Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89284 times)

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (11/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2013, 05:32:24 pm »

While I would generally feel both DS and NQT are essentially cleared, I am reading both of them as scum. Because we greatly outnumber scum, I think we could go for an information lynch to double-check.

NQT

If one/both of them are town, PoTL and obo or ford are next likely scum.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2013, 08:24:57 pm »

While I would generally feel both DS and NQT are essentially cleared, I am reading both of them as scum.
Huh? Why?

Obolisk: Who do you think is scummiest after DS?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31:37 pm »

While I would generally feel both DS and NQT are essentially cleared, I am reading both of them as scum.
That... that doesn't even make sense. How can we be essentially cleared if we still read as scum? You seem awfully eager to mislynch, Edosurist.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Actually full, rolling setup
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »

Sorry, but I'm going to have to request replacement, last week was one giant clusterf*** and my workload looks like it's going to be too heavy for me to play mafia again this semester.  I really should have done this earlier, but I was too stressed out to trust myself type anything coherently, so apologies for that.

@Phantom
Reasons:
Why the OMGUS?
From my experience, scum never OMGUS if they can help it. They've been taught not to do that, so I usually see it as a reckless-town tell.
This is also, from my experience, a tell scum try to push because it's a widely known tell, and it's easy to catch someone doing. Scum have a hard time making legit cases, so they appear to make a case while doing as little actual scumhunting as possible.
But this might not be site meta :|

So basically your entire case was based upon a meta that you aren't even sure is applicable and a gut feeling?  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Foolproof case right there, your logic and pile of full-proof evidence are undeniable, you saw straight through me. Totes scum right here, you can tell it from the the way I'm totally building cases on the flimsiest of facts.  Also by the way I'm lynching the guy who I just said is cleared of being scum, oh wait, that's you that's doing that.

Let's see you hang Edoscummist.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01:03 am »

I owe this game a post, but there's no way I can give it the time it needs tonight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (12/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2013, 06:42:24 pm »

Votecount (6 votes to lynch):
Dariush:
Tiruin:
Phantom of The Library:
Captain Ford: Dariush, Deathsword (2)
TolyK:
Edosurist: Phantom of the Library (1)
Deathsword: notquitethere, obolisk0430 (2)
notquitethere: zombie urist, Toaster, Edosurist (3)
zombie urist:
Toaster:
obolisk0430: Tiruin

Not voting: Captain Ford, TolyK (2)

Deadline in 4 days.

Phantom of the Library has requested replacement.

A whole bunch of prods will be sent.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:39 pm »

Tiruin:
Could you give your general reads on people? Which means your personal reads, please.

Sure. However, I'm going to be excluding information that could help scum find masons.

ZU: Posting from his phone a lot.
NQT: Townie or mason. A bumbling newbie.
Toaster: Has been nice to me. I think it's genuine, and I don't think it's game-related, but it's worth noting that it's there.
Dariush: Is being belligerent. Not unusual for Dariush. No read.
Deathsword: Believes in his argument and defends it strongly. His paranoia is strange, but I don't think he's pushing a bad case on purpose.
Tiruin: Active and hunting is always a good sign. I'm giving Tiruin a wide berth because I don't want to end up in another quote war that goes nowhere.
Edosurist: Leaning slightly town.
Obolisk: Leaning rather scummy. Mostly lurkitude and him pushing a bandwagon vote to lynch DS without doing any original scumhunting.
Phantom of the Library: Slightly scummy. He's called for a replacement now, but I'm still bothered by some of his actions.
Tolyk: This game's lurkmeister. Deserves some strong pressure.

Also, a head's up. I'm going to busy the rest of today and the entire weekend. I won't be available again until monday, probably.
Get well soon!
Err ... I said I was busy, not sick. ???

Dariush: At this point, it's obvious to me that we simply disagree. I'm not going to be able to convince you to change your mind, and you aren't going to be able to convince me to change mine, either.

I'll make one more try:
There is no positive to town reason to claim mason.

You are wrong.

Townies in this game have a power equivalent to vigilantes, with the notable exception that their kill never hits allies. They just have to trick scum into triggering it.

If a claim results in the death of a mafia member, then regardless of what that claim was or who made it, it was beneficial to the town.

Edosurist: What would we gain by lynching NQT that would make lynching a townie worthwhile? What specifically would make it more valuable than mislynching someone else?

Phantom: I realize you're requesting replacement, but could you fully explain your case against Edosurist? And maybe address this, which expands on his OMGUS statement and you appear to have missed.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (11/13) - One replacement needed
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2013, 09:20:55 pm »

Very big if. pfp

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:36 am »

Tiruin:
Could you give your general reads on people? Which means your personal reads, please.

Sure. However, I'm going to be excluding information that could help scum find masons.
Ok...

"excluding information that could help scum find masons."

How does that relate in giving reads on people, hmm? Its pretty obvious you aren't a mason by your earlier posts preceding this, including what you just gave right there - fear of helping scum finding masons. Captain Ford, what could you give, other than your opinion, that would help scum anyway?

Who do you think are masons, and who do you think are scum?

Next, "I'm giving Tiruin a wide berth because I don't want to end up in another quote war that goes nowhere." > I'm assuming you're judging this by the BM.

That makes no sense [see: metatell]. You fear something may happen because of what you perceive happened before? Hah. Very funny. This seems sincere by how you appear to judge people, but this is a mistake you're doing that is apparent. By what you say, this is either confusion of wording, or obfuscation of written words made by me.

So based on your reads...Where is the follow up on those you say needs pressure, or for those who have a neutral read? You use blue in signalling who you suspect, why not red?

Is there something keeping you from putting a vote?

Edosurist: What would we gain by lynching NQT that would make lynching a townie worthwhile? What specifically would make it more valuable than mislynching someone else?

Phantom: I realize you're requesting replacement, but could you fully explain your case against Edosurist? And maybe address this, which expands on his OMGUS statement and you appear to have missed.
How is Phantom suspicious because of that? And that note on Edos, you're relating him specifically to a townie, or am I misreading what you mean there?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

TolyK: Get in here. You're doing...Nothing. Only noticed you're playing when Ford mentioned you - that is a bad thing to speak of your activity, by the way.

Obolisk:
NQT makes a joke/sarcastic quip in return to you saying he and DS are scumbuddies.  DS accuses him of buddying him with this statement, which is absolutely, demonstrably, wrong.  He then continues to hammer and hammer with a statement that is simply false.  That smells like scum to me.  Keep in mind, as well, scum have to get a myslynch on OVER HALF of the town, because they cant use their mafia-kill on them.
...With what statement?
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?[...]
It goes either way: DS could be using sarcasm because he knows what NQT was stating. Either NQT was being honest, or stating that he feels/knows DS is town by what he sees in him.

Also, you know that DS is falsely town, or falsely scum? I am confused by your statement there {see: bolded part}. Can you explain your reasoning from DS's words? From NQTs?

NQT didn't continue that joke, which rings me as suspicious. NQT: What were you hoping to state with that statement there?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2013, 01:31:00 am »

Man I don't even know anymore. Unvote.

Reread pending.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2013, 01:34:22 am »

Tiruin
Quote from: n-cutie
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?[...]
NQT didn't continue that joke, which rings me as suspicious. NQT: What were you hoping to state with that statement there?
With the scumbuddy quip or with a different statement? Could you be more specific? I guess I was trying to show that I wasn't really too concerned with the accusations at hand.

Dariush
Your attempts at being reactively passive-agressive are hilarious. Yes, I am also so agressive. Now, pray tell me: was your FoS solely caused by my remark, with which you immediatly agree, or was it something else which your scummy ass didn't deign to quote?
No, I was just putting some pressure on to see whether you really were always this aggressive. Apparently you are. Essentially a null-tell.

Unvote

Phantom's Inevitable Replacement and TolyK

Could you both answer my questions from page 13?

Everyone

TolyK hasn't posted in ages. Lurking is bad for everyone in the game. I suggest policy-lynch unless a replacement is found soon. What do people think?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:20 am »

I guess I was trying to show that I wasn't really too concerned with the accusations at hand.
This makes me lol.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2013, 02:25:06 am »

I guess I was trying to show that I wasn't really too concerned with the accusations at hand.
This makes me lol.

Wait, is being cool as a cucumber a scumtell?

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2013, 02:37:59 am »

I see the DS and NQT situation in two ways. We know Nerjin, Norris, and DS were all voting NQT.
To me, it either means they're both cleared because scum just wouldn't feel right doing something like that, or they're both scum because they did it for the lulz.
I guess a third option might be that one is maf, but not the other, but I don't think so.

For me, the purpose of a NQT or DS lynch would be an information lynch: Is the other clear?
We're at such an advantage that we could almost PoE it out until we lynch both scum.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:05 am »

Mod, Tolyk posted in roughly all the threads on the forum except for this one. Prod, forced replacement or a modkill would all be nice.

Ford:
If a claim results in the death of a mafia member, then regardless of what that claim was or who made it, it was beneficial to the town.
Claiming mason is a null-tell, as you've previously said. Quite surprisingly (coming from you), it is true. No scum would be fooled by this because they don't know who's town and who's mason, but masons would be immediatly suspicious because they know you're lying (if you're lying).

Also, what Tiruin said about the stupidity of the whole 'helping scum' thing. You've got to have some seriously inflated opinion of yourself if you think you can sway some scum's opinion about who is mason and who is not merely by giving your reads on people.

Edos:
I see the DS and NQT situation in two ways. We know Nerjin, Norris, and DS were all voting NQT.
To me, it either means they're both cleared because scum just wouldn't feel right doing something like that, or they're both scum because they did it for the lulz.
I guess a third option might be that one is maf, but not the other, but I don't think so.

For me, the purpose of a NQT or DS lynch would be an information lynch: Is the other clear?
This is unbelievably stupid. DS's and NQT's alignment are in no ways connected. It is entirely possible (and quite likely) that three scum were voting the same townie (in fact, it's more likely than what you said about lulz). It is entirely possible that a town DS unknowingly joined in on the two-person bus. The only thing 'information lynching' would accomplish is getting rid of someone who might entirely be town for no reason and getting no information in the process.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40