Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Income of every US neighborhood is (an interactive map). What's your 'hood like?  (Read 1971 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

"Inner-city" Cary is still just light yellow. I'm a bit surprised at how broad of an area it is, though. The interesting bit is the semi-rural areas around the town, which are all dark green. Rich people moved out of town the last 10-15 years and either bought farmhouses to convert them into estates, or live in McMansion subdivisions. The "downtown" of the town is a lot of young folks and Hispanic immigrants.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

magic_gambit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Anyone got any good stories from their place?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

My neighborhood could host mitt Romney, but I'm not surprised about that, I'm probably the poorest person here.

magic_gambit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My neighborhood could host mitt Romney, but I'm not surprised about that, I'm probably the poorest person here.
Is that a lot of money?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Hm. $40,000 zone.

It's probably only that high because of all the crazy rich people living in massive houses up here. :/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Most of my county is green excepting the downtown area of the city (red) and a few of the surrounding areas (yellow). My area is a darker green, and the northeast shore of the city bucks the trend of the areas surrounding the city, being green as well.

According to the statewide middle class range, the median of my county is above middle class, and my section of it even higher.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:25:24 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

magic_gambit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Most of my county is green excepting the downtown area of the city (red) and a few of the surrounding areas (yellow). My area is a darker green, and the northeast shore of the city bucks the trend of the areas surrounding the city, being green as well.

According to the statewide middle class range, the median of my county is above middle class, and my section of it even higher.
Same thign with most other cities

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

I'd love to see this, but being RG colorblind makes these maps about as useful as a solid gray one.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Haha, I live in a poor area... across the street from a rich one. Like, my street is literally the dividing line.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

I'd love to see this, but being RG colorblind makes these maps about as useful as a solid gray one.
IIRC, RG colourblindness is also sex-linked, so men are more likely to develop it than women.

Unless you are a bird. In birds males have 2 X chromosomes, and females have an X and a Y chromosome.

I meant that from my POV, since I am RG colorblind. These maps are basically just pretty pictures to me because some of the shades of red and green look the same, but represent opposite ends of the chart.

Which is to say I would appreciate a grayscale one (black to white) or alternate color scheme from whoever made this.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I wonder if such a thing exists for Australia. I would love to see what Lightning Ridge looks like, an area where you are either dirt broke or dirty rich.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Hah, the neighborhood I live in now is pretty much on the above-average end, which isn't surprising.  But the side of Dallas I used to live in?

Check out the islands of superwealth next to extreme poverty.  In that "Kessler Park" area, you could stand on the lawn of a million dollar home and see the projects poking over the trees down the street.  Could, until they were torn down about five years ago.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:54:37 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 [2]