Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: UI Improvement Plugins  (Read 121979 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Utility Plugins [with fixed search plugin for dfhack r3]
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:44 pm »

I've been trying to set up mouse support, and finally succeeded with the rather fussy and messy mouse fortress which causes some rather nasty clashes with mousequery. 

I basically ignore the right-click menus and try to avoid the buggy edge-scrolling, meaning that the only thing I really use it for is to move the cursor (which is a power which should not be underestimated!).  The other features I would love are an option to move the map by right-click-dragging, which apparently existed at one point, and for left-click to be 'enter'.  The last vestige of keyboard-cursor control gone, leaving the keys to open menus...

Anyway - how difficult would cursor movement be to implement in mousequery?  And would the two missing features be possible?

I know that Shukaro was planning to implement it as a DF Hack plugin at some point (source: linked thread), but no idea how that turned out.  Would you (falconne) consider trying something similar? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »

I'm about to work on that next, after I finish the bugs with the Stocks plugin. Clicking the left mouse button during designation or building placement will emulate putting the cursor at that location and pressing enter and I will also see if I can manage right-click-drag to move the map. Also some extra query functionality.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 01:54:44 am »

can you work on a tool that does a better job on the embark screen?

For example, help search for a site with trees and more specific ranges (i.e. a min/max range for temp/trees, rain, etc).

let me rephrase.  it would be awesome if there was a better embark tool
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:20:09 am by thistleknot »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 01:15:02 am »

Forgot to mention the other feature [edit: of Mouse Fortress], which is just automatic now - mousewheel scrolls z-levels, instead of zooming. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:49:26 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »

Hi falconne. Love your plugins. I do have a few suggestions to share.

- It'd be nice to have the search feature that shows up for pen/pasture and pit/pond would be really useful for cages and restraints.
- Being able to mark/unmark items for melting in the alternate stocks screen
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:40:10 pm by GiantUrist »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:37 am »

can you work on a tool that does a better job on the embark screen?

For example, help search for a site with trees and more specific ranges (i.e. a min/max range for temp/trees, rain, etc).

let me rephrase.  it would be awesome if there was a better embark tool

Sounds like that would be very useful, but I haven't looked at the embark side much. I might look at it one day in the future, but probably not for a while. I don't have much time any more to code large plugins, just doing minor improvements to the existing ones. This would be a good one for somebody wanting to get into DFHack plugins to look at...

Hi falconne. Love your plugins. I do have a few suggestions to share.

- It'd be nice to have the search feature that shows up for pen/pasture and pit/pond would be really useful for cages and restraints.
- Being able to mark/unmark items for melting in the alternate stocks screen

I'll take a look at the cage/restraint screens in a future update. It might be a while before I can take a look at adding "mark for melting" from the stocks screen only because I'm not 100% certain I know enough about materials to tell if an item is meltable or not. I assume that if it's made of metal then it's meltable, but I don't know about the edge cases like, is it ok if it's decorated? What if it's decorated with wood? That sort of thing. Adding the functionality is easy, it's testing all the combinations that I won't have time for.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »

I also have a few request.

In the military equipment screens it would be good to be able to negate the options. i.e. hunters use bolts of NOT metal, Train with bolts of NOT metal. I suppose an alternative would be adding NOT metal to the list of materials.

I would also find it useful if I could auto-designate everything put in a certain stockpile to be melted. Would be useful on maps where you're reliant on goblinite and metal crafts from caravans for your ore. 
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2013, 10:21:36 am »

Forgot to mention the other feature [edit: of Mouse Fortress], which is just automatic now - mousewheel scrolls z-levels, instead of zooming.
I didn't look at your Mouse Fortress, but the scroll wheel can be mapped in the keybindings to handle using the wheel going up and down z-levels.  I learned that from the Let's Play Masterwork Youtube video, where he also maps CTRL-mousewheel to zooming in and out.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 06:45:38 am »

the scroll wheel can be mapped in the keybindings to handle using the wheel going up and down z-levels.

Since then I've done this (and the other recommended changes for mousequery), and also included it in my updated LNP as one of the keybinding options. 

A general question:  is there any chance of getting trap-placing functionality like buildingplanner or maybe construction helper?  I've got a fort with magma and sand at the moment, and by the 200th weapon trap with all glass discs I decided that asking would be worth it.  Even just a planning mode>any mechanism>any material>weapon type would be awesome!
 Donations here.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UI Improvement Plugins
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

Wow!

GSV Urist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 08:48:26 am »

Hey All.

Just wanted to say thanks Falcone for an awesome plugin.  Using it actually induced a kind of Strange Mood in me and I thought would post results.

These tools are amazing, and go a long way to addressing problems with DFs native stock system, yet we are still stuck with a few key issues, like use of arrow keys for selections, only being able to select items one at a time, difficult scrolling etc).

So my question is would it be possible to read stock items from a DF game and put them into a table, like how Dwarf Therapist reads dwarves labour assignments and their moods and attributes?

Imagine a program just like dwarf therapist, with a filter box at the top to as a search tool.

By default item types would appear in a list in rows(like in the normal stock screen), with the individual items nested underneath them.  Clicking on the item parent type would then open up the child list of items, which checkboxes next to them so you can select them for an operation like dumping.  You could shift-click to select a list of items, them maybe click a button to mark them for an operation. 

Columns could be used to hold data on item attributes (location, origin, condition, value) or mark individual items for operations like dumping, claiming or forbid (like how DT does labour assignments)

If items can be read in the way, and dump commands etc passed back into dwarf fortress, it would remove alot of pain from issuing stock commands.  (Entering commands one by one via the stocks screen just feels too much like data entry in 1967 ).  Furthermore, other plugins/functionality could be added on the back of it.

E.g -
If grid coordinates of items can be read, you could use location as a filter for items.  e.g. Show only items in a cage room or trade depot by setting a coordinate range as filter.
Get a clearer sense of constructed items. Could hide them by default.
Get a clearer sense of item use.  Is that a swords thats being carried or held or just lying somewhere?
Help clean forts for FPS mark items for instant destruction via DFhack
Could items be read from the trade depot list and put into a table? Could a macro or other means mark an item for trading be passed back and forth?
50% reduction in Dwarf induced RSI

/Gsu cancelled mood - Went Insane

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2013, 06:17:12 am »

Hi,
@Falconne: Great plugins! May I ask you to compile Robert's version of the zone plugin for OSX? The only available version is the default that comes with Dfhack r3, and that does not work with autobutcher/autonestbox.

The source is here to spare you the time of looking for it: https://github.com/rh73/dfhack/commits/master

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:55 pm »

Actually I merged his code into my fork a while ago, but it has compile errors in my OSX environment (its gcc appears to be overly strict), which is why I only include Windows and Linux versions in my archive. He does know about the errors and I think just needs to find some time to fix them.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »

Actually I merged his code into my fork a while ago, but it has compile errors in my OSX environment (its gcc appears to be overly strict), which is why I only include Windows and Linux versions in my archive. He does know about the errors and I think just needs to find some time to fix them.

I'm a saaad panda. :(
Thx, I guess I'll just wait for a fix then.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 06:45:19 pm »

Just a heads up for the modders including my plugins in their mods: last night I updated the DwarfMonitor and Stocks plugins. DwarfMonitor now has a preferences summary screen and the Stocks plugin now adds a hotkey entry to the game's built in Stocks screen that lets you launch the plugin's enhanced stocks screen. This should make the existence of the enhanced stocks screen more obvious to players who didn't explicitly download the plugins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10