Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Sign up/Discussion Thread  (Read 6989 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Sign up/Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 09:31:14 am »

Patron: Gaia (Lemuel has no religion except for the defense of reason. Gaia seems like the patron that is most reasonable)

After a look on Wikipedia about Houyhnhnms I would suggest you take Zephyr instead. It fits much better since Zephyr also governs common sense, logic etc. But also movement which makes sense for a.. horse.
Also, I have not get given you gear or skills since I am not sure how a Houyhnhnm would even fight. Could you perhaps explain that for me?
Well Horses can kick and bite people. Horses have a pretty powerful kick. And I'll change it to Zephyr. Also I chose a talking horse because I wanted something out of the ordinary and reference some book. Also I'll change it to Zephyr.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 09:44:43 am »

Patron: Gaia (Lemuel has no religion except for the defense of reason. Gaia seems like the patron that is most reasonable)

After a look on Wikipedia about Houyhnhnms I would suggest you take Zephyr instead. It fits much better since Zephyr also governs common sense, logic etc. But also movement which makes sense for a.. horse.
Also, I have not get given you gear or skills since I am not sure how a Houyhnhnm would even fight. Could you perhaps explain that for me?
Well Horses can kick and bite people. Horses have a pretty powerful kick. And I'll change it to Zephyr. Also I chose a talking horse because I wanted something out of the ordinary and reference some book. Also I'll change it to Zephyr.

Haha, alright. I was thinking of giving you armor with a lance attached to it or something.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 09:55:22 am »

Haha, alright. I was thinking of giving you armor with a lance attached to it or something.
armor with a lance sounds good too. Also my character is a trained Yahoo killer.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 01:13:07 pm »

Decided to try a carbon copy of the last character. A bit of a change here and there, but nothing major.
Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »

Alright! With that we got all the players ready. I will be posting the game thread in a few hours.
Oh, and if there is anything you don't agree about with your sheet then don't hesitate to contact me about it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 02:18:55 pm »

WHy do I have a staff? It would make much more sense to have claws.

Also dammit previous RTD people!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 02:53:47 pm »

WHy do I have a staff? It would make much more sense to have claws.

Also dammit previous RTD people!

Fixed! Yeah, all of them responded to my messages. You will be the first one in should one of them die a horrible death however!

Edit: And the thread is up! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121013.0
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:17:17 pm by Zarule »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

How did the party meet?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »

Well if thats the intro then I hope I at least get a proper introduction when you all die horribly.

Maybe falling from the sky after a distant explosion and on fire.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »

Maybe only one of us dies horribly. One that isn't me.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 03:44:32 pm »

How did the party meet?

Magic! Assume whatever you want, it's not to important how you all met each other. I didn't want to do the whole meeting each other part because it takes to much time and it would be hard to think up reasons why you would all band together, especially since one of the party members part of assassins guild. :v
I would rather just kick things into gear and get the show on the road. It is safe to assume you know each other at least a little bit but you do not necessarily know each others motivations for becoming a adventurer, whatever they may be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »

Oh. I acted like they're meeting each other now >.> I kinda like roleplay >.>

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »

Oh. I acted like they're meeting each other now >.> I kinda like roleplay >.>

I also edited the opening post a bit, haha. Anyway, my mistake I should have said you guys all knew each other at this point in time.

Edit: And scapheap. I will remember you that we will doing things in turns this time. So only one action/post each turn please.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:58 pm »

I'm going to be the Unknown Rival of Caern Ilman

and Zarule that is roleplay, no turn effect.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »

Yeah, we're just talking. If conversations were one phrase at a time it would be incredibly slow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6