vipuka,' Sejena said to the old woman. 'Satjap sent me.'

Keep calm, carry on, and ask for Naphezim. Be as friendly as possible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2013, 06:08:31 pm »

Bump for fun and profit, just in case somebody missed the turn.
Gronok WordFlooder reporting for duty!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2013, 06:14:01 pm »

Elizas wakes up the merchant and the rest of his party, and heads hurriedly to the public execution.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2013, 10:39:42 pm »

"Hm... definitely tracks. Less definitely witchtracks, but I say we go for it. Don't see why a notwitch or wolf would be wandering around here anyway. Other than to find out why a notwitch or wolf was wandering around here anyway, I suppose."

Follow the tracks!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 16 - Hearing Voices
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2013, 04:06:42 pm »

Turn 16 - Hearing Voices

Gronok, realizing that he just revealed his spiritual allegiances to a man representing a different, not particularly tolerant religious sect, a man who seems to be carrying a very, very sharp sword, no less, tries to get out of this situation as painlessly and smoothly as possible.

[Charisma roll: 1-->2+1]

"As a holy man, you must have a creed, correct? Then you know the importance of following said creed. I was compelled to reveal the false priests - by the way, you really should question the ninth and eighth priests - because my god cannot stand it. Their lies benefitted none, nor revealed some great truth, nor even entertained! They were just that - lies that taught nothing and sought to reveal knowledge."

"You are correct in assuming that I am not a worshiper of Kezilam; I serve Mo'kar, the Teacher, the Wise One, who wishes for his children to learn so they may ascend to his side. And I come to spread word of his teachings, which are very similar to Kezilam's, from what I know."

"So, this god, this... Mo'kar, he... teaches you things? Tells you things?"

"Yes. He is a force of enlightenment, and I see far more clearly due to his influence."

"How does this god appear to you?"

"Usually as a niggling voice in my head telling me to do things."

[Priest 3 escape roll: 1-->4]

Gronok sees the escaping priest stumble confusedly to the door and try to pull, only to find it locked.

"And you do them?"

"Yes. It is the will of my god, after all."

"I see."

[Crowd pursuit roll: 2]

The crowd slowly begins to recover from its pile-up and advance toward the priest. The coordinator gestures to one of the alcoves. Several guards come out.

[Priest 3 escape roll: 5]

The priest, noticing the crowd after him once more, runs for one of the side doors. It appears to be open, interestingly enough.

[Crowd pursuit roll: 1-->4]

The crowd clearly sees his avenue of escape, but one of them shouts something about the area being sacred and not for the uninitiated. The people seem to stop at this remark. Interesting. Gronok turns back to the advancing guards. The coordinator pulls out a wicked-looking sword from a scabbard on his belt and speaks once more.

"It is rather clear that you are possessed by an evil force of some kind. Submit for purification. It is for your own good."

Well now.

Seeing the guard raise an alarm disheartens Phiali. Well, maybe tomorrow will be better. He starts to walk away after saying a few words.

"Oh, hello. Congratulations on losing the third chance you had. Have a good day."

[Guard pursuit roll: 2]

The guard seems confused by this remark. Confused enough, in fact, to not pursue Phiali as he walks away. Poor guy. Well, at least he'll get to practice his excuse-making skills. Phiali is soon out of sight and earshot, and it seems like no one is following him. Still not stabbed. This is a good thing.

Sejena purposefully walks over to the old lady and tries to be as friendly as humanly possible, given the circumstances.

[Charisma roll: 3+1]

"I'm here to see Naphezim of Vipuka," she says to the old woman. "Satjap sent me."

The lady gives him a critical look.

"Naphezim of Vipuka? Satjap... do you mean Satjap of Adokiim?"

"Yes, it indeed him."

"Are you the whore he was promised?"

Well, that's quite... blunt.

Elizas knows that time is of the essence and acts accordingly, seeking out the merchant and his companions.

[Merchant condition roll: 5]

The merchant is fairly easily woken up, as are his companions. They are a little bit drowsy, but that's probably natural when you consider the previous night's entertainment. Especially when Elizas realizes that they seem to have had a bit more luck in the loose women department than himself. Shaking them out of their sleep, he manages to get them to head with him to the execution square, post-haste.

[Pathfinding roll: 3]

It takes him quite a while to find the place, but the execution square is eventually reached. Looks like a few executions have happened already, judging by all the blood on the ground. A man is being currently led over to the stoning pole.

"Crap, it's Patalim! They're executing him already!"

It looks like the people are getting their stones ready, and a fellow in gray robes is preparing to read something from a scroll next to the pole as Patalim is being secured to it. Patalim himself has a look of defeat on his tired features.

All in all, it's a depressing, bloodthirsty-looking place.

Shashari is about to investigate the tracks, but realizes that she should probably fill the Siren in on her findings first.

"Hm... definitely tracks. Less definitely witchtracks, but I say we go for it. Don't see why a notwitch or wolf would be wandering around here anyway. Other than to find out why a notwitch or wolf was wandering around here anyway, I suppose."

"It is most regrettable that witches do not have easily recognizable tracks. It would make life much easier for me. Anyway, I have nothing against a little investigation. After all, all the witches are petrified at this time of day. We are probably in no real danger. Probably."

Now that that's cleared up, Shashari gets on with her detective work.

[Tracking roll: 1-->6]

After a monotonous hour of following the tracks, Shashari comes to the saddening conclusion that she has no idea what she's doing due to two reasons: one, yesterday was literally her first time in the woods. Two, she's pretty sure the tracks didn't look like this when she started following them. Hm.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »

"Given that I've actually advanced the goals of both Kezilam and Mo'kar, and the fact that purification most likely involves torture, I cannot in good self-preservation submit to 'purification', as I already seek to purify the world with knowledge. But here: if Mo'kar is no god, as you believe, why not try to verify if that's true? For all you know I could be a messenger of Kezilam come to test your faith. So just for the sake of clarification, we shall call upon each others' gods: I upon Kezilam, you upon Mo'kar. Whatever happens then, happens.
If he agrees, call upon Kezilam to provide proof to me that s/he exists, and/or Mo'kar does not.
Apologize to Mo'kar beforehand, saying that in just trying to reveal the truth to the priest.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:43:25 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:18 pm »

"STOP!" Elizas yellws to the crowd, accompanied by a guitar riff for good measure. "I am a dignitary of God and I must inform you all that you are sentencing a man to death for following His Holiness. I warn you that if any of you harm this man further you will be cast into the fiery pits of the underworld where the men are limp and lame, the women give you burning dreadfulness, and the alcohol is always warm!" 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »

I am amused that Xantalos is apologizing to Mokar.

Head back to camp, pray, look for dinner, prepare dinner, pray, take a brief nap, wake up around midnight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »

I am amused that Xantalos is apologizing to Mokar.

Head back to camp, pray, look for dinner, prepare dinner, pray, take a brief nap, wake up around midnight.
I prefer not to get smited over a misunderstanding.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »

"...either these are shapechanging witches after all or we're going in circles and ruining them. Or they're just different tracks.

Have I mentioned I am not a woodswoman?"

Keep trying? Hopefully these are shapechanging witch tracks and not angry bear who walked over witch tracks tracks.

Or meaningless shapes in the ground.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2013, 08:41:32 am »

Sejena kept her placid smile. She would have to have a nice, long talk with Satjap when she next saw him. There was no longer warmth in her voice when she next spoke. She was growing to enjoy that.

'I'd appreciate if you watched your tongue, so I don't have to pluck it out. Now, where is Naphezim?'

Be a bit more... assertive. Head to Naphezim's if successful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 17 - It Was A Good Dream
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:54 pm »

Turn 17 - It Was A Good Dream

Gronok tries to stop the horrible guards and the horrible coordinator from inflicting horrible demon exorcisms from him. He's heard of these things, you know. It's not his first time around a temple. His mouth, a very useful organ if there ever was one, begins to work full-time once again!

[Charisma roll: 1-->5+1]

Though it proves quite futile, for as he thinks of how to best defuse this situation, the guards set upon him!

"Wait, stop!"

They don't seem very inclined to converse with demon-possessed lunatics. Neither does the coordinator. All is not lost yet, however, as the guards are a bit overzealous and push him off the altar area of the temple rather than simply grab him. This seems to be a mistake they are not particularly eager to repeat.

Elizas realizes that he has arrived here just in time! He pulls out his trusty buffalo-bone guitar and plays a very fine riff while yelling "STOP!" The crowd halts their whispered conversations and turns to the musician and his companions.

[Charisma roll: 3]

"I am a dignitary of God and I must inform you all that you are sentencing a man to death for following His Holiness. I warn you that if any of you harm this man further you will be cast into the fiery pits of the underworld where the men are limp and lame, the women give you burning dreadfulness, and the alcohol is always warm!"

The crowd seems quite puzzled by this.

"Eh, which god are you talking about? Kezilam? Azlippus? It's kind of important!"

That... wasn't quite the reaction one would expect. Perhaps holy disputes are more common here than where he comes from?

Phiali decides that perhaps this is not the best time for exploration. He heads back to his camp and prays for a while, then looks for something to eat.

[Search roll: 2]

Since there wasn't a whole lot around here the last time he looked, it comes as no surprise that there are still exactly zero delicious vittles in his immediate vicinity. A man can dream, Phiali supposes. To fix his bad luck, he prays once again, then takes a good nap.

[Dream roll: 2]

He dreams of water. Lots of it. Delicious, cool water. Everywhere. It was a good dream, all in all, so Phiali can't help but slightly miss it when he gets up at around midnight. Oh well. Time to get down to business, presumably.

Though Shashari hardly feels confident in her woodswoman abilities, she keeps trying to find out where these tracks lead.

"...either these are shapechanging witches after all or we're going in circles and ruining them. Or they're just different tracks."

"Have I mentioned I am not a woodswoman?"

"Not yet, though I've already gathered as much from our trip. Good effort, though, I suppose. For what that's worth."

[Tracking roll: 6-->6]

Bolstered by the Siren's optimism, Shashari resolves to track these tracks like a true tracker would, following them with as keen an eye as she can muster. This time, she will not lose track and follow them to their source... or destination. Surprisingly difficult to tell with these tracks.

After about an hour of following tracks and examining suspicious animal droppings, Shashari believes she may have found the source of the tracks - it is a cave of some kind. It looks rather dark and mysterious.

Sejena tries a bit of a different approach with the old lady this time.

[Charisma roll: 1-->5+1]

"I'd appreciate if you watched your tongue, so I don't have to pluck it out. Now, where is Naphezim?"

"To be honest, if you are not the whore he was promised, I see no reason why I should tell you this. He does not really need to see any other particular whore, at least not today. So, now that we have resolved that issue, will that be all?"

The old woman grins toothlessly at Sejena. Quite the mouth on that one.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 17 - It Was A Good Dream
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2013, 01:19:35 pm »

((Guys, how undignified would it be if I started publicly strangling this woman out on the street? Like hell I'm gonna be civil with her.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60