Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 9111 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Humble THQ Bundle
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »

From what I can find on Steam, it doesn't actually sell the GOTY version only the gold edition which includes the winter assault expansion. Still it wouldn't be the first time that a game was redeemable on Steam without actually being able to be purchased there.

edit:Ninja'ed
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

Still, pretty boss of them to do this, I wonder who exactly gave this a green light since it's a pretty bold move in face of doom. But it's bound to give them lots of good points among the people, so yay THQ, don't you die on us guys.

What do you mean in the face of doom? Is the company shutting down and this is its "everything goes" sale? That would be a shame.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2012, 08:29:42 pm »

Installed, was only able to access the base DoW 1 campaign, so it really is the GOTY version.  From what I recall hearing when it was new, Winter Assault wasn't anything special anyways.

Let's just hope DoW3 makes it out of the barn, and without any of that horrid Games For Windows Live baggage like DoW2...  /fingers-crossed
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »

Weeeell, managed to get pretty dang far in Saints Row (and enjoyed the journey quite a bit), but now it's bugged out to the point of being completely broken.

Still, this is the first title from the pack I didn't have from before that I've played so far, and I already think my money was very well spent.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:03 am »

Still, pretty boss of them to do this, I wonder who exactly gave this a green light since it's a pretty bold move in face of doom. But it's bound to give them lots of good points among the people, so yay THQ, don't you die on us guys.

What do you mean in the face of doom? Is the company shutting down and this is its "everything goes" sale? That would be a shame.
Not quite at that point yet but their market cap is presently around $10 million - barely enough to release their upcoming games at all much less market them.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2012, 01:12:32 pm »

Not quite at that point yet but their market cap is presently around $10 million - barely enough to release their upcoming games at all much less market them.

Market cap is just a number.  For THQ it's not a pretty number right now, but it's not a ticking armageddon clock over its head, either.

This bundle was a solid bump to the revenue stream, operating cash.  Wells Fargo also seems to be willing to work with THQ in the short term regarding credit, which I feel is a positive sign.  They just need to hold out until CoH2 is released, which I feel will be soon, probably Spring-ish. (the game looks to be basically done from recent gameplay vids; Relic aren't the sort to cast an illusion there)

Once CoH2 is out, things will be pointed in the right direction for THQ, and they can stand down from "all hands to bilge-ratting."
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

Just bought the bundle, gave most of the cash to THQ.

Really wishing that someone mentioned how the original games on the list were all under the same Steam key. I was planning on giving away some of the games and I'm not sure if the extra copies will appear in my inventory or not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2012, 12:47:19 am »

Installed, was only able to access the base DoW 1 campaign, so it really is the GOTY version.  From what I recall hearing when it was new, Winter Assault wasn't anything special anyways.

Let's just hope DoW3 makes it out of the barn, and without any of that horrid Games For Windows Live baggage like DoW2...  /fingers-crossed

DoW2:Retribution released with Steamworks instead of GFWL. At least one of the developers is on record saying how happy they were to make the change. So I strongly doubt DoW3, if it's ever made, would return to GFWL.  :)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:54 pm »

Hey, does anyone know if I buy it above average price now, and they add more games to it, will I get those too?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49:09 pm »

Hey, does anyone know if I buy it above average price now, and they add more games to it, will I get those too?
You will, but I think its unlikely that they will add another game with only 6 hours on the clock.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

Just under 5 hours left. If there is to be any other games added, it will be when it tips over the $5 million mark.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:48 pm »

not sure if right thread. But fuck me THQ has declared bankruptcy wow...
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2012, 03:34:22 pm »

Oh, uhh...  Wow.  Whoopsies.

Well, that's a damn shame.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »

Well luckily...so far everything seems to be remaining intact...no layoffs and no game cancellations so far...

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »

Which kind of bankruptcy?  Reorganization or fire-sale?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7