Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89346 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

Ah.Nice.

As for the story,let's say I was eating icecream when it happened.
I regret nothing!

Good luck to everyone!Break a leg!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Following my patent pending multi-vote scum hunting technique we should turn our gaze now on Tiruin and Dariush. But first a general comment: we've lynched four of our own so far, which is a pretty lousy track record. I want to be a bit more careful before throwing around any accusations. There are eight of us left. I want everyone's reads on everyone else.

Tiruin - I don't know what game he's playing. If he's mason and completely telling the truth then we're doomed. Vote record suggests scum.
Toaster - Vote record leans scum, crypto-lurks with short posts.
Dariush - Vote record leans scum (or taking into account voting blocks, mason), post record show angry strong scum hunting tendencies.
ZU - Vote record suggests town. Legacy arguments from Ford might be worth considering as he was convinced ZU was scum.
Hapah - active playing but standoffish in votes or applying pressure. Essentially a null read, leaning mason.
Obo - Lurker up for replacement. Voted consistently for DS, initially with good reason then later out of laziness. Could be anything.
DS - used to think was scum due to his irrational witch hunt on Ford. Could be mason, if Tiruin is telling the truth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Following my patent pending multi-vote scum hunting technique we should turn our gaze now on Tiruin and Dariush. But first a general comment: we've lynched four of our own so far...
So you ignore my question to you, then say...Four of our own.

Wat.

Tiruin - I don't know what game he's playing. If he's mason and completely telling the truth then we're doomed. Vote record suggests scum.
Expound NQT. You were my next pick after TZZ, and before that, I had an inkling that TZZ was innocent - didn't see the subtle tell of a newbie town:

I know it resets after the lynch.No need to tell me again.Just not sure who to really vote yet.

As for my position in the game...If you don't believe I am not a mafia you can go ahead and lynch me.You will just worsen your situations.

Tiruin,I have no idea how I "dodged" or ninja-d your questions.

Dariush,thanks again for your wonderful compliments.I do believe I am atleast 65% or more water though and I do think I have some bones,skin,meat and uh I guess random substances such as Ca;P;O and others.Oh by the way Dariush,did you wake up on the wrong side 'o' the pillow today?
                          How do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that?

I don't believe I missed any questions so far so I will call that a post for now.

Also, if you're playing by vote record, how accurate do you think you are there, hmm?

And why do you keep on parroting like a doomsday prophet if OH GODS, MASONS!! WERE DOOMED.

Please NQT, answer my questions :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP:

Regardless of that vote-thing you're talking about.

Care to tell your real reads on everyone? You know, those which aren't based on your supposed vote pattern? Why judge by vote, anyway? Are you using the flip of the person or...?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

To answer your question- I say 'us' as in Team Town. Is that not acceptable parlance? Also I clearly gave both my vote-based read and my post-based read for everyone. I'd like to hear yours. Was there another question I missed? Also, I'm not doom mongering: if you're telling the truth then we've lost, this should be clear to everyone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm unsure where you have your post-based read, can't find it in the recent pages.

Also, yes you missed a question.

Why did you take my claim point blank? I believe it's pretty obvious where it was coming from - but something seems wrong here.

You keep on poking the "we're doomed" topic due to my claim but aren't doing anything for proving it. What else have you to say about it, NQT?

"Vote record suggests..."

How do these suggest anything?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #456 on: February 16, 2013, 09:20:54 am »

Deadline passed.  Final votecount:
Votecount (5 votes to lynch):
Dariush:
Tiruin:
Hapah:
TheZoomZoll: zombie urist, Tiruin, Dariush (3)  <--- Lynched
Deathsword: obolisk0430 (1)
notquitethere: Toaster (1)
zombie urist:
Toaster: notquitethere (1)
obolisk0430:

Not voting: obolisk0430, Hapah, TheZoomZoll (3)

Lynch scene will follow.  I'll set the deadline to a bit more than a week away this time to avoid it creeping later and later into the night.

Seeking replacement for obolisk0430.
You completely forgot my vote, but I guess it didn't matter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

To answer your question- I say 'us' as in Team Town. Is that not acceptable parlance? Also I clearly gave both my vote-based read and my post-based read for everyone. I'd like to hear yours. Was there another question I missed? Also, I'm not doom mongering: if you're telling the truth then we've lost, this should be clear to everyone.

The town has only already lost if everyone gives up and keep saying they already lost.

Also, you love saying my vote on Ford was irrational. How so? Quotes, evidence, examples. You are not going to convince anyone without those.

Stop hiding behind Ford's actions, cases and lynches and do something yourself.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Tiruin

First thing, my non-vote-based reads are alongside my vote reads. I've highlighted them in green for your convenience:

Following my patent pending multi-vote scum hunting technique we should turn our gaze now on Tiruin and Dariush. But first a general comment: we've lynched four of our own so far, which is a pretty lousy track record. I want to be a bit more careful before throwing around any accusations. There are eight of us left. I want everyone's reads on everyone else.

Dariush - Vote record leans scum (or taking into account voting blocks, mason), post record show angry strong scum hunting tendencies.
ZU - Vote record suggests town. Legacy arguments from Ford might be worth considering as he was convinced ZU was scum.
Hapah - active playing but standoffish in votes or applying pressure. Essentially a null read, leaning mason.
Obo - Lurker up for replacement. Voted consistently for DS, initially with good reason then later out of laziness. Could be anything.
DS - used to think was scum due to his irrational witch hunt on Ford. Could be mason, if Tiruin is telling the truth.

So, for the third time, can you give me your reads please?

Why did you take my claim point blank? I believe it's pretty obvious where it was coming from - but something seems wrong here.
I'm not taking your claim at face value, I'm just saying hypothetically if you're telling the truth, it was a very bad move for you to make (which I'll explain for everyone below).

Ugh, do I really have to explain this point every time I post? OK one last time and I hope everyone is reading this because I'm not going to repeat myself.

1. Scum have an interest in lynching team town (i.e. masons and townies, hereafter referred to as 'the good guys')
2. Scum know who the good guys are.

From the lynch vote record we can see who has tried to lynch confirmed good guys. While most lynchers will be innocent, we can spot a pattern in the voting.

3. Only scum have an interest in consistently lynching good guys and the ability to know who is good to lynch
4. Consistently lynching good folk looks suspicious
5. Voting patterns show who looks suspicious

This method got it's first small confirmation with ZZ's lynch. Before I had voted for him, but then I went and had a look at the vote records and they showed that there were much more likely targets than ZZ and so I changed my vote. Low and behold, ZZ was town, as predicted.

I don't what crypto-psychological method you use for hunting scum but I've presented a concrete way to show suspicious activity.

If you don't agree with this method, then tell me how do you hunt scum then? Because all I'm seeing you do is hunting town.

DS
Also, you love saying my vote on Ford was irrational. How so? Quotes, evidence, examples. You are not going to convince anyone without those.
That's a fair point I guess. Well, I had a look back and here we have some evidence:

On that note, I'm a mason. 8)
You're town, aren't you, Captain Ford?
Still makes no sense why he'd joke around as a Townie.
Yeah, I can see you still don't get it.
Quote from: Google
fa·ce·tious
Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
I didn't choose that word arbitrarily to describe it. It was deliberately and blatantly inappropriate. But I was also making a point when I said.

It was not "just a joke". It was not a serious claim, but I was making a serious point.
Here you claim your "I am a mason" wasn't a joke. Which you repeated quite a bit. Instead you claim you were making a serious point. Tell me, what point would that be.
Here you grill Ford over his (false) mason-claim. His serious point, that Tiruin is proving right now, is that a mason-claim is a null-tell. He made this pretty clear.

I won't judge you overly for questioning Ford's motivations at the time, you weren't to know he was town. Maybe jumping on him wasn't so much irrational, but over-zealous. Ford was just an honest townie trying to defend what he saw as a ridiculous attack on someone who he read as a fellow townie. That was all back on page ten so I think we can all probably move on from there. I'm sorry for calling your vote irrational, I should have said 'misplaced' or 'wrongfooted'.

Stop hiding behind Ford's actions, cases and lynches and do something yourself.
This is unfair: I've been the most active scumhunter out of everyone here by providing a logical basis for choosing targets. How do you think we should be hunting scum? Because however you've been doing it so far has been pretty lousy.

The danger for team town if Tiruin is telling the truth

By popular demand, here is a logically sound argument proving that if Tiruin is telling the truth then the good guys have lost:

Either we day-lynch masons, scum or townies. If Tiruin is telling the truth and people vote accordingly, we don't have the numbers to day-lynch masons, so we'll either try to lynch scum or townies. If we try to lynch scum, they will try to assassinate all the masons and if Tiruin is telling the truth, they will succeed. If they succeed, then it's a 3:2 town/scum game where scum decide ties: in this scenario, town are bound to lose. If we day-lynch town, then only masons will survive, and scum will kill the surviving masons. No matter who we try to lynch, if Tiruin is telling the truth and scum rely on this fact, then team town has lost.

Is that clearer now? I hope for all town's sake you're lying, Tiruin.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

I think Dariush is a scum. He's been focusing on the noobs pretty much the entire time. Also his vote on TZZ had bad reasons.

Tiruin: What is your read on Hapah and DS?
Hapah: What is you read on Tiruin and DS?
DS: What is your read on Hapah and Tiruin?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For purposes of brevity, this post is dedicated to NQT.

The danger for team town if Tiruin is telling the truth

By popular demand, here is a logically sound argument proving that if Tiruin is telling the truth then the good guys have lost:

Either we day-lynch masons, scum or townies. If Tiruin is telling the truth and people vote accordingly, we don't have the numbers to day-lynch masons, so we'll either try to lynch scum or townies. If we try to lynch scum, they will try to assassinate all the masons and if Tiruin is telling the truth, they will succeed. If they succeed, then it's a 3:2 town/scum game where scum decide ties: in this scenario, town are bound to lose. If we day-lynch town, then only masons will survive, and scum will kill the surviving masons. No matter who we try to lynch, if Tiruin is telling the truth and scum rely on this fact, then team town has lost.

Is that clearer now? I hope for all town's sake you're lying, Tiruin.

For purposes of brevity, I'll be focusing on this part. NQT, it seems you've either little faith in the town - without a powerrole to catch scum - or are putting in the idea that scum can easily trick town into lynching innocents. The latter insinuates that either you're scum, and are being honest in warning that your buddy is a really competent player, or...you're actually confused on who is scum and who is not, meaning you're sincerely worried that the remaining scum are one of the vets. The experienced ones.

Now, look at the chocolate colored part (yes it is literally coded as 'chocolate' :P), I want to know exactly why you're poking at perfect success in that matter.

If they succeed, then it's a 3:2 town/scum game where scum decide ties: in this scenario, town are bound to lose. If we day-lynch town, then only masons will survive, and scum will kill the surviving masons. No matter who we try to lynch, if Tiruin is telling the truth and scum rely on this fact, then team town has lost.
Sentences one and two were rational, fluid in thinking. Then we head to sentence 3.

So tell me, how confirmed are you over your reads that those people are scum (ie no vote)

Dariush - Vote record leans scum (or taking into account voting blocks, mason), post record show angry strong scum hunting tendencies. Not a mason.
Hapah - active playing but standoffish in votes or applying pressure. Essentially a null read, leaning mason. Not a mason.
Obo - Lurker up for replacement. Voted consistently for DS, initially with good reason then later out of laziness. Could be anything. Darn'it someone replace him already!
Given that, what are your reads now that the people are cleared from being a mason?

Next, your earlier assumption.

I'm not taking your claim at face value, I'm just saying hypothetically if you're telling the truth, it was a very bad move for you to make (which I'll explain for everyone below).

Ugh, do I really have to explain this point every time I post? OK one last time and I hope everyone is reading this because I'm not going to repeat myself.

1. Scum have an interest in lynching team town (i.e. masons and townies, hereafter referred to as 'the good guys')
2. Scum know who the good guys are.

Firstly, on your two postulates above on scum:
1 > is obvious.
2 > does not know whether their target is town or mason - this does clarify you going after votes, of course, as the lynch is a 'safer alternative'.

Now let me debunk that because your other ideas came across as...faulty.
From the lynch vote record we can see who has tried to lynch confirmed good guys. While most lynchers will be innocent, we can spot a pattern in the voting.

3. Only scum have an interest in consistently lynching good guys and the ability to know who is good to lynch
4. Consistently lynching good folk looks suspicious
5. Voting patterns show who looks suspicious

This method got it's first small confirmation with ZZ's lynch. Before I had voted for him, but then I went and had a look at the vote records and they showed that there were much more likely targets than ZZ and so I changed my vote. Low and behold, ZZ was town, as predicted.

[...]

If you don't agree with this method, then tell me how do you hunt scum then? Because all I'm seeing you do is hunting town.
"Confirmed good guys".

This screams as you subtly being scum for me. Reason is, it seems you're acting this in a way that relates to the flip, but you're stating it as if their flip confirms those who voted them to be scummier. Its like you know they're town, and have no other way of persuading the rest other than relying on vote patterns. I agree with #3 & 5 - #4 is up to debate wherein being suspicious lies with the essence of the lyncher's posts.

Let me clarify this first. Leafsnail, you messed up the vote count :/ NQT was voting for Dariush and not Toaster. Here.

So now you say that there are more likely targets of being scum instead of "TZZ" looks town, right? Also, since you put in the idea 'if I was lying', why do you hesitate to give in that situation? If I was lying, what would be the most reasonable scenario then, for you?

Yeah, this goes with the above statements. Your last sentence really rings on my scum-dar. It can go both ways: You're going at that idea from after the roleflip, or you're insinuating that those people are town. I was going after them before I knew their alignment.

Yes, I do agree that TZZ's lynch was wrong (and also that he's using a translator...) but I've only seen the mistake - not by the flip - but what I missed in his post (I linked it in my post above) as I was more confused on him but thought he was scum instead due to his...antics.

It's not nice to respond to other's posts with pictures, IMO. Those can carry a thousand more connotations than words. This is for you TZZ.

I didn't say I don't agree with that method (or if I did, then perhaps I should've explained more, it was related to how you presented it), but what I'm saying is that while you do put a presentable case (I'm no psychologist despite taking the subjects, so apologies if I come across as...err, condescending?) I see points in your case that make you look scum.

Though, you haven't gone for the easy lynch (sifting thru 30 pages of the normal forum format >.>), nor have you tried to go and undermine a person just for lynching him. But for your explanations, they seem sincere and pretty much reasonable, despite my intuition feeling...off with them, but not in the way that says scum despite what I've written earlier [confusion and the "what is he going on with" feeling - I don't know the term for this]. Mostly, when this happens, I'm wrong and my intuition is right. I just hope this time that's right, so damned be I if you're scum. Unvote

Reads coming up in the next post.

Oh, and I hunt scum via the process of looking into their posts. While the vote pattern seems to be (or is, to others) a valid scumhunting tool, I've never relied on it much. Just applying pressure to those I feel are scum, then going on that tangent.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

ZU: I don't need reads on either of them.

I'm going to continue being very one-note and vote Toaster. Though apparently no-one sees what I see?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Toaster's vote record suggests possible scum, as I'd argued before, and we haven't heard very much from that shiny kitchen appliance of late. What do you specifically see, Hapah?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Most of it was laid out in this post, though the first point might have less weight (I'd like to get away from meta stuff all the same).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

I think Dariush is a scum. He's been focusing on the noobs pretty much the entire time.
How many times do I have to repeat this? I vote whomever I consider scum. If they are merely scummy noobs pulling off scummy shit, too bad for them. If you (yes, specifically you, ZU) have any problem with my cases, mention them when I am voting on them and not as an offhand 'lol his cases are bad ima vote him' after not addressing me like a single time during the entire game.
Also his vote on TZZ had bad reasons.
Same here. If you thought my reasons were bad, why are you mentioning it only after TZZ got lynched? Afraid to defend someone who hasn't flipped town, ZU?
Tiruin: What is your read on Hapah and DS?
Hapah: What is you read on Tiruin and DS?
DS: What is your read on Hapah and Tiruin?
And you finish off with a series of the laziest-ass questions possible. Yeah, you're pretty much lazy scum. So why am I not voting you?

Because all this talk about Toaster brought me back to his list of 'who could hammer Ford'. Out of four people listed there, only DS and NQT remain. While I am definitely suspicious of NQT, with every passing post he begins to press less on my 'scum' and more on my 'town newbie who is trying really hard and kinda failing' sensors. DS, on the other hand, has been doing a whole load of nothing ever since... uh, I don't know. I go back and back through the thread looking at his posts and find answering questions, weakly pushing NQT and speculation and nothing more.

PPE:
Toaster's vote record suggests possible scum, as I'd argued before, and we haven't heard very much from that shiny kitchen appliance of late. What do you specifically see, Hapah?
Welp, guess I was too fast in saying you're pushing the town pedals. Explain this bandwagon and referring to the vote record, which has been thoroughly proven to be a load of bullshit, NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40