Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 55064 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

The Whiteboard
Deathsword: Hapah, Ottofar, Toaster, webadict
Ottofar: Dariush, Deathsword
Shakerag: Jack A T, Pandarsenic

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday. There will be no more extensions this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2012, 02:48:34 am »

<snip>
Do you seriously believe that was the scummiest thing said so far, or are you just trying to be cute?

Lack of activity on D1/D2 can be directly attributed to my being busy IRL.  I can't complain about exams anymore (thankfully), but I do get pressured with looming deadlines sometimes.
Do I seriously believe that: With the minor qualifiers (ignoring the dead/missing), yes: you, while significantly active elsewhere, came out with an absolutely useless post as the entirety of your non-RVS content for day 1.  It's not like Tiruin, who at least was obviously inactive.  You came in with no opinions, no votes, and no thoughts whatsoever beyond "stupid kook conversation is stupid."

So, no, I'm not just "trying to be cute."  I am amused to see that your first response to my attack is to essentially try to laugh it off, though.

Ottofar, Dariush: Could you please summarize your cases against each other?  I'm having a hard time keeping up with them.  The arguments seem to blend together into one haze of accusations of word-twisting, hypocrisy, and deflections.

Tiruin: D'accord.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:48 am »

Sorry for dissapearing, I've been having to study for a particularly hard test. I'll get some free time in about 5/6 hours. I'll then read the thread and post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2012, 06:35:24 am »

Meph, I'd like to implore you to extend this day to beyond what is going to be finals week for a lot of people. We can't honestly and fairly expect anyone who's doing that this week to be as active as necessary. At least give them through Sunday or something.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2012, 07:44:12 am »

Meph, I'd like to implore you to extend this day to beyond what is going to be finals week for a lot of people. We can't honestly and fairly expect anyone who's doing that this week to be as active as necessary. At least give them through Sunday or something.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

That'd be fine by me.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:45 am »

Ottofar, Dariush: Could you please summarize your cases against each other?  I'm having a hard time keeping up with them.  The arguments seem to blend together into one haze of accusations of word-twisting, hypocrisy, and deflections.

The initial accusation was about Dariush overreacting  to me pointing out that he was more scum than Hapah, you know this one. And then there's  the badmouthing, ad hominem, which I read as trying to get me off him, intentionally misunderstanding my words, and the things you said: word-twisting, hypocrisy, and deflections.

Also, I agree with

I have two exams next week, but yeah.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:43 am »

Ok, fair enough.

Game has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday. There will be no more extensions after that.

Seriously. I mean it.

You guys are gonna need soooo much coffee to get through this day....
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:16 pm »

Wake up, everyone. That extension is going to get wasted if you all just sit there.

Sorry for dissapearing, I've been having to study for a particularly hard test. I'll get some free time in about 5/6 hours. I'll then read the thread and post.
Okay, and how's that read going?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2012, 12:02:34 am »

Ottofar:  Given the long extend, how do you feel about your Deathsword vote?

Shakerag: Unless you're an exty/op pair or a hivemind/convert, then that pretty much makes Pandar non-alien.

So who is scum and why?

Hapah:
Argh. I guess Deathsword, if only to stop last-minute vote swaps/enchanter ties. And his last post in thread was on the 8th. I'll keep checking in regardless.

I can't get my head into this game to save my life.

While your intentions may be noble, it's still a bandwagon vote.

Deathsword:  We're pretty much waiting on you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2012, 01:21:39 am »

Woo! Thought I wouldn't be able to act in the extension, but then it got extended to next week :D

Bad news, my exams start Tuesday ~ Saturday next week. Ugh. Granted, I thank Meph and everyone else who asked for said extension.

Will get a post in a few hours from now. Because finally a stable connection and study break.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2012, 04:00:34 am »

Deathsword: These have certainly been some long 5-6 hours.

Argh. I guess Deathsword, if only to stop last-minute vote swaps/enchanter ties. And his last post in thread was on the 8th. I'll keep checking in regardless.
Hapah: So, any suspects?  Whatsoever?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:36 am »

I'm pretty cool with it, especially since no one's doing anything.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

I'm pretty cool with it, especially since no one's doing anything.
But no one doing anything is kinda boring.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »

My internet connection has been unstable for the past few days, often coming and going multiple times in a few minutes. So here is my much-delayed post while I am still connected:

Web:
-snip-
He actually listed what he thought of the theory. He said it doesn't apply to Dariush because it was after I explained why it's good. I think that actually makes Dariush LESS likely to be scum, but that's me, but you seemed to have skipped that.

I don't think Ottofar is trying at all to make Dariush rage, either. You're criticizing him by using my words against him, instead of his own, Deathsword.
According to you, claiming kook is a towntell, yet Ottofar seems all too happy to believe you when it comes to Hapah's claim, but not Dariush's. And even after you said that Dariush's claim was too risky and, thus, less likely to be a fake, he kept insisting it was a nulltell when it came to Dariush. And yet, not Hapah. What I tried to point out (and obviously failed) is that Ottofar is defending Hapah for some reason, while also trying to drive a lynch on Dariush. That is why I voted him.

And then he proceeded to ignore everything I said and much later throw a vote on me.

Toaster:
Deathsword:  Why are you shamelessly bandwagonning on Ottofar?
I am not. See the explanation above.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23