Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72134 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Name: Gronok the Old
Pre-enlightenment profession: Gronok was that old man you see in small villages. The oldest one there, he regaled people with tales of their ancestors/the gods/current events, firelight flickering over his face. He is very charismatic,(+1) and can make up stories and other such stuff in a flash. However, Due to telling so many stories, he occasionally mixes up details.
Story of enlightenent: Gronok had a good life. In exchange for food, water, and a place to sleep, he did what he loved to do: tell stories. He told stories of peace and plenty, war and strife ... rather a lot of the latter, actually. But life was good, and Gronok was happy. It was not to last. Raiders cam one night; in the dark before morn. The village had no chance to survive. Women were raped next to their husbands, then killed and placed in each-others' arms. Children were butchered. Blood covered everything. Gronok, awake by chance, terrifed by the noise, turned to run ...  but something stopped him. Something made him turn around, march back into the village where the radiers were cornering a child - the last one left alive - and yell wildly to attract their attention. He even threw a rock or two at them. The raiders turned, and the child slipped away. As the outraged bandits charged toward him, Gronok was calm, knowing he had saved one life, at least. He closed his eyes ... and was shocked to see a pair of blinding eyes staring back at him. As he flinched away from the glare, he heard a voice, saying, You have My favor, and the light grew so blinding as to force Gronok's eyes open. To find every last bandit dead - with charred holes punched through their hearts. Gronok was in awe - he dropped to his knees, and looking up at the sky, beheld them reform into the shape of a cloaked figure. Go forth and spread my word, Prophet, and know that I am with you. The light faded, and Gronok knew his new calling - to spread the faith of the New God.
New God Suggestions: Mo'kar the Teacher (' is a syllable break) is all-knowing but wishes to see mortals learn, approves of gaining knowledge - any knowledge, (ie: both learning math, how to milk a goat, and a moral from a story) and dislikes the act of withholding knowledge from another, ie secrets or deliberately not teaching them math even if they ask to be taught.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:38:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile

Name: Razeos

Pre-enlightenment profession: Master of The Shadows of Tezelom guild. ( +1
to stealth, has contacts within the city,
He is wanted by the city guard. )

Story of enlightenment: Thief, assassin, businessman, all these words could describe Razeos.
He was once just a simple scoundrel, struggling to survive on the mean streets of Tezelom. His gang,
which was called The Shadows of Tezelom, were beyond small time. They were more like a mob of
starving kids, then anything that could seriously be called a gang. But even in his youth, Razeos was
a vastly intelligent man. He could see the raw potential that the shadows had, all they need was
a new leader that could unleash that potential. All they needed was him.

Fortune struck Razeos one day, when the old leader of the Shadows was mysteriously assassinated
in his own bed. With him being declared the next in line for the job not a day before, Razeos could
not of been happier about the turn of events. He quickly took charge, and began a violent  campaign
to wipe out every other gang in the city. It took years of brutal fighting, but the shadows eventually 
became the last gang standing, and with that came all the city's criminally networks. For most men,
this would be enough, but not for Razeos. He wanted to be more then just a criminal mastermind,
he wanted to be a king. To do this, he used his newly acquired wealth to buy up hundreds of legitimate
businesses across the city, and used them to legally sell stolen goods at sky high prices to their
unsuspecting victims. Only to be stolen again.  He then bribed officials so they would making his
gang into guild, which blocked anyone from the lower classes of their ability to charge him of any crime.

He soon became one of the most powerful men in the city. The king of thieves they called him.
But his vast wealth and power left him unfulfilled. He wanted to be a real king, not just the king
of thieves. But that would be imposable for one of his low birth to achieve on his own. His inability
to ever achieve his dream made him despair.

He was laying in bed, sadness washed over him like a blanket, when a voice called out to him.

"I have been watching you Razeos, watching you like a master watches his slave.
So far your cunning, and ruthlessness has impressed me. But now look at you, to scared to die,
and to weak to move ahead. I can help you child of Tezelom. I can give you power beyond that
of mere men. You could be king of this world. All I require is your worship, and obedience."

Rezeos thought about It for only a moment. "Yes my lord."

Suggestions for the New God: This god is ruthless, likes people who use others to grow more powerful, hates helping to others at the cost of yourself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Name:  Lars
Pre-enlightenment profession: Shepherd (Survivalist: Can live off the land.  Animal Empathy- Bonus to working with animals, especially sheep.  Low Social Status:  No one likes shepherds- they stink!)

Story of enlightenment: Lars was tending his flock on a hillside one night, watching the stars.  A strange light appearing on a neighboring hill seemed to beckon him.  He walked over to the next hill to investigate, and found a fire burning from nothing.  He reached out toward it... and the flames enveloped him, washed over him, cleansed him.  Lars passed out from the shock, but woke with a new purpose.  No more shall Lars tend sheep.  Now he shall be a shepherd of men, tending the flock and guiding them on their new path.  Those that strayed, however, were not to be rescued- they would be culled.

And the only true way to cull a man was with fire.

Suggestions for the New God:  The New God is vengeful and likes seeing those who refuse to see the light burned.  He hates disobedience.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Okay, last minute bump. Turn will be up in about 7 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

The devil? How did I miss this for three days?

Hm... I wonder if this is a sign.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The devil? How did I miss this for three days?

Hm... I wonder if this is a sign.
A sign to get a character sheet in!
And stuff. Blood for the Blood God Character Sheets for the GM god!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A sign to get a character sheet in!

Actually, yeah, the bump was mostly for Irony, I have to admit. Seemed pretty excited about the idea way back, after all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:17:50 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: The Prophets Have Arrived!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 05:35:07 am »

Introduction
The Prophets Have Arrived!

It's a beautiful day in the land of Tezelom, the skies are clear and the songs of birds ring out across the landscape. People all across the land are going about their daily lives, enjoying the uneasy peace the day has brought them. They may live in a land of ancient tradition, great culture and reasonable wealth, but it is also true that said land is frequently consumed by conflict, senseless destruction and violence. However, this is not merely an unusually peaceful day, for today begins a new era: The Age of the Prophets, a time that will leave an indelible mark on the nation's history.

The Prophets, men and women of varying backgrounds, have all made their way into Tezelom, and even though none of them know each other, they are still unified in their mission to bring the One True Faith to the unenlightened masses. The beginnings of their respective journeys are quite humble indeed, but each and every one of them holds the power to change the world, even if they may not fully realize it yet.

For instance, the youngest of the Prophets, Shashari, has only left her home this morning, setting off from her hometown into the world to preach the word of the True God. As she walks along the dirt road, she regards the seemingly savage world around her with a sort of cautious interest. This is all so unfamiliar to her, the sights and sounds of the countryside, the rough road ahead and the feeling of uncertainty that a traveler's life brings. However, these feelings also bring a sort of novelty with them, as the unknown brings new experiences, new challenges, new things to desire and obtain. She stops to consider the area around her.

All these fields look alike to her. Honestly, how can people find their way around, let alone live here? It's getting infuriating. She doesn't know where she's going, where she is and what's ahead. What's a girl to do in this situation?

[Perception roll: ?]

The only living beings she sees around her are a flock of sheep gently grazing a ways off the road. Well, it's good to know that at least something can survive in this area.

Elsewhere, an old man named, aptly enough, Gronok the Old is walking down a road that is similar in a great many ways. That is, it's made of finely-stomped dirt and is equally unknown to the traveler walking it. Gronok, however, is far too excited to let that get to him. Though the area has somewhat of a reputation for its brigand infestation, Gronok finds it difficult to truly fear them, considering the events of the previous night. A certain something has changed in his entire perception of the world and the people in it, and he believes that this change may be for the better.

However, now is not the time for deep introspection. If he remembers correctly, there should be a village just over this hill. Gronok quickens his pace, eager to get some rest for his old bones.

As he passes over the hill, he is met by the sight of an empty plain. Hm, maybe the village was over that hill? Or maybe not over a hill at all, but next to a river? Or maybe he made that entire story up? It's getting difficult to tell some days.

Even further away, right on the southeast border of Tezelom in the Izakiim Mountains that have served to protect Tezelom from the obvious threat of foreign incursion and the more insidious threat of subversive ideas for thousands of years, a man going by the name of Phiali Heavenchanter makes his way into Tezelom to do both in spite of the unforgiving mountainous terrain. It's been a long week in the mountains for him, but through sheer determination and, in his opinion, not an inconsiderable amount of divine guidance, he has made a lot of progress. So he can't help but smile with satisfaction when he reaches the final slope leading to the Chosen Land.

He lets his gaze wander over the countryside from his lofty perch, appreciating the sight of dense green forests and small mountain streams as far as the eye can see. Truly this is a blessed, if ignorant land.

He believes he sees a trail of smoke coming from the distance, probably about three miles away. A border town, perhaps?

On the other side of the country, another foreign traveler, one Elizas Hi!kok Bagon finds a much warmer reception than Phiali. He actually has a road to walk on, you see, and it's even cobbled, a privilege extended to only the richer regions of the nation. However, the relative comforts of the road are somewhat offset by the incredible dryness of the area, as only a few shrubs exist along the semi-desert that are the western regions of Tezelom.

Though the general nature of his mission is clear to Elizas, he does feel like he might be in for a difficult journey yet. Thirst is beginning to set in, and the sun is absolutely merciless. He doesn't recall it being this bad even in his own homeland. Still, he has a road to follow. A road that leads to Berikalam, one of the richest cities in Tezelom, and most assuredly a great place to start his mission of enlightenment.

Shielding his eyes from the sun and looking in the distance, he notices a merchant caravan going his way just ahead. Perhaps if he rushes, he might be able to catch up with them.

Seemingly safe, but actually in a far worse situation is the last Prophet, Sejena the Temptress, as she wanders the somewhat meager city-state of Telokiim. Though she is dressed in some of the finest clothing money can buy and carries herself like the noblest of queens, she is met not with admiration, respect or even fear. Rather, every person she passes spits in her general direction or at least gives her a very stern and hostile look. It seems that neither the king nor his host of concubines are particularly well-regarded by the public, especially when you consider the recent surge in popularity across the nation that the cult of Kezilam, goddess of purity and hard work experienced.

As she walks down the street, she sees nothing but hostile faces all around. Not a single one of these people seems willing to help her, or even talk to her. Some of them seem to take offense from her even looking at them.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:54:43 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to sleep now, but I'll grab Maroon text for Gronok.
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll go with red, like the colour our wrathful god will cover these lands in.

---

((Is this the city of the king Sejena escaped from, or a different one?))

Sejena moved quickly, keeping her eyes straight forward. Goddess knew these people would take eye contact as an excuse to murder her in her sleep. She would have to obtain a disguise - it was her fine clothing marking her out, she decided. It would be a blessing to be out of her silks and fine dyed fabrics, throwing off the shackles of her old life and starting anew. Still, she was somewhat fond of them. Something so beautiful didn't deserve to be abandoned, and, besides, she could hardly present herself to noblemen in rags. For now, though, simpler clothes would have to do.

The way the people treated and reacted to her - it had been surprising, at first, even shocking. The palace priests had treated her with disdain and the king's late wife with hostility wrapped in smiles, but these people seemed to outright hate her. Perhaps it was all she could expect from peasants. She didn't have much experience outside the walls of the palace...

Sejena realized she had stopped, staring at a storefront, and picked up her pace. The unwashed masses seemed to swirl around her, pushing closer with hostile expressions. Sejena breathed deeply, trying to calm herself. She needed to get out of the street.

Sejena tries to find a merchant who sells more plain, peasant clothes
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:27 am »

Same city. City-state, in fact.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 06:44:52 am »

Damn. I'll have to find some of the local nobility who don't like the King, then.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 08:51:19 am »

I'll take Green Words.

[bold]Phiali will enter the town, find a place to stay the night, and tell of his journey, starting from the last battle he fought in, to his miraculous survival, to the pilgrimage, to my arrival. Leave until last the divine guidance I had.[/b] Hopefully these people won't be xenophobic...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 09:10:01 am »

((I'll take purple unless somebody else wants it.))

Shashari scratched her head, looking at the sheep. Well... she supposed the only interesting things around here might warrant a bit of investigation. Maybe she could find the shepherd while she was at it.

Approach and examine sheep. Glance around for anything that isn't a sheep.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60