Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The World Didn't End on Friday  (Read 2739 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Didn't End on Friday
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 10:01:01 pm »

I'm just glad it's over. Now we'll never have to hear such silliness again... right? ... right?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »

I'll give it till 2014 before we get more "Lulz world end this time for sure!"
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »

You're obviously misinformed. The world did end, and we're all mental constructs within your dream.
Nah, the outside of our realm looks made of glass. We could be the figment of an autistic child's imagination instead.
I might be that Autistic child.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »

Personally, I think it would have been very nice if we'd ascended to a higher plane of existence in a pretty ball of light. I was really looking forward to observing reality from a point of view that included the environment as part of self. Being only a single actor in this world, and with such a limited ability to usefully interact with it, is frankly, a bit inadequate.

Tired of wearing merely this bit of flesh and blood. It's like being confined in the body of a wolf in a wolf pack, knowing about math and books and movies and the internet...and all the other wolves not only have no comprehension, they're angry at you for not getting excited about hunting and eating raw rabbit like they do.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 10:19:00 pm »

I'm just glad it's over. Now we'll never have to hear such silliness again... right? ... right?
May 19th, 2013
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 10:38:14 pm »

I didn't notice.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »

I think a good way to interpret death, or an "awakening" would be very much like being knocked out or asleep and dreaming, for good. If anything, to me, dreaming is the closest thing to death I can imagine, along with a sense of ascension; of course, it's the most painless transition, and you can wake back out of it again. If you're going to die at all (as we were expecting a couple days ago), my best advice to either ascend and painlessly transition, be demolished atomically by a really hot blast of energy akin to anything as powerful as a nuke, or if you can't afford such things, make sure your sensory or central nervous system is disabled or destroyed before dying. Those are at least my suggestions for the least painful ways to go, provided consciousness and sensations start and end at the brain. Anything else would suck otherwise as a transition, due to hurting like hell before spiritual departure, and being a one-way ticket out; even worse if your "flight" gets cancelled at the last minute. In those senses, kinda my reasoning why suicide is always a crappy answer, unless you're doing something heroic, or truly awesome. Make that pain worth it if you somehow survive.

More back to topic:
From time to time, I do enjoy being a creature other than human at times in my dream worlds, and if you will post-mortal existence. Of course, taking the form of an eldritch abomination has it's share of fun as well. In a sense, any form further away from your previous form, the more interesting; then again, that's also more limbs to operate than I think my brain is supposed to from time to time; including vision with compound eyes of various types at various angles, blinking at various times; or taking the form of an atomic structure, or a being that takes on such a form, much like a cherub as described in the Bible as a being with wheels within wheels and such. I think the most fun with taking a non-human form is if you have lucid control over your RSI (residual Self-Image). I think this stuff here belongs better in the Dream Thread.

You know, what if like, the world did end, but it didn't end?
Maybe the human existence as a whole is just some dream that everyone is part of.
All of our brains are linked by some sort of telepathic bond that allows us to interact with one another as if it were real, but it isn't.
Our real bodies are just, laying dormant, waiting for us to leave this universe, and move into the real one.
Dunno where I was going with that.
My siblings and I have talked about this stuff from time to time. It's a pretty interesting angle to come at it from. But what are some theories of shared existences, multiple lives in one, and past lives that can come from any time, from any place, from any 'verse? I mean, for all I know, I've had several past lives that haven't happened yet, if you look at time from a linear perspective; plenty of them, I wasn't human, and I wasn't as much a computer geek as I am today. I could have been a warrior of many cultures, folklore, and so on, and plenty of them not even on Earth itself. Could explain plenty of my other non-human selves I've come across in my dream worlds. Many of them make my eyes hurt to look at, and others, I can't seem to wrap my head around how that would feel like operating (then again, I could have been looking at angels. I mean, really, those things get freaky looking, and utterly massive; like skyscraper to planetary scales, or bigger. All I can say is, thank God they're with us, as far as I know. One common face I see watching over me, however, is my guardian angel Saint Michael the Archangel, and that bastard looks well deserving of his badass rank and descriptions across all biblical canon. You don't want to fuck with that guy; especially when you see his true form, and he's having a rough day (definitely not like the humanoid form we're all familiar with seeing in artworks. Simply put, not many things scare me in life anymore, but I nearly crapped myself when I saw his true form for the first time, out of curiosity in my dream (I asked, and he showed). First off, the human form, and scale is for our convenience; the rest, you can leave to your imagination... also because I forgot most of it. Nonetheless, there's a reason they take on humanoid forms around us most the time, I'll leave it there. Simply put, it's one thing to see such a thing illustrated in games like Bayonetta and series like Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's entirely something else to see it, and attempt to communicate with it, sorta-for-real (since it was in my dream world, after all; so many voices in all different languages at the same time, plenty of them beyond alien; I assume they were all saying the same exact phrase/response in all those languages.). Any other normal or unprepared person would have enough nightmares to run a good several lifetimes, or go into hysterical blindness, after seeing something like that. Makes Cthulhu look like an adorable pet dog or cat.).).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:07:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 11:20:49 pm »

I'll give it till 2014 before we get more "Lulz world end this time for sure!"
There were a hundred times the world was predicted to end in the 20th century, according to a statistic I heard once. I'm not surprised the world's already supposed to end in May.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 07:24:36 am »

I kinda hoped for more dinosaurs. This whole affair was slightly disappointing, if you ask me.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 09:06:16 am »

May 19th, 2013

According to some guy, in year 500,000,000, "the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will drop, making Earth uninhabitable."

I think that will happen way sooner.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 09:16:05 am »

I am predicting the end of the world in nearly 4.5 billions year ! I am the prophet of the end ! Flee, because the end is near !

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 09:27:46 am »

So many bets to have made, so much money to have won—

Well, there is always next apocalypse.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 09:33:15 am »

What if the universe and time had already ended but since without time and universe time and universe cannot blow up and therefore we're kind of going on a loop?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 09:38:40 am »

I could give you a rather accurate date, but I'm kinda procrastinating, so...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:13:29 am by Sergius »
Pages: 1 [2]