Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!  (Read 24158 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:29 am »

I'd be pretty happy to have a bay12 guild... long as like we don't all start backstabbing each other and dragging massive amounts of random people in.  Cause that tends to happen on these bay12 guild things xd
Nom nom nom

joshrmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 17, 2012, 06:14:27 am »

I think you guys will appreciate all the dwarf content we're working on.  We will be unveiling a lot of it near Christmas time.  It will be awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2012, 06:35:22 am »

How exactly does the 1.5K reward work? Do the individual pledgers, sans the founder, forfeit their other rewards?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2012, 06:45:28 am »

Must say this looks interesting. Signed up for the beta.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »

How exactly does the 1.5K reward work? Do the individual pledgers, sans the founder, forfeit their other rewards?

No. We've implemented the guild reward so that groups of people can pool together to make a donation. Perhaps it's poorly worded.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »

Sweet.

I guess I'll go PM the other guys and ask them for the amount they pledged. Lessee if we can get 1.4k together.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

Sweet.

I guess I'll go PM the other guys and ask them for the amount they pledged. Lessee if we can get 1.4k together.

That would be awesome! Also, we have a lot of organizations forming up on the forums - maybe you can expand your guild? :)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »

I was just wondering, will all the races/monsters be in the game on beta opening? If so do you plan on adding more monsters/races into the game later on to increase diversity?    Personally I'd really like to see a large selection after awhile just to open up more interesting dynamics, like multi-racial humanoid monster towns with orcs, goblins, dark elves, ogres, naga, and more all taking up solace within the walls to protect against perhapes the 'good-guy humans'.  Also ow much are you planning on expanding the 'sub-race' idea?  Would humans get perhaps even multiple subraces like wild-men with bonus to combat but detriments to any higher magic or crafting, maybe some type of corrupted human that would maybe get along better with some evil races but generally would be outed from normal human civs for thier increased skill in the 'illegal' skills?
Nom nom nom

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2012, 04:57:40 pm »

Ah crud, I just sent off the PM before adding the majority of the PMees Dx

If any of the couple peeps I PMed could send it back to me so I wouldn't have to write it all over, I'd be much obliged.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »

I'm planning on pledging 25$ in a day or two darvi, so you can add that to your list.  Also I may be kinda in two factions atm, gonna be in the assassins one hopefully unless we get the bay12 one running.
Nom nom nom

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »

Oh hey, Last Page to the rescue!

Will do, by the by.

Oh, but I'll need your KS name.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:08:25 pm by Darvi »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »

KS?
Oh kick starter.
It'll probably be kilakan, I don't have an account yet
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2012, 05:26:38 pm »

I could rant about how terrible your idea is Darvi, that seems to get a lot of supporters >_<

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2012, 05:56:29 pm »

Its appearance must fall within the 'theme' of the game.

I’ve seen this both on the $100 and $1,000 pledge level.  Given you’re doing a fantasy MMORPG with magic, what level of technology are you stopping at?  You’ve mentioned traps and piracy on your Kickstarter page so will you be including gunpowder and cannons or stopping short of those items?  Is there anything your team is ruling out?

On the custom race pledge, what system do you have in place for race balancing?  Certain races and creatures come with natural abilities, like spiders with webbing and scorpions with venomous stingers.  Will natural abilities be balanced out with decreased stats or limits on items/magic?  You’ve also mentioned a tiered system for race unlocks on your site but I forgot where.  As new races are added will they be worked into that tiered system? 

Will your magic system also include spells with charm/mind control elements that one could use to affect a player’s hirelings or allied/neutral creatures?  Turning an enemy’s invested influence against them with magic would be an interesting way of countering influence pooling, potentially turning outmatched battles into more manageable skirmishes.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2012, 06:43:52 pm »

Well, after watching this thread for the last seven days I've backed it for $25. Mostly just ptw, so excited for this.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26