Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89403 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I left the wrong bit of text in from the previous votecount.  The day ends in something like 20 hours.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Oh, okay. Thought I was goin' nuts, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I left the wrong bit of text in from the previous votecount.  The day ends in something like 20 hours.
... :/

Post coming later btw if I forgot to mention it.

along with Toaster, neither of you have voted yet.

Okay, let me fix that.

Notquitethere.

As far as Tiruin's claim, I'm going to sit and wait on that one.  I think I get the point behind it, but I want to see what shakes out from his claim before I comment further.
Is this connected to your earlier posts regarding NQT or just for voting purposes?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Its hard to not feel that the whole point of claiming mason was to induce WIFOM.

Also, I revise my read on ZoomZoll. He's probably an epicmafia player. :P
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

NQT:
Hapah
NQT: Toaster has a point, you both did more or less policy lynch Tolyk D1. D2 is a different beast, though. And I'd watch reading too much into the D1 votes: since both parties that were on the chopping block ended up being town, scum really could have placed their vote anywhere D1.
Yeah, you've got a good point. Hence why I specifically argued after D1 that there wasn't much that could be read at the time. However, the combination of D1 and D2 votes is telling, I think. Sure, scum could have voted wherever on either day. But, if we accept that it's plausible that scum had an incentive to bandwagon both days, then from the shortlist of people that lynched on both days, we've got a list of people that are more likely to be scum than other players.
But scum don't have a real incentive to get on a bandwagon, unless one of their own is in danger, do they?  I know as scum I try to stay off wagons if I can help it.

(And Toaster has another point. You could stand to be a bit more direct in your accusations. Unless you actually are scum, in which case carry on I guess, lol)

I honestly thought I had been voting Toaster this entire time, and I'll put it there for now. I think we might be better served just lynching Obol, though. Since there's no night it isn't so big a deal, is it?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I revise my read on ZoomZoll. He's probably an epicmafia player. :P
What is this I don't even [get what you're coming at :O]

So...epicmafia player translates to...?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Its hard to not feel that the whole point of claiming mason was to induce WIFOM.
Actually, its pretty easy to figure it out. Kill one, or lynch one = conclude the rest. Depends on how much you can trust the claimant, and whoever her/his supposed masonbuddies are :P

But yeah, could you explain how that is WIFOM? Good WIFOM or bad - from a town perspective (and please no WIFOM IS ALWAYS BAD, I'm after the reasoning, yours, to be exact.)

NQT:
Hapah
NQT: Toaster has a point, you both did more or less policy lynch Tolyk D1. D2 is a different beast, though. And I'd watch reading too much into the D1 votes: since both parties that were on the chopping block ended up being town, scum really could have placed their vote anywhere D1.
Yeah, you've got a good point. Hence why I specifically argued after D1 that there wasn't much that could be read at the time. However, the combination of D1 and D2 votes is telling, I think. Sure, scum could have voted wherever on either day. But, if we accept that it's plausible that scum had an incentive to bandwagon both days, then from the shortlist of people that lynched on both days, we've got a list of people that are more likely to be scum than other players.
But scum don't have a real incentive to get on a bandwagon, unless one of their own is in danger, do they?  I know as scum I try to stay off wagons if I can help it.

(And Toaster has another point. You could stand to be a bit more direct in your accusations. Unless you actually are scum, in which case carry on I guess, lol)

I honestly thought I had been voting Toaster this entire time, and I'll put it there for now. I think we might be better served just lynching Obol, though. Since there's no night it isn't so big a deal, is it?
@Bolded portion: Its a case-to-case basis, bandwagons happen to either forward a wincon, or to generate suspicion...or what you just said.

Though, you voted Toaster because...?

I think we might be better served just lynching Obol, though. Since there's no night it isn't so big a deal, is it?
If that's the case, Obol just is a dead log in this lake of quarrels we're in. He can't do anything - and...

Quote from: Had to check his profile
Local Time:
    February 15, 2013, 05:01:00 am
Last Active:
    February 08, 2013, 09:47:36 pm
=/

Err, Mod: Can you force a replacement in for obol? :/

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #441 on: February 15, 2013, 06:37:07 am »

snip
Oh NQT! Knee-jerky OMGUSes aren't going to bring us any further than the pointless mass-FoSes would. The 'SCUM BEHIND EVERY LYNCH' alarmist crap is not the best lead we've got. It's not a lead at all. It's merely an excuse made by you to explain you having put absolutely no effort into scumhunting whatsoever.

Seeking replacement for obolisk0430.
Tiruin, art thou blind?

Well, now that my vote isn't doing any good on obolisk, I guess it's time to shift it to a certain somebody who is a living explanation as to why newbies shouldn't be allowed into 'big' games not only because they may not know the rules, but because they may lack basic mental capacity and be made of shit to such an extent as to be considered a certain subtype of a shit golem that is made of shit. I am talking, of course, about TZZ.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile

I know it resets after the lynch.No need to tell me again.Just not sure who to really vote yet.

As for my position in the game...If you don't believe I am not a mafia you can go ahead and lynch me.You will just worsen your situations.

Tiruin,I have no idea how I "dodged" or ninja-d your questions.

Dariush,thanks again for your wonderful compliments.I do believe I am atleast 65% or more water though and I do think I have some bones,skin,meat and uh I guess random substances such as Ca;P;O and others.Oh by the way Dariush,did you wake up on the wrong side 'o' the pillow today?
                          How do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that?

I don't believe I missed any questions so far so I will call that a post for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know it resets after the lynch.No need to tell me again.Just not sure who to really vote yet.

As for my position in the game...If you don't believe I am not a mafia you can go ahead and lynch me.You will just worsen your situations.

Tiruin,I have no idea how I "dodged" or ninja-d your questions.

Dariush,thanks again for your wonderful compliments.I do believe I am atleast 65% or more water though and I do think I have some bones,skin,meat and uh I guess random substances such as Ca;P;O and others.Oh by the way Dariush,did you wake up on the wrong side 'o' the pillow today?
                          How do you kiss your mother with a mouth like that?

I don't believe I missed any questions so far so I will call that a post for now.

what are your reads on everyone? Also, what are you doing to forward your wincondition?
Here.

I mean, dude. Really. You should play in a BM, highly recommended.

If  you can't get the above, let me simplify.

What is your take on everyone else? Do you see them as town, or as scum, or as a mason - and why, preferably in a list of names.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

PFP

Tiruin:  Yes, it's based on his post where he first tried to draw up his baseless "you voted town so you are scum" attack.  It's never been valid and isn't valid here.

I didn't vote him at first because I wanted to see if he'd back off it or dig himself deeper.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Toaster, please try to understand that I'm not saying 'you voted town so you must be scum'. I haven't said that and I won't say that. All I'm saying is scum have an interest in lynching townies so we should be looking critically at the lynch votes. I'm not saying that you're definitely scum or Dariush is definitely scum. I'm just saying you're both worth prodding. Your OMGUS isn't really helping things.

Hapah, you make a good point- scum indeed have an incentive to avoid being seen as bandwagoning. Also, policy lynching lurkers (like obo) is something I argued for before but the others weren't buying it. It is telling though that we've yet to have a proper majority lynch in this game, and I think that's playing into scum hands.

Tiruin, I get what you're saying about the wine in front of you, but what if the scum manipulate you into lynching townies and then take out the masons with impunity? It's a bold move but I think you might have lost us the game.

-pfp-

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Tiruin, I get what you're saying about the wine in front of you, but what if the scum manipulate you into lynching townies and then take out the masons with impunity? It's a bold move but I think you might have lost us the game.

You complain about WIFOM, then do WIFOM yourself, in a single sentence no less.

Also, scum do have an intrest in lynching town. But that does not mean they are lynching town. It is completely possible for the town/masons to lynch another town while the scum merely watch that happen.

Lynching lurkers to have a majority lynch is not a good thing, since the scum can use that to more easily drive a lynch on town. One usually lynches a lurker because their inactivity is bad for the game, and lurking often encourages lurking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah there buddy, who is this us?

What if scum manipulate me into lynching townies? Seems like you're buying my claim at face value there. But the thing is, it all depends on how either side manipulates either side, eh? What if, I lied and those I named are actually town, hmm?

I believe this needs a bit of answering too.

I get what you're saying about the wine in front of you, but what if the scum manipulate you into lynching townies and then take out the masons with impunity?
I want to know what you get me saying about it. And I want to know why you try to insert the 'what if' instead of poking at what is already present, please.

Lynching lurkers to have a majority lynch is not a good thing, since the scum can use that to more easily drive a lynch on town. One usually lynches a lurker because their inactivity is bad for the game, and lurking often encourages lurking.
*Tiruin loves [GM] for his ability to uphold activity through requesting replacements.

Sad thing is, obolisk isn't lurking but...err, held up by RL, I guess. (That, or he decided to quit as scum but that would be speaking ill of him >.>)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #448 on: February 15, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »

Deadline passed.  Final votecount:
Votecount (5 votes to lynch):
Dariush:
Tiruin:
Hapah:
TheZoomZoll: zombie urist, Tiruin, Dariush (3)  <--- Lynched
Deathsword: obolisk0430 (1)
notquitethere: Toaster (1)
zombie urist:
Toaster: notquitethere (1)
obolisk0430:

Not voting: obolisk0430, Hapah, TheZoomZoll (3)

Lynch scene will follow.  I'll set the deadline to a bit more than a week away this time to avoid it creeping later and later into the night.

Seeking replacement for obolisk0430.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (8/13) - MORE REPLACEMENTS MORE
« Reply #449 on: February 15, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »

"Unintentional" Drone Strike Raises Questions on Police Security
February 16th, 2030
A man has been rushed to hospital following an attack on his home from a light weapons drone.  He received gunshot wounds but his condition is believed to be stable.

While police have confirmed that one of their drones was used in the attack they denied that it was authorized.  While the official theory involves a rogue drone commander there is widespread speculation that the attack was actually a result of hackers breaking in to police computers.

The man, known as "TheZoomZoll" online, was being investigated for hacking offenses.  Police sources state that there is strong evidence to suggest that he is a "townie" in the group Pseudonym, but that charges against him will have to wait until after the internal review over the circumstances of the attack on his house.

TheZoomZoll has been lynched.

He was a townie.

Deadline is at 1pm GMT on February 23rd (note that the forum time will be used to determine if votes are before or after a deadline, but this is certainly correct to within an hour):
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130223T13&p0=136&msg=Day+4+deadline

With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40