Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Wacky Death Races 3: Turn 2  (Read 12972 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Races 3 (Starting next month)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »

Name contestant: Rick Jumper
   -Reason for joining: One of his friend dare him. The money may of be a factor as well
   -Biography: Leaving the Army left Rick with little to do so he modify his tank a little and enter it in a few races then modify it some more, repeat until he ended up with a tank to enter in the Wacky Death Races.
-Name Vehicle: Goliath
    -Description: A land crawler (picture but lot smaller and the hull look like a tiger tank hull). Uses a fusion engine.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:00:06 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 05:08:11 pm »

Let's drive.

Driver Name: Alexander Kyrby
Reason: He wants to prove he's the best driver around.
Biography: Alexander has always been a skilled driver. He took several road races in his career, including the 24h De La Mans, but to finish his career and cement his place in history, he needs to win the Wacky Death Race.
Vehicle name: The Rally Tank
Description: Imagine a red seven-seat family estate car. Now imagine most of the seats removed. Now imagine a V8 supercharged under the hood. Then imagine someone randomly sticking a tank cannon on top and the armour on the sides. That's the Rally Tank.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:11:00 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:30 pm »

Name:  Toaster
Reason for joining:  An attempt to prove himself for the third time
Biography:  Toaster was a contestant in the previous race that was won by the Sky Lord.  He faded into obscurity for a while before returning to the racing scene just in time for the next race.

At least, that's what he tells everyone.  In reality, he participated in the race time forgot.

Going on a alcohol and drug filled binge after his loss, he designed a craft that, quite simply, defied all logic and physics- the Paradox.  It slipped through reality like a fish might swim through a current.  During the race, one of his creations created a tear in reality that, to all appearances, acted a shortcut.  Indeed, the first couple of laps in which it was used, there were no issues.

Then Toaster fired the so-called Grandfather Cannon inside the rift, and there was a Rip.

The universe is equipped to handle most paradoxical events caused when humanity tampers with the space-time continuum.  But he took it one step too far, trying to recursively modify reality, and something broke down.

Toaster has no idea what really happened, but his best guess is that the timeline he was in was simply excised from reality.  He completely refuses to say what happened in the interim, except to say he was spat back out into this timeline, about two months before the race started- just enough time to get ready again.  Those who knew him before swear he has aged several years more than he should have.

In any case, his experiences have changed him.  His madness has taken on new forms, and he has become obsessed with cats, claiming they are the only ones that understand the intricacies of inter-dimensional travel.  Cats seem attracted to him now, so his claim may have some credence.  He has regained focus, but has sworn off tampering with reality, and will readily advise anyone that they should do the same.  Since nobody believes him, it's not hard for them to agree.

His vehicle represents his newest obsession- cats.  But not just any cats- funny cats.  One might even say... LOLcats.  That's probably why his vehicle appears to be a giant hovering cat.

Vehicle Description:  The Hovercat:  A hovering ship shaped like a hovering tabby cat.  Crewed in the head, engines and cargo in the belly, and god knows what weapons and utilities hidden inside.

I was tempted to just do the Paradox again, but where's the creativity in that?  Even though the Chewbacca Defense was incredible.  I'm sure the mod won't mind if the Trousers of Time don't return.

"SpaceTime continuum intergrety can not be ensured."

You know it's a good special when that line is included.  With that, the Grandfather Cannon, and the Chewbacca Defense, what are the odds I manage to erase the whole race from reality?

Also, called it.

PS:  I wasn't kidding!  Except I won't do the picture thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:52 am »

Oh, thank you for reserving those who are restrained by timezone Ebbor! :))

Spoiler: Tyrin Ferric (click to show/hide)

Here I'm wondering where Dariush is... :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:23:26 am by Tiruin »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:58 am »

Hey guys guess what

Bump
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:10 am »

Here I'm wondering where Dariush is... :P

Thanks for reminding me. I said I was going to PM him when I picked these back up.

*Runs of to send about a dozen Pm's.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 10:05:26 am »

Nah, I think I'll pass. Too random and simultaneously too standardized. Too many things are pure flavor. There's no way to focus on a single component and all vehicles are going to be more or less identical, just with different degrees of luck on rolls. Basically, only weapons retain some level of customization, which is still worse than I prefer due to the whole 'points' system. Which are gained by random rolls. Meh. Not what I'd call good game design. Instead of freedom of choice inherent to forum games we get Spore: The Race. Your vehicle looks different and that's it. :-/

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

Name contestant: Jabber
   -Reason for joining: Jab just wants to let his inner demon loose!
   -Biography: Born in 1977, Jab is your average, middle-aged man with a decent job and a boring family. He grew up watching local truck derbies, where people sould soup up old vehicles, stick 'em in a ring and go wild.As such, he still has a love for that, and wishes to continue it in his own way!
-Name Vehicle: Blind Dreamer
    -Description: A simple truck. Hey, I don't know anything above vehicles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:52 am »

I'm still writing my character sheet...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 11:22:47 am »

I'm out. Won't have the time quite soon.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 01:33:01 pm »

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
   -Reason for joining: Money, fame, prove his family name wrong!
   -Biography: Connor was present when the Sky Lord won that race. His creation hadn't really accomplished as much as he had hoped. But... well... he was also in the race with that crazy dude with the most randomly terrifying thing ever seen. Connor accidentally followed Toaster in the rift of space/time/stuff. Connor didn't keep up.
Suffice to say, he was brought to this timeline way in advance of Toaster. It's mostly similar, so Connor, in the end, didn't mind. Though he found his version of himself had died the day before trying to fix the engine's massive turbine. Lovely clean up job that.
Still fond of his Armadillo concept, he was flabberghasted to see the Goliath. Feeling like it'd look like he was copying it, Connor has gone to the drawing board, and decided to do the riskiest option.
They shall fear the power of his gunboat!
-Name Vehicle: ... He'll come up with a name when I do.
    -Description: Connor took a boat's hull from somewhere (scrapyard), armoured it to hell and added nice big guns and some technical gadgets. This is far more sophisticated than the Armadillo, but maybe a little less adventurous. Still goes by the ideal of letting nothing stop it's unstoppable, if a little slower than the others, advance. Ofcourse, this is definately going to require crew...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 03:45:39 pm »

Nikolai Degyatrev
   -Nikolai got drunk. Way too drunk. Somehow, he woke up inside the racing pit of a would-be contestant of the Wacky Death Races, and snapped his neck for talking too loud during his hangover. He would have just went back to sleep, but he kinda looked like the racer and now he's been dragged into participating.

Red October
    -Nikolai imagines a classic "compensating-for-something" submarine design with monster tires. It's probably better armed than some current submarines on the planet.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

Name contestant: Charles Barkelo
   -Reason for joining: Money! Charles is the stereotypical greedy guy you see in every Western movie, and he definitely looks the part. He heard that there was a large cash prize involved, and while he is a bit old-fashioned, he believes he's the only one here fit to win. 
   -Biography: Charles lived a delusional life. He always thought it was the late 1700s to the 1800s. He would always wear an open, brown, tattered trench coat and cowboy hat, and was delighted whenever thee was just enough wind for him to stand there and look badass. He was born into a poor family, but one his delusions set in, he saved up enough money to buy a horse and he began robbing banks. On his first run, he ended up stealing a cop's gun, so he used that as his main weapon for the majority of his heists. The police department though he was high the first two times, but after he successfully robbed the first national bank, they realized it was serious. They found him one day, standing in the middle of a street looking badass, and they chased after him. He leaped on his horse and rode. And rode. And rode. He came across a large billboard advertising the race.
And the prize money. He was instantly hooked, and rode all the way to [REDACTED] just to participate.
-Name Vehicle: Charlene.
    -Description: A large train cab-like vehicle. It's completely steam and coal-powered, but has an electrical motor just in case. It has a luxurious seating area, a Fuel station, and a seat at the front to steer. Despite LOOKING like a train, is steers and stops on a dime.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 01:47:20 pm »

Turn 0

Not much description yet from my side. So the point know is that you "build" your ship piece by piece. For the first turn we're starting of with the form (Air, water, land) which effects which negative effects and which shortcuts your weapon can take, as well as some other things. Ship's that can switch between the two are a possibility. Second is the engine, which just dictates how fast your ship goes and last is a favour, or something else. This a special item, effect, that varies in strength. You can use the latter die to roll for pretty much whatever you want actually.

More importantly is the fact that I'm adjusting the rules a bit. Namely, you can have a module take a penalty to it's maximum hit point in order to get a bonus to the die roll. You get a +1 bonus for every 2 hp sacrificed, and this bonus can be reversed too. Damage levels are scaled up and down. This one can be applied retroactively.

The other rule is that you can take a -1 to one roll in exchange for a +1 for another. This does NOT stack. This one can not be applied retroactively.

Players:

Name contestant: Rick Jumper
   -Reason for joining: One of his friend dare him. The money may of be a factor as well
   -Biography: Leaving the Army left Rick with little to do so he modify his tank a little and enter it in a few races then modify it some more, repeat until he ended up with a tank to enter in the Wacky Death Races.
-Name Vehicle: Goliath
    -Description: A land crawler (picture but lot smaller and the hull look like a tiger tank hull). Uses a fusion engine.

Let's drive.

Driver Name: Alexander Kyrby
Reason: He wants to prove he's the best driver around.
Biography: Alexander has always been a skilled driver. He took several road races in his career, including the 24h De La Mans, but to finish his career and cement his place in history, he needs to win the Wacky Death Race.
Vehicle name: The Rally Tank
Description: Imagine a red seven-seat family estate car. Now imagine most of the seats removed. Now imagine a V8 supercharged under the hood. Then imagine someone randomly sticking a tank cannon on top and the armour on the sides. That's the Rally Tank.

Name:  Toaster
Reason for joining:  An attempt to prove himself for the third time
Biography:  Toaster was a contestant in the previous race that was won by the Sky Lord.  He faded into obscurity for a while before returning to the racing scene just in time for the next race.

At least, that's what he tells everyone.  In reality, he participated in the race time forgot.

Going on a alcohol and drug filled binge after his loss, he designed a craft that, quite simply, defied all logic and physics- the Paradox.  It slipped through reality like a fish might swim through a current.  During the race, one of his creations created a tear in reality that, to all appearances, acted a shortcut.  Indeed, the first couple of laps in which it was used, there were no issues.

Then Toaster fired the so-called Grandfather Cannon inside the rift, and there was a Rip.

The universe is equipped to handle most paradoxical events caused when humanity tampers with the space-time continuum.  But he took it one step too far, trying to recursively modify reality, and something broke down.

Toaster has no idea what really happened, but his best guess is that the timeline he was in was simply excised from reality.  He completely refuses to say what happened in the interim, except to say he was spat back out into this timeline, about two months before the race started- just enough time to get ready again.  Those who knew him before swear he has aged several years more than he should have.

In any case, his experiences have changed him.  His madness has taken on new forms, and he has become obsessed with cats, claiming they are the only ones that understand the intricacies of inter-dimensional travel.  Cats seem attracted to him now, so his claim may have some credence.  He has regained focus, but has sworn off tampering with reality, and will readily advise anyone that they should do the same.  Since nobody believes him, it's not hard for them to agree.

His vehicle represents his newest obsession- cats.  But not just any cats- funny cats.  One might even say... LOLcats.  That's probably why his vehicle appears to be a giant hovering cat.

Vehicle Description:  The Hovercat:  A hovering ship shaped like a hovering tabby cat.  Crewed in the head, engines and cargo in the belly, and god knows what weapons and utilities hidden inside.

Oh, thank you for reserving those who are restrained by timezone Ebbor! :))

Spoiler: Tyrin Ferric (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Jabber
   -Reason for joining: Jab just wants to let his inner demon loose!
   -Biography: Born in 1977, Jab is your average, middle-aged man with a decent job and a boring family. He grew up watching local truck derbies, where people sould soup up old vehicles, stick 'em in a ring and go wild.As such, he still has a love for that, and wishes to continue it in his own way!
-Name Vehicle: Blind Dreamer
    -Description: A simple truck. Hey, I don't know anything above vehicles.

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
   -Reason for joining: Money, fame, prove his family name wrong!
   -Biography: Connor was present when the Sky Lord won that race. His creation hadn't really accomplished as much as he had hoped. But... well... he was also in the race with that crazy dude with the most randomly terrifying thing ever seen. Connor accidentally followed Toaster in the rift of space/time/stuff. Connor didn't keep up.
Suffice to say, he was brought to this timeline way in advance of Toaster. It's mostly similar, so Connor, in the end, didn't mind. Though he found his version of himself had died the day before trying to fix the engine's massive turbine. Lovely clean up job that.
Still fond of his Armadillo concept, he was flabberghasted to see the Goliath. Feeling like it'd look like he was copying it, Connor has gone to the drawing board, and decided to do the riskiest option.
They shall fear the power of his gunboat!
-Name Vehicle: ... He'll come up with a name when I do.
    -Description: Connor took a boat's hull from somewhere (scrapyard), armoured it to hell and added nice big guns and some technical gadgets. This is far more sophisticated than the Armadillo, but maybe a little less adventurous. Still goes by the ideal of letting nothing stop it's unstoppable, if a little slower than the others, advance. Ofcourse, this is definately going to require crew...

Nikolai Degyatrev
   -Nikolai got drunk. Way too drunk. Somehow, he woke up inside the racing pit of a would-be contestant of the Wacky Death Races, and snapped his neck for talking too loud during his hangover. He would have just went back to sleep, but he kinda looked like the racer and now he's been dragged into participating.

Red October
    -Nikolai imagines a classic "compensating-for-something" submarine design with monster tires. It's probably better armed than some current submarines on the planet.

Name contestant: Charles Barkelo
   -Reason for joining: Money! Charles is the stereotypical greedy guy you see in every Western movie, and he definitely looks the part. He heard that there was a large cash prize involved, and while he is a bit old-fashioned, he believes he's the only one here fit to win. 
   -Biography: Charles lived a delusional life. He always thought it was the late 1700s to the 1800s. He would always wear an open, brown, tattered trench coat and cowboy hat, and was delighted whenever thee was just enough wind for him to stand there and look badass. He was born into a poor family, but one his delusions set in, he saved up enough money to buy a horse and he began robbing banks. On his first run, he ended up stealing a cop's gun, so he used that as his main weapon for the majority of his heists. The police department though he was high the first two times, but after he successfully robbed the first national bank, they realized it was serious. They found him one day, standing in the middle of a street looking badass, and they chased after him. He leaped on his horse and rode. And rode. And rode. He came across a large billboard advertising the race.
And the prize money. He was instantly hooked, and rode all the way to [REDACTED] just to participate.
-Name Vehicle: Charlene.
    -Description: A large train cab-like vehicle. It's completely steam and coal-powered, but has an electrical motor just in case. It has a luxurious seating area, a Fuel station, and a seat at the front to steer. Despite LOOKING like a train, is steers and stops on a dime.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »

Goliath
-Land crawler(as description)
-A experimental fusion engine that run on hydrogen(-4hp for +2)
-Rick still has friends in the army and ask them for on call artillery fire on the track.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:13:33 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6