Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89231 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Three (9/13) - No escape
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2013, 08:28:03 am »

I think if this set up is played again, I'd recommend a much shorter deadline (like, 3 or 4 days) before the hammer comes in.

Sad to see you go Tiruin.

Unvote.

Everyone else: is there soundness to my argument about who is most likely scum? I'll put my vote where my mouth is and switch to DS.

Hapah, basically I think it's the most unequivocal information we've got all game. It would be very strange indeed if the scum weren't trying to lynch the town team during the day.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:48 am »

NQT: You claim you made it abundantly clear that Ford was town. If you did so, why did 4 people vote him, when there are only 2 scum players?

By praising another player mid-game, you are buddying, especially since that player flipped town.

How is that list unequivocal? What guarantee do you have that the scum voted Ford at all? Unless you are scum, there is no way to know.

Obolisk still has to provide solid evidence as to why I am scum.

Leafsnail: I apologize for getting worked up by ZZT's taunts. I shall attempt to remain calm for the rest of the game.
FYI: I am a Starcraft player
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:41 am »

I'm not saying only scum voted for Ford, only that scum probably voted for Ford. There's at least 50/50 chance you're not scum, but it's the best lead we've got at the moment. I'm not impressed with Obo's lack of argumentation.

Look, you're behaving reasonably enough now. Unvote.

Toaster, how do you feel about contributing to the lynches of two innocent players?

Dariush, I expected somethe acerbic from you by now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:20 am »

Look, you're behaving reasonably enough now. Unvote.
You do know unvotes go in red, right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:23 am »

I do know that. The one time I don't bother to preview before posting...

In case it's ambiguous: Unvote.

Vote for Toaster.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:09 am »

obolisk has not posted in a while.

Whats up with him?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2013, 12:21:19 pm »

NQT:
Toaster, how do you feel about contributing to the lynches of two innocent players?

I feel like I had valid cases against them and that my actions were justified.  How about you?  You were voting TolyK D1 right alongside me.

Were there any other outstanding questions to me?  I don't think I missed anything, other than to tell Hapah that I'm interested in NQT's response here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »

PFP

I feel like I had valid cases against them and that my actions were justified.
Did you?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »

In the sense that I had no better leads, yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:59 pm »

NQT: Toaster has a point, you both did more or less policy lynch Tolyk D1. D2 is a different beast, though. And I'd watch reading too much into the D1 votes: since both parties that were on the chopping block ended up being town, scum really could have placed their vote anywhere D1.

Toaster: What is your read on Deathsword?

If we lynch all the lurkers now we can pretty much kill everyone in the damn thread. Activity is terrible. Is everyone just crazy busy? Do you not like the game setup? What's the issue, people?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »

Hapah:  My gut read on Deathsword is scummy, but I'm not sure why.  I think the cases he's pushing are somewhere between flimsy and phony.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »

School and hell. Find 0 differences.

Dariush, I expected somethe acerbic from you by now.
And expected you to be a hilariously scummy scumass. You largely succeeded, in case you care. What's your point?

Vote Analysis
Spoiler: Snip (click to show/hide)
These are the common denominators:

- Dariush
- Deathsword
- Tiruin
- Toaster

This is unbelievably stupid. Not only because you completely disregard the possibility that your scumbuddy obolisk scum may be lurking their asses off (which is, oh, the only reason lurkers are lynched) or the fact that you hold to the widely disproven theory that scum must necessarily be behind each and every town lynch there is and behind 90% of scum lynches, but also because you quite niftily strike yourself from the 'common denominator' list despite fitting there exactly as much as four people you've FoSed for no reason whatsoever.

An admirable effort to imitate activity, but mass-FoSing isn't exactly as useful neither to town nor to scum as you imagine it to be.

Do you have a problem with them?
Yep, I do. FoSing RVS targets in the middle of the fucking game because I really cannot stress this enough quite unambiguosly shows that you don't really care about who gets lynched and your only concern is imitating activity so you don't get lynched for lurking.
Is there a rule called "You can not vote anybody acting suspicious if you don't write a page of text to prove it"
Yep, it's the fifth commandment: "Thou shalt not bandwagon with flimsy excuses."
Or a rule called "You will not vote anybody at all and keep the Mafia game going for ages because its HARDCORE"
wat

Also, derailing attempts with stupid forced memes is definitely not appreciated here.

Mod, requesting forced replacement for lurkalisk.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »

Is there a rule called "You can not vote anybody acting suspicious if you don't write a page of text to prove it"
Yep, it's the fifth commandment: "Thou shalt not bandwagon with flimsy excuses."
Or a rule called "You will not vote anybody at all and keep the Mafia game going for ages because its HARDCORE"
wat
Also, derailing attempts with stupid forced memes is definitely not appreciated here.

getting worked up by TZZ's taunts.
Getting worked up already?Oh man,at this rate we will need over 25 replacements!

I don't think so.

Dariush I see you don't like points of view and seek to kill anybody using them.How cute and strange at the same time!
            You don't seem to like these so called "lurkers" also.Man,I do wonder if its hard to be the 1%....
            Mind explaining again why you voted Ford?Oh and could you please tell me your favorite flavor of icecream and maybe stop using the "scum" word 30 times in your posts in weird combinations?Some foreign people may be using translators you know.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:38 pm »

are you trying to be antagonistic? pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2013, 01:00:45 am »

C'mon. Plaaaaay.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40