Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Galactica: A Space Simulation  (Read 4739 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Galactica: A Space Simulation
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »

Race:Cr'tak
Empire size: Small
Description: The Cr'tak are a insectoid/reptiloid race. They're a bit larger than humans, move on six legs and posses a "strong" exoskeleton. They also posses 2 manipulative appendages, and are egg layers. They live in a traditionall hive society, though there's no real hivemind. Each Cr'tak has it's own will, though no real sense of self, meaning that it will gladly sacrifice itself for the greater good. With an average lifetime of 150 years, and a rather fast reproduction, their only limit on population size is the environement they life in. Their home planet, as well as their three colonies all orbit the same brown star, leading to temperatures far below freezing above ground. The Cr'tak, being a cold blooded species, have evolved and live in hives build on geothermal hotspots, though recently their technology has allowed them to colonize the rest of their planet.

Spoiler: Home system (click to show/hide)

Military Technology:
     - Annihilation warhead: Large and slow missile based on the annihilation reactor. Has an enormous amount of firepower, but is easy to disable. Originally developped to intercept asteroids.
     - Particle weaponry: Cr'tok primary weapon system consists out of a large particle arcelerator capable of firing a variety of particles, varying from a small cutting beam to an ion cloud that jams missiles and electronical systems.
     - Laser detection system: Long range high accuracy, high maintenance detection system: This system works by bouncing lasers between various ships, or planets to detect gravitational disturbances, or just detect something flying in between the lasers. It requires large amounts of processing power to function, but easily allows them to detect far our objects. (And pinpoint their location exactly) Accuracy increases tremendously the closer the object gets, but identifications based on a grav signal is hard. For now, the only functioning system is HomeSat system, which utilizes large amounts of sattelites and ground based computing systems
     - Magnetical Ion particle shield. Uses a large amount of power to shield the ship in a cloud of charged elementary particles. This obscures the ship, and shields it from missiles(jams targetting and detonation) as well as lasers (diffuses them) but is worthless against other weaponry. Also gives of lots of electromagnetical radiation, making it very easy to notice and target the ship
     - Anihillation point defense laser: Kinda what it says    (Feel free to scrap these)

Ground troops:
     -Completely sealed vehicles. These are actually converted space vehicles. You could say that this just atmo capability for fighters up to Frigates.

Civilian technology:
     -Neutron beam annihilation reactors: (These are large and powerfull reactors, utilizing a strong particle beam created by specialized nuclear power reactors to completely fission away nuclear material. This reaction is very productive, though produces a large amount of heat and radiation, making the facility large and complicated)
     -Cryo: The fact that the Cr'tak are naturally cold blooded makes the process of freezing in and defrosting them much easier. Sadly, this cryo is not 100%, the people frozen are still living, though they age at 1/10 the normal speed.
     -Sealed mass habitats: The Cr'tak live mostly in completely sealed of multi million underground facilities, powered by geothermal and nuclear power.

Spoiler: The fleet (click to show/hide)

I should have fixed everything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:39:19 am by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:17 pm »

.....repair dock? I didn't notice that before. Hmm, I did mention that those particle beams are 2-tech slot items due to having multifuction, right?(which means you are over on military tech by my count; either ditch something or have those as straight beam weapons and no ion cloud).
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

no, energy weapons don't generally need ammunition, but they also don't generally fire exotic ammo(which you can research; basic systems start with firing hunks of iron). You CAN research more powerful and exotic beam weapons, though
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:47 pm »

.....repair dock? I didn't notice that before. Hmm, I did mention that those particle beams are 2-tech slot items due to having multifuction, right?(which means you are over on military tech by my count; either ditch something or have those as straight beam weapons and no ion cloud).
They were there as the engine replacements. I'll just scratch them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 03:48:24 pm »

Alright. Changed my research a bit, and yes I want big hulking infantry weapons out of those rail guns. The Kalmor would much rather teleport aboard, dominate the opposing crew face to face, and claim enemy ships for themselves.

I'll work on my fleet in a bit.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »

Wouldn't an EM shield block transmission?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 03:58:40 pm »

...I'll rule yes; You'd need to batter down an EM shield before teleporting in or risk scrambling your guys into component atoms(though armor of this sort only gives a partial chance to block). Anything that DOESN'T specifically scramble electromagnetic weaponry and lasers doesn't block teleporting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 04:03:16 pm »

Of course, the asomin use quantum entanglement communication, which wouldn't be blocked by the shields. Yay synergy!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »

10ebbor, I did say that small empires only have 100 ship points to start with, correct? Lose the battleship and you're golden(you can always build one ingame). Aslo, did everyone remember the adjustments empires get to capacity? Smaller empires are more advanced and get 1 more system slot on a ship than normal, large empires get 1 less due to being less advanced and having bulkier weaponry(this can be researched!).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »

10ebbor, I did say that small empires only have 100 ship points to start with, correct? Lose the battleship and you're golden(you can always build one ingame). Aslo, did everyone remember the adjustments empires get to capacity? Smaller empires are more advanced and get 1 more system slot on a ship than normal, large empires get 1 less due to being less advanced and having bulkier weaponry(this can be researched!).
Must have misread that. Scratching the battleship. (Also Adding the capacity adjustment). It strikes me as a bit odd though, as it's a constat bonus/dropoff rather than a linear one.(Which would be 10 or 20% extre/less points)

Also, does it count for fighters too. (Which would mean that large empire fighterts would be unarmed.)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »

I wanted a linear one, but wasn't sure how that'd work. And no, fighters have 1 weapon total. Hmmmmm....If I say that larger empires get 10% less weapons, and smaller empires would get 10% more(minimum 1 in both cases), would you guys keep track?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 04:40:35 pm »

If you lay out what the basic weapon pack for each kind of ship is then it'd be simple enough.
Round up or down?

PMed you the basic idea for the custom ship I wanna make.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 04:48:20 pm »

Spoiler: Size classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weaponry (click to show/hide)

Just one last question, do I have to install the laser detection system on my ships to get the benefit, or can I follow my original plan. ((Can be placed on ships(lot's of space, multiple ships required) or can also be placed on planets. It always aids all ships it has connection to.))

Oh and the ships should be finished, provided that fighters always have 1 weapon point regardless of nation. If not the case, just double their armaments.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:51:43 pm by 10ebbor10 »

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:06 pm »

I'd like a spot if their is any space left in space.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »

page 3 tryrar said something about a waitlist
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7