Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: End of the world plans?  (Read 10807 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: End of the world plans?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:02 pm »

Eh, universe will die one day anyhow. Not that I believe universe is gonna die in our generation but if it happens in our generation, we must be a fucking unlucky generation to witness it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »

Being that we've never observed a pole shift, saying we're overdue and that the core fluctuations are in line with it aren't exactly totally legitimate evidence. They may be real signs, and they may not be. We just don't know.
Isn't there a possibility that a weakening of the magnetic field could lead to sudden electronic death syndrome?
No, not really. Coronal mass ejections have thus far not proven large enough to destroy electronics on Earth, and we don't know that the field will weaken during the switch either. It's conjecture. The field may maintain its current strength, get stronger, or be stronger and weaker in different areas due to their being several poles. However, even if the field were to fail completely, the interaction between the solar wind and the ionosphere creates a magnetic field independent of the polar field.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 06:38:11 pm »

Eh, universe will die one day anyhow. Not that I believe universe is gonna die in our generation but if it happens in our generation, we must be a fucking unlucky generation to witness it.
I dunno about that. I mean, imagine witnessing what causes the universe to get destroyed. Scary at first, but I would also imagine it would be pretty fucking amazing as well. Especially if it doesn't involve an (Im/Ex)plosion at a universal scale.

Plus, provided the afterlife exists, that'll be one hell of a story to tell to your relatives and whatnot when you cross over through the pearly gates.

"Guys, you wouldn't believe how I got here." or at least, consider this the VIP way of going into Heaven/Hell.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:39:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »

Browsing the internet to look at the hilarity.
+1
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 07:07:32 pm »

I dunno about that. I mean, imagine witnessing what causes the universe to get destroyed. Scary at first, but I would also imagine it would be pretty fucking amazing as well. Especially if it doesn't involve an (Im/Ex)plosion at a universal scale.

Plus, provided the afterlife exists, that'll be one hell of a story to tell to your relatives and whatnot when you cross over through the pearly gates.

"Guys, you wouldn't believe how I got here." or at least, consider this the VIP way of going into Heaven/Hell.

Oh, I never looked at it that way. We will become the elites of afterlife. We can push around earlier civilizations because we are the last ones to die after all. I'm gonna have fun with annoying Mayans with my jokes about Mayan calendars. I also have questions for Egyptian architects. I KNOW THEY WERE HIDING ALIEN TECHNOLOGY

The downside is, that pearly gates stuff is gonna lose it's magic because of all the dead people. I mean, imagine how crowded will it be at the border. I'm not letting a customs officer search my ethereal car (or whatever they'll give us there) even if it's an angel and I don't know if I'll have my passports and all that stuff with me when I die. I might make a run for the Heaven's border if it seems like they are going to send me to Hell.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:08 pm »

Eh, universe will die one day anyhow.
suspected to be in about 60 billion years, I was told.

I'll go google it now.

Oh no! And me so young.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:32 pm »

Oh, I never looked at it that way. We will become the elites of afterlife. We can push around earlier civilizations because we are the last ones to die after all. I'm gonna have fun with annoying Mayans with my jokes about Mayan calendars. I also have questions for Egyptian architects. I KNOW THEY WERE HIDING ALIEN TECHNOLOGY

The downside is, that pearly gates stuff is gonna lose it's magic because of all the dead people. I mean, imagine how crowded will it be at the border. I'm not letting a customs officer search my ethereal car (or whatever they'll give us there) even if it's an angel and I don't know if I'll have my passports and all that stuff with me when I die. I might make a run for the Heaven's border if it seems like they are going to send me to Hell.
Considering the potential of reincarnation, I doubt it would be too crowded (considering moving in and out of life and death at regular intervals; and/or time is less meaningful in the afterlife). And even if it were to be crowded, the best method of compression for a (near-)infinite amount of people is to turn their souls into particle matter. Seeing as a spirit/soul would have no form (like a ball of light, let's say, or even a shadow), turning people/spirits into photons, or light and shadow, would probably be the most efficient way of packing infinitely many people within an infinite space. Just don't call for a massive group hug, or else we might accidentally our universe... again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:15:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »

It'll probably involve much interneting and computer gaming, because nothing is going to happen. Perhaps I'll get drunk, but that's unlikely.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 08:06:39 pm »

I'll just sit in my room and play Skyrim.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »

Considering the potential of reincarnation, I doubt it would be too crowded (considering moving in and out of life and death at regular intervals; and/or time is less meaningful in the afterlife). And even if it were to be crowded, the best method of compression for a (near-)infinite amount of people is to turn their souls into particle matter. Seeing as a spirit/soul would have no form (like a ball of light, let's say, or even a shadow), turning people/spirits into photons, or light and shadow, would probably be the most efficient way of packing infinitely many people within an infinite space. Just don't call for a massive group hug, or else we might accidentally our universe... again.
That sounds just awesome enough to be true.

I guess that means no ethereal cars and bikes. Eh, I can still dream.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:19 pm »

On December 21, I will put myself into a tire, and roll my self down a hill.
All the while trying to shoot a target hanging from a tree with a handgun.
I'll let you know how that works.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »

lost an eye to a stray twig.

Use goggles.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »

What I do depends on HOW exactly the world ends.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

I'm assuming every time zone will just instantly explode at a rate of one per hour as it hits midnight in each of them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 11:09:09 pm »

Ah yes, the Camping Method Apocalypse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14