Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Sign up/Discussion Thread  (Read 6968 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Adventurer's Path - Sign up/Discussion Thread
« on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »

Game thread is here.

Setting of the RTD
This RTD will happen in a high fantasy setting where you will be playing the role of a adventuring party. The name, motivations and goals of this adventuring party will be up to you and your fellow players but expect to be put into nasty places with nasty people/monsters for the sake of loot, money and glory! Since it's a high fantasy setting expect magic to be quite common as there are powerful entities who give their power to anyone capable of using it and willing to pay the small price. The technology level will be steam-punkish so you can also expect there to be explosives, guns, zeppelins and other strange devices. I will also be mostly keeping to realistic physics unless magic is involved or you make the most amazing roll ever.

The Rules

The Basics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Combat:

Skills and Feats:

Magic:

Traveling and Encounters:

Posting Rules:

Signing Up
One thing I should say is that since my last RTD was cut short very early due to RL issues I will be inviting the people who were part of that one into this one. I will be accepting 6 people this time so should they all accept my invitation there will be one spot left. Should the players of my last RTD not respond or decline my invitation I will simply go down the waiting list to add people. For the  last spot I will accept the first person who posts a properly filled in Character Sheet. If you want to go on the wait list I still want to see a filled in character sheet before I add you to the list so should a person fall out I can add you to the game right away.

Character Sheet:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:54:22 pm by Zarule »

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Sign up/Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »

Character Status
(Turn 36)

Powder Miner

Scapheap

Mesor

Caellath

Dermonster

lawastooshort

Waitlist
Persus13

Wwolin

Tiruin

Death/Inactive
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:50:20 am by Zarule »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:35:46 pm »

Let's see if I can slip into that last spot!
Name: April Eploc
Race: Human
Patron: April isn't particularly devoted towards any patron, but as is natural for a thrill rider like her, she leans towards Ignis a bit.
Looks: April stands at 5'6'', with white skin, fiery red hair in thin braids that run down to her shoulders, green eyes the color of foliage, usually with a manic grin and a wild, excited look in her eyes. She's built with a relatively lithe frame, and she disregards current fashions, usually wearing whatever allows her to run or jump, typically in a pastel yellow.
Background: April is an adrenaline junkie, to put it lightly. She loves to sprint, leap, loves frantic chases, and firing pistols at high speed while barely dodging magic bolts, that sort of thing! She lives for the thrill of adventure. Originally, she came from a rather wealthy, inactive family, but she's pretty much totally disregarded that, trading in a life of posh stagnance for gun training, and to adventure- and she's rather the embarrassing child of the Eploc family, the one they prefer not to talk about- as she's ignored the social customs, and ignored her family's usual path completely, even casting aside her family's typical wealth to live off of adventuring!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:37:55 pm by Powder Miner »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »

Well hello there...

Name:
- Do I even have to say it at this point? Fiiine. Derm.
Race: To the random race generator!

'Male half-Phoenix. He has a feminine build. He appears as an 'humanized' version of his non-human parent, but the result is very disturbing.'

Anthropomorphic fire bird! What was my human parent doing shagging a flaming bird Don't answer that.
Patron: Ignus.
Looks: Usually I do something different but I'll go with the classic green robe and wizard hat this time around. I'll say dark red and charcoal colored feathers.
Background: Derm was kicked out of the Unseen University due to all of his spells going horribly right... somehow. Plus a sort of reckless abandonment due to the whole 'rise from the ashes thing. He is perpetually cheerful but seems to completely fail to take into account some of the consequenses, possibly inhereted from the human who had sex with a phoenix. He wears the robe to hide his phoenixy features, though this is usually an excersize in futility due to the wings. He hates being mistaken for a girl. Any jokes of 'what a bird!' will be met with firey retribution nigh immediantly. He became an adventurer to learn more magic. He wishes he could fly more often. He wants to know who his mother is.

These were answered out of order! Guess the order and you get nothing because I forgot.

>Applying to an RTD
>Decide to use standard green robe
>Race
>Randomizer!
>Half phoenix.
>Red feathers green robe
>GM: oshi-

EDIT: POWDER. POWDER STAHP. POWDER NOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:58:59 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 02:41:36 pm »

Dun worry derm, I doubt all of the previous RTDers will come.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 02:44:56 pm »

So about patrons, we can basically just make or pick anything right?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:50:49 pm »

So about patrons, we can basically just make or pick anything right?

You can only pick from those that I provided. Which basicly boils down to: Fire, Air, Water, Earth and Leftovers Spirit.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 02:57:02 pm »

Name: - Facol Wong
Race: - Human
Patron: - Undine
Looks: - Facol is fairly short and stocky, deeply tanned, and already mostly grey. He's dressed in what seems to be an outfit entirely made of fur, including the hat. He's not doing very well at growing a beard, but he's trying.
Background: - Facol comes from a long line of northern shamans, and he has left the north to come of age as an adventuring shaman. He is, of course, adept at healing and finding the herbs needed to heal when his shamanistic magic is not necessary or will not work, but he prefers to travel in the spirit world and, more than anything else, to transform himself into the great animals of the north and wander the wilderness. His favourite animal is the polar bear for its endurance and its power.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:23:29 pm by lawastooshort »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »

Sent it in a PM.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:03 pm »

Why greetings, good sir.

Caellath, and Skyrunner are currently busy but have expressed their inclination to rejoin on your RTD.

As for me, I've sent it via PM in reply to your letter, courtesy of the Adventurer's Guild, which is somehow connected to the Glassblower's guild for some reason.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »

Name: Lemuel Neigh
Race: Houyhnhnms
Patron: Zephyr
Looks: A bay horse with an irregular star on its forehead, and a fetlock on its back left leg.
Background: Lemuel worked hard at his job of killing Yahoos, but reasoned that if he found some way to kill them faster his job would be done. One day he walked through a portal someone built and fell through to this world. He joined the party to earn lots of money. He doesn't care about ethics, but reason and getting back home. He will tolerate riders if it is reasonable for him to do so. Lemuel does not worship Zephyr because he has no religion but believes it is reasonable to follow Zephyr to gain some power.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:33:20 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:25 pm »

I'm back in as well just working out my character.

Spoiler: My character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:15:04 pm by mesor »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 12:19:17 am »

Name: Aulath Marab
Race: Vampire
Patron: Aethyr
Looks: Aulath stands at 5'7", and his skin is horribly pale, even for a vampire. He has short brown hair, and his blood red eyes glow slightly in the dark.
Background: 495 years ago, Aulath was a healthy young man looking for a bride. His neighbor offered him the hand of his daughter in exchange for seven heads of lettuce, and Aulath tried to bargain this down to six. The two argued back and forth for days, until Aulath gave in and told his neighbor that he would be back with seven heads of lettuce the next day. Returning home, Aulath remembered that he had been bartering because he only owned six heads of lettuce, and he decided to steal the seventh from a local merchant. Aulath visited the merchant that evening, with a plan to slip sleeping powder in the man's drink so that he could steal the lettuce. However, in an unfortunate mishap, Aulath accidentally poured sugar instead of sleeping powder into the drink, and the diabetic merchant died an extremely agonizing death due to a sudden increase in blood sugar. Aulath was found guilty of murder the next day, and was sentenced to be hanged sometime within the week. While waiting in prison for his sentence to be carried out, he often woke up to find a strange prison guard biting his neck. Knowing that such things often happened in prison, Aulath simply pretended to be asleep until the guard left. One night, Aulath was lead outside, and was hanged. However, as he swung by his neck on the noose, he discovered that he didn't actually need to breathe. He hung there for quite some time, before deciding that he might as well take a nap, since he didn't have to worry about being molested by the strange guard. Everyone at the hanging assumed that him shutting his eyes meant that he was dead, and Aulath woke up the next morning in a coffin. He finally put two and two together, and realized that the strange guard must have actually been a vampire, and that he too was now a creature of the night. Although unable to escape his coffin, Aulath was able to survive due to the actions of a local cult. They sacrificed animals over his grave almost daily, and the blood that trickled through the lid of his coffin was just enough to keep him fed. Bored out of his mind, he scraped away the wood from his coffin bit by bit, growing ever closer to the surface. Today is the day that he has finally escaped from his tomb...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:53:03 am »

Why greetings, good sir.

Caellath, and Skyrunner are currently busy but have expressed their inclination to rejoin on your RTD.

As for me, I've sent it via PM in reply to your letter, courtesy of the Adventurer's Guild, which is somehow connected to the Glassblower's guild for some reason.

I have yet to receive a PM from you. Received. And I would love it if Caellath and Skyrunner would be able to join but I will move on at some point and replace them with people from the waitlist should I not receive Character sheets.

Patron: Gaia (Lemuel has no religion except for the defense of reason. Gaia seems like the patron that is most reasonable)

After a look on Wikipedia about Houyhnhnms I would suggest you take Zephyr instead. It fits much better since Zephyr also governs common sense, logic etc. But also movement which makes sense for a.. horse.
Also, I have not get given you gear or skills since I am not sure how a Houyhnhnm would even fight. Could you perhaps explain that for me?

That is a pretty funny character, I can only imagine his sanity after being locked up in a coffin for 500 years.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:10:37 am by Zarule »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:35 am »

Its kinda like that quantum lich that was locked in a room in a mountain for two hundred years who managed to accidentally escape by going mad and making a hyper realistic imaginary adventuring party.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6