Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: End of the world plans?  (Read 10823 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: End of the world plans?
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »

Huh. In that case, try to summon various eldritch creatures to get them to fend off the apocalypse or die with us.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »

Go to wherever midnight is farthest from, the keep going that direction untill I end up at where the first kaboom happened. The fi-fi should have deaded down.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:33 am »

There's still so much significance...

It happens on a Friday. And it's the 13th B'ak'tun. And it happens 8 days after the 13th of the month. And it happens only 11 days short of the 13th year of the 20th centuary, and Mayans operate in base 20.

How can you nay-sayers really say Nay with all of that  proof?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:06 am »

By making up our own numerology. Somethingsomethignsomething 7! Therefore Jesus.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 01:26:08 am »

By destroying the world BEFORE December 21st.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 01:59:53 am »

7 days before the 21st, no doubt. You guys are clever...

Poor Mayans, so sure in their numerology, confident in their ability to reach the 13th B'ak'tun, when suddenly Jesus....
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:46 am »

The likelyhood that the world will end on December 21st is less than one-ten-thousandth of a percent. That is because they found an older calendar that goes beyond the one that these Doomsday prophecies are based on.

Now stop your fear-mongering like that pussy John Cusack and don't worry about the end of the world until it happens. There's no point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

How disappointing. We're all going to die anyway, but it would be more festive to die at the same time.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 07:53:14 am »

The best possible occurrence would be for the world to go shadow-run on us. Completely, come on i don't even like Tolkien (burn :P) revival.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 08:13:45 am »

Being that we've never observed a pole shift, saying we're overdue and that the core fluctuations are in line with it aren't exactly totally legitimate evidence. They may be real signs, and they may not be. We just don't know.
Isn't there a possibility that a weakening of the magnetic field could lead to sudden electronic death syndrome?
No, not really. Coronal mass ejections have thus far not proven large enough to destroy electronics on Earth, and we don't know that the field will weaken during the switch either. It's conjecture. The field may maintain its current strength, get stronger, or be stronger and weaker in different areas due to their being several poles. However, even if the field were to fail completely, the interaction between the solar wind and the ionosphere creates a magnetic field independent of the polar field.
A storm similair to the Carignton event of 1859 would be strong enough to do destroy a lot of the Earth's electronics.  I believe there was an estimation of 60% of all transformators and related infrastructure failing, meaning 6 months to 2 year until power is back online, and more than ten years of economic recovery.

Still, these things only happen every 500 years, and the Carignton event was a direct hit. The effects were spectacular though. Auroras over the Carribean, rocky mountains experiencing luminocity comparable with daylight, complete failure of telegraph systems in Europe and North America (Read: spontanous electrocutions, paper catching on fire and sparks everywhere). Even funnier was that certain telegraph systems managed to stay operationall, even after the powersource was removed.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 08:20:00 am »

The best possible occurrence would be for the world to go shadow-run on us. Completely, come on i don't even like Tolkien (burn :P) revival.
UGE should have already began, but it didn't.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:28 am »

The most important questioon here is:

When will the world end NEXT?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 03:07:01 pm »

When the jews finally get all of Israel?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:55 pm »

Oh god. Oh go! There are only 10 days left to unfold my plans. Gotta hit the mark, can't be late for the greatest firework I'll ever make.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:40 pm »

I'm thinking about WORLD DOMINIATION

If I can achieve it in a week, I'll have some days to rule the world like in my wildest dreams. My first step as your benevolent dictator will be a... CHEESE PARTY! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! (this brings back memories)

If I fail and die, no worries, I was gonna die anyway. If I manage to do it, nobody will challenge me anyway since world is going to end soon. Even if some superhero shows up, we all know that superheroes must spend some time training with their Cynical Mentor and overcoming lesser Big Bad Wannabees and Mooks to finally kill the Big Bad (what's me, wink wink) in a climax. So I should be fairly safe.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2012, 02:42:53 pm »

It's less than a week left till New B'ak'tun's Eve, guys.
I think we should celebrate - we won't see another New B'ak'tun's Eve for about 394 years.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:44:27 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14