Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 55060 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »

Also, you missed a question.
Now, feel free to explain to me, how am I calling you one [In that particular post].
I didn't miss it. I got tired of nailing into your dumbfuckstupid head that 'less town' and 'more scummy' are the same thing. You keep rehashing the same 'arguments' again and again anyway without really explaining anything. You know what they say about arguing with idiots.

TIRUIN, stop ignoring me. Why did you ask why I claimed Kook? What would you have done in my case? Who are your suspicions? The 'I find the duel between Dariush and Ottofar suspicious' doesn't explain anything, especially without any reasons attached, and you admit that you didn't read too deeply.

So, you're also admitting to have deflected mine. And I, although I might be slightly biased here, find counter-deflection far more agreeable than just deflection.
Uh, no, I don't. You agreed that you were deflecting my words while I said no such thing about the inverse.

Uh, yes you do, when you say that it is true that our deflections are equal.

I didn't get much, aside from your jump. I don't think too many people did, with the statistics taking up most of the day.
Referring to the opinion of the majority instead of stating your own? Why would you do that? Oh, because you're activelurking scum.
Look at the bolded part of the post, please.

I don't really like Shakerag either, or Deathsword, for that matter.
Wow! You've finally said something that may distantly resemble a possibility of a mirage of a hallucination of you taking the first step towards scumhunting! Hooray! To celebrate such an accomplishment I won't even point out that you didn't address either of those people during the entire game, didn't even acknowledge your dislike of them until being prodded, then being prodded again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and aren't doing anything with your dislike now, continuing your entirely reactive playstyle of ignoring my questions which you call defending. Oh wait, I just pointed out exactly that. My bad.

I pointed them out, because they're my secondary suspects, while you're my primary one. I'll vote Deathsword today, unless someone breaks this tie. And uh, you're basically doing nothing either, except defend yourself. Throw a couple of FoSes here and there to appear active. But yeah.

Now, feel free to explain to me, how am I calling you one [In that particular post].
I didn't miss it. I got tired of nailing into your dumbfuckstupid head that 'less town' and 'more scummy' are the same thing. You keep rehashing the same 'arguments' again and again anyway without really explaining anything. You know what they say about arguing with idiots.

TIRUIN, stop ignoring me. Why did you ask why I claimed Kook? What would you have done in my case? Who are your suspicions? The 'I find the duel between Dariush and Ottofar suspicious' doesn't explain anything, especially without any reasons attached, and you admit that you didn't read too deeply.

Aannd the first paragraph is, well. First, you choose to ignore my question, a thing you've claimed I was doing right above this one. Then, you twist my words: I was saying that Hapah is/was more town than pretty much anyone else, you were on par with them.
This has been explained four times now, this was the fifth, and you still fail to understand that. So I could say, yes, I do.

And the Tiruin-part is there because, well you just admitted to have ignored me in the last paragraph. Especially when he really even didn't. And the last sentence is basically: "Why, oh why do you think I'm scum?"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

Is anyone else having a hard time getting into the game, or is it just me? I mean, we've got barely 10 pages, and I still can't keep focus during a reread.

Quote from: Shakerag
Also, I can confirm (somewhat, kind of, maybe) that Pandarsenic is telling the truth.  I got back a "protect" goal on him last night.  Which seemed wrong to me, but I PMd Meph about it and he confirmed that an MC Ray would show up as "protect".  Go figure.
I'm inclined to think he's telling the truth. I don't know why he'd fake any of the other Protect roles as Town. I guess it could be faked as an Exty with an Advanced Holo, though, but I don't think it's a very common pick.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »

Tiruin:
I'm quite suspicious of why Pandar did claim (In full, probably.

What do you mean, probably?

Meph:  If a Mind Control Ray is used on the night the user is telepathed, what result would the Telepath see?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 11:26:34 pm »

Protect, I confirmed it. If I'm reading your question right, anyway.

I'm allowed to post strictly rule-related PM's, right?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

I kinda have a speech to write, for school, so I'm gonna unvote Dariush, and vote Deathsword instead, for now, for the basically reasonless bandwagon thingie, and to prevent a no-lynch. I'll probably check back in couple of hours.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:37 am »

So, you're also admitting to have deflected mine. And I, although I might be slightly biased here, find counter-deflection far more agreeable than just deflection.
Uh, no, I don't. You agreed that you were deflecting my words while I said no such thing about the inverse.
Here' exactly what I said:
So, you admit that you deflected my question. Finally a grain of truth.
I didn't say ANYTHING about our deflections being equal on account of there being none on my part. I've even stopped counting the number of times you've twisted my words.
I didn't get much, aside from your jump. I don't think too many people did, with the statistics taking up most of the day.
Referring to the opinion of the majority instead of stating your own? Why would you do that? Oh, because you're activelurking scum.
I saw it. Now I'm asking you about the unbolded part, which question you nicely ignore. I've even stopped counting the number of times you've ignored my questions.
I pointed them out, because they're my secondary suspects, while you're my primary one. I'll vote Deathsword today, unless someone breaks this tie. And uh, you're basically doing nothing either, except defend yourself. Throw a couple of FoSes here and there to appear active. But yeah.
Again a deflection. Don't you ever tire of being a dumbass? And that's a lie, because I'm not defending myself because you there's nothing to defend from apart from the idiotic 'jump' accusation.
And the Tiruin-part is there because, well you just admitted to have ignored me in the last paragraph. Especially when he really even didn't. And the last sentence is basically: "Why, oh why do you think I'm scum?"
I'm reading my words over and over and am not seeing a smallest hint of resembling the bullshit you spewed. I didn't ignore you. I didn't admit to ignoring you. I didn't ask basically "Why, oh why do you think I'm scum?". He didn't even directly accuse me of being scum. You're not just pulling stuff out of thin air, you're pulling stuff out of your hallucinations.

I kinda have a speech to write, for school, so I'm gonna unvote Dariush, and vote Deathsword instead, for now, for the basically reasonless bandwagon thingie, and to prevent a no-lynch. I'll probably check back in couple of hours.
And after wasting the entire day flinging shit at me you bandwagon onto a guy you haven't addressed even once and only mentioned once after being prodded. Again and again and aga you know the drill.

I feel absolutely justified in saying this is the absolutely worst performance in a mafia game I've ever seen on this board you've just demonstrated, and that's saying a lot.

Hapah:
Why not just ask Meph in-thread?

Meph:
So if an Exty wishes to disguise his kill as an abduction, the target simply dies and is found in the morning, thus no abduction actually happens. Correct? If yes, what would be the death flavor of the pseudo-abductee?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2012, 10:42:54 am »

PFP

Hapah:
Trying to preserve Meph's sanity, mostly. I probably asked him better than a dozen questions via PM last Paranormal by myself. If I can quote rule PM's, I can possibly get everyone info faster if I've already asked the question, and Meph might not have to answer the same question again (though now that I think about it, there's decent odds he would anyway).

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:32 am »

Here' exactly what I said:
So, you admit that you deflected my question. Finally a grain of truth.
I didn't say ANYTHING about our deflections being equal on account of there being none on my part. I've even stopped counting the number of times you've twisted my words.

But I did. I said that our deflections are equal. By saying that I did deflect, you admitted to have deflected too. And about that word twisting, feel free to check your own posts. You start twisting my words from my very first post with content.

I saw it. Now I'm asking you about the unbolded part, which question you nicely ignore. I've even stopped counting the number of times you've ignored my questions.

You should really learn to know that words might have multiple meanings. What I meant with the "I don't think..." part was that the day didn't have much content in it to draw from.

Again a deflection. Don't you ever tire of being a dumbass? And that's a lie, because I'm not defending myself because you there's nothing to defend from apart from the idiotic 'jump' accusation.

So, you're calling whatever you're doing attacking?
I'm pretty sure we're having different definitions here.

[/quote]
I'm reading my words over and over and am not seeing a smallest hint of resembling the bullshit you spewed. I didn't ignore you. I didn't admit to ignoring you. I didn't ask basically "Why, oh why do you think I'm scum?". He didn't even directly accuse me of being scum. You're not just pulling stuff out of thin air, you're pulling stuff out of your hallucinations.
[/quote]

You did indeed ignore me, and did indeed admit to doing so:

Asking about reasons for your own scummitude. All right, I admit this might be a bit weak. Then, I was posting at 3AM.

And after wasting the entire day flinging shit at me you bandwagon onto a guy you haven't addressed even once and only mentioned once after being prodded. Again and again and aga you know the drill.

I feel absolutely justified in saying this is the absolutely worst performance in a mafia game I've ever seen on this board you've just demonstrated, and that's saying a lot.

You do know that badmouthing me isn't gonna make me drop you. I still think you're scum. I also know that having a tie when the day ends results in a no-lynch, which is not good.

I've played far worse games than this, but I think this is the first time I've had any kind of conflict with you, and suddenly it's the worst one. Coincidence?

Oh, and webadict,

snip
Hmm, I changed my mind. I thought about it and Dariush would have to be LESS likely to be scum. Since he claimed after my explanation, the only reason he'd do so would be if he were actually a Kook because he'd KNOW it'd be super scummy to do as such. Scum wouldn't claim like that. I wouldn't even do that as scum.

I just thought about something, with this post. It took five times for Dariush to understand why he was scummier than Hapah, and I'm not exactly sure he has understood it even now, and in any case he didn't understand it back then, so I'm not exactly sure this applies. What do you think?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:17 am »

The Whiteboard
Deathsword: Ottofar, Toaster, webadict
Ottofar: Dariush, Deathsword
Shakerag: Jack A T, Pandarsenic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

Meph:  If a Mind Control Ray is used on the night the user is telepathed, what result would the Telepath see?

Protect

Meph:
So if an Exty wishes to disguise his kill as an abduction, the target simply dies and is found in the morning, thus no abduction actually happens. Correct? If yes, what would be the death flavor of the pseudo-abductee?

If an Exty disguised his kill as an abduction, it's still a Night Kill. However, the body is not discovered for a day. The flavor would depend a little on what the Exterminator wanted to do, but with the addition of the Organ Harvester to the role list it will probably mimic that. (Which is a body missing some parts, or only a few parts of the person found)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:15 pm »

PFP

Argh. I guess Deathsword, if only to stop last-minute vote swaps/enchanter ties. And his last post in thread was on the 8th. I'll keep checking in regardless.

I can't get my head into this game to save my life.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2012, 02:35:24 pm »

Hey, everybody, can we get an Extend? There are finals galore this week, and we'd all really appreciate it, I'm sure.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »

PFP

You guys and your exams. Extend.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Extend, sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2012, 03:36:14 pm »

Extend, because somehow these days, my internet decides to die on me when I have the time to post. I'll have it either at the end of my day here (~14 hours or so) or when I can find the suitable time to post.

Also, <3 my exams. Leaves nearly no time for everything.

I'm not ignoring you. I asked why you claimed Kook (getting the obvious 'because I am' without reasoning on why) because I wanted to know your reasoning behind it. In your own words, that is.

What I would've done in your case? Explain why you claimed along with claiming Kook. And the last part? Yes, I didn't read too deeply because I can't read too deeply at this point. Practically, my mind is swarmed by medical terminology and other unrelated knowledge to Mafia, and I'd prefer prioritizing something which would make up >50% of my time spent in university at the moment. If you didn't notice, this is my explanation for the suspicion thing.

PFP

Hapah:
Trying to preserve Meph's sanity, mostly. I probably asked him better than a dozen questions via PM last Paranormal by myself. If I can quote rule PM's, I can possibly get everyone info faster if I've already asked the question, and Meph might not have to answer the same question again (though now that I think about it, there's decent odds he would anyway).

I actually think you can, but not quote what the Mod says, directly. But we need clarification: Meph, can anyone do what Hapah stated here?

Hey, everybody, can we get an Extend? There are finals galore this week, and we'd all really appreciate it, I'm sure.
You ask for extend, and not bold it? :/

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2012, 03:41:26 pm »

I can't get my head into this game to save my life.
Ditto.  Extend
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23