Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 55029 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2012, 01:36:25 pm »

I'm informing you all of my role and action because, having confirmed that I am moderately likely to be the cause of the incident in question, it may not be necessary for us to be especially concerned about further unexplained disappearances. Furthermore, NOT having claimed now will, in the event of a massclaim, equate to shooting myself in the foot on account of my redirect target (having vanished) not being susceptible to the vote control.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2012, 01:54:00 pm »

Extend, by the way, might'n't be able to post tomorrow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »

PFP
Meph: Could an alien abduct himself? Can anyone self-target when redirected to themselves?

Yes and Yes.
Meph: What exactly happens when one abducts oneself. Will the abducted return to play regardless of their role, or just be removed from play? Does being removed from play affect any wincons of the abductor (the person in question)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2012, 03:52:31 pm »

A self-abducted player would take themselves out for that night and the next day, and would be free to act again the following night. They would only be 'captured' for as long as the Mind Control could force them to be.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2012, 07:51:54 pm »

Well I'm pretty much gonna die of laughter if Captain comes back tonight.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - [SIGN-UPS] 3/16
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »

Pandar:  Don't forget...

Harvester
    Race: Alien
    Goal: Kill/Find
    Rules: The Harvester is collecting things for its own purposes. There are two different types of Harvesters. A Harvester may choose to Abduct another player during the Night Phase.
      Organ Harvester - The Abducted player is killed. The Harvester acts as a Doom Speaker, and is building an Abomination. After some # of nights (based on player count) the Abomination is released and performs a Night Kill attempt on every player.
      Mind Stealer - Copies the Role from the Abducted player for the following day/night as well as the Win Condition of that player until a new one is acquired. The abducted player reverts to a vanilla role for the rest of the game(Aliens will all become survivors). If the Mind Stealer doesn't have any other goal, then it is a Survivor.      
    Tech: 0 Slots
    Victory: Organ Harvester wins when all other players are dead. The OH must be alive at the end of the game. The Mind Stealer wins if its current win condition is fulfilled.

If Ford comes back tonight, he's either a Xenozoologist who abducted himself or a mindsteal victim (possibly by himself).  If it's the former, then that tells us there's at least one alien besides himself.

Furthermore, NOT having claimed now will, in the event of a massclaim, equate to shooting myself in the foot on account of my redirect target (having vanished) not being susceptible to the vote control.

I don't understand this- please clarify.

Hmm.

Meph:  If a player with a one-shot tech device used it on a player that was abducted by a third player that same night, would the tech be used up?

Unvote Tiruin.  You're not reacting in a scummy way, so time to move on.

Like to Deathsword, who hasn't bothered to do anything besides throw a lazy bandwagon vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

Extend.

I guess we'll know about Ford soon enough. If he doesn't come back, it means he's probably one of the harder-to-acquire types of target, yeah?

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »

Extend.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2012, 01:03:10 am »

Extend.  I've got a Shakerag post I really want to see.

Tiruin: ...What.  Why are you asking a dead guy an RVS question?  And a dumb one at that (who would ever answer "Yes, I'll inspect the guy who says he shows up as a dopp to inspections!"  I mean, really.)?  And I understand that you want to show your suspicions with your own interactions, but why aren't you even doing that to show your suspicions?
I'm asking for the reason of the answer. Nothing can be possibly predicted when answering others, and mostly people put their reasoning while they type out said answers. Also, see above on why Book got there.
Tiruin: ...Right...I fail to see how there is much of a range of even remotely likely answers to your question.

So.  Again.  I know you want to show your suspicions with your own interactions, as you said.  However, why are you not doing that?  And why did you skip this part of the question?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2012, 01:13:33 am »

Because I'm really busy at the moment and can't get my thinking straight :/

And because I'm handling a payload of last-minute-prelims-projects which holidays seems to have gratefully dumped on me.

However, why are you not doing that?  And why did you skip this part of the question?
I was asking those relative to my suspicions questions?

I'm quite suspicious of why Pandar did claim (In full, probably. It all depends on time though, if Capt shows up, then someone else or he abducted himself. If not, then someone else abducted him and Pandar's ray-thing concludes he didn't abduct himself. Or camo kill - this one is hard to prove but we didn't see a flip. But I'm confused on the last sentence here.), the duel between Dariush and Ottofar, but that's only the apparent things I've seen at the moment.

Mod: If an exterminator has the camoflage tech thing and chooses to disguise his kills as abducts, will the dead (seemingly abducted player) roleflip?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:39 am »

I wouldn't think so. Unless people flip after their organs are harvested and it flips like that, it'd be really easy to see through.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2012, 11:17:03 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Ottofar
Deathsword: Toaster, webadict
Ottofar: Dariush, Deathsword
Shakerag: Jack A T, Pandarsenic

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

Meph:  If a player with a one-shot tech device used it on a player that was abducted by a third player that same night, would the tech be used up?

Depends on the Tech in question. Mind Control Ray goes off before Abduction, so it would still work. Assassin Bot would fail to find its target and would not be used up.

Mod: If an exterminator has the camoflage tech thing and chooses to disguise his kills as abducts, will the dead (seemingly abducted player) roleflip?

Players that are abducted and then killed, or a kill disguised as an abduct, will roleflip when the body is found.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2012, 02:30:00 pm »

Mod:
Players that are abducted and then killed, or a kill disguised as an abduct, will roleflip when the body is found.
And when would that happen? The next morning after the disguised kill?

So, you're also admitting to have deflected mine. And I, although I might be slightly biased here, find counter-deflection far more agreeable than just deflection.
Uh, no, I don't. You agreed that you were deflecting my words while I said no such thing about the inverse.
I didn't get much, aside from your jump. I don't think too many people did, with the statistics taking up most of the day.
Referring to the opinion of the majority instead of stating your own? Why would you do that? Oh, because you're activelurking scum.
I don't really like Shakerag either, or Deathsword, for that matter.
Wow! You've finally said something that may distantly resemble a possibility of a mirage of a hallucination of you taking the first step towards scumhunting! Hooray! To celebrate such an accomplishment I won't even point out that you didn't address either of those people during the entire game, didn't even acknowledge your dislike of them until being prodded, then being prodded again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and aren't doing anything with your dislike now, continuing your entirely reactive playstyle of ignoring my questions which you call defending. Oh wait, I just pointed out exactly that. My bad.
Also, you missed a question.
Now, feel free to explain to me, how am I calling you one [In that particular post].
I didn't miss it. I got tired of nailing into your dumbfuckstupid head that 'less town' and 'more scummy' are the same thing. You keep rehashing the same 'arguments' again and again anyway without really explaining anything. You know what they say about arguing with idiots.

TIRUIN, stop ignoring me. Why did you ask why I claimed Kook? What would you have done in my case? Who are your suspicions? The 'I find the duel between Dariush and Ottofar suspicious' doesn't explain anything, especially without any reasons attached, and you admit that you didn't read too deeply.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2012, 05:50:49 pm »

Mod:
And when would that happen? The next morning after the disguised kill?

That is correct.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2012, 06:30:35 pm »

Jack A T:  What's the scummiest thing that's been said so far?
Shakerag: Not counting the statements of the dead and/or missing...Ugh, day 1 was a disaster.  The day was dominated by a massive kook/probability discussion and two inept newbies.  Both newbies are, of course, gone now.  But back to your question: Not counting the statements of the dead and/or missing... Let's go with your post quoted here.  It feels like activelurking to me.

Why?  Let's consider your activity Day 1: you asked a bunch of RVS questions (no problem there, though your lack of a vote was odd), and then did this: a complaint about the stupid kook discussion, two requests for people to do something other than discuss kooks, and this question.  What's missing here?  Well, let's see...
*Any opinions on who is scum and who isn't.
*Any vote.
*Any opinions on...really, anything whatsoever beyond the kook statistics discussion being dumb.

You contributed about as much as Tiruin did Day 1.  You just did so with more words.

Any reasons for this?
Do you seriously believe that was the scummiest thing said so far, or are you just trying to be cute?

Lack of activity on D1/D2 can be directly attributed to my being busy IRL.  I can't complain about exams anymore (thankfully), but I do get pressured with looming deadlines sometimes.

Shakerag
Tiruin:  Does webadict's presence in the game prevent you from always being scum?
It doesn't, because then the Mod would be affected anyway. If Webadict was a factor in determining my alignment, then wow. Meaning: No. Also, not scum.

Why this question again, and here, why didn't you ask anything to them[Book/Web] but provide them with a question for them to do instead?
Why what question again?

Also, do I *have* to ask a question to facilitiate getting a read on someone? 

Unvote. Vote Shakerag. Where the hell are you?
Working.

I've got a Shakerag post I really want to see.
Sorry, can you wait a bit longer?

Also, I can confirm (somewhat, kind of, maybe) that Pandarsenic is telling the truth.  I got back a "protect" goal on him last night.  Which seemed wrong to me, but I PMd Meph about it and he confirmed that an MC Ray would show up as "protect".  Go figure. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23