Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: UI Improvement Plugins  (Read 121944 times)

Kimril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UI Improvement Plugins
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »

it says how if you type "mousequery" or "help mousequery" or "mousequery help" (not sure which, but you should really be trying them all anyway)

Thank you, I'm completely new to DFhack, and have never used it, but I'm sure I will learn :)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 04:23:36 am »

Made a small update to the bundle:
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2013, 10:32:25 am »

Hello! Is there a r4 version for Hotkeys plugin anywhere?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2013, 10:56:18 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8166

Falconne posted this in a r4 thread at some point, I think it includes all his plugins.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

Yes, that's it. It's one update behind... I'm waiting for an official r4 release before I do another r4 update.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »

Hey!
I have a bug report on the hotkeys plugin - newest OSX version. This may be present on previous versions too, as this was the first time I took it for a test:
When I add any shortcut to the dfhack.init the game crashes on launch 9 times out of 10. When it doesn't crash on launch I can call the plugin by the 'Ctrl-H' shortcut, and the game seems stable, although I didn't test it for long, just to see if it's working OK. If I delete the line from the .init the game launches without a problem, and I can call "hotkeys" from the dfhack terminal.
Crashlog
Furthermore the suggested Ctrl-F1 shortcut doesn't register with OSX, but I can live with that. :)
And:
Ctrl-T is defined twice in my init, once for autochop, and a second time for adventure mode: 'keybinding add Ctrl-T gui/advfort -i'.
This causes hotkeys to display 'Ctrl-T' three times in the list, all three times it shows '-i' for the command and no help text. Of course clicking on the invalid '-i' command throws an error in dfhack. Thought I would mention.

Finally: Not all of the custom shortcuts show up on the list. In fact, I have like 30 defined, but only 12 are displayed. And I can't find any logic behind which shows up, and which doesn't. Plus I'd like to ask if there's any way to add help text to the hotkeys? What shows up is very good, but not all of the plugins have help.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2013, 04:48:06 pm »

Thanks for the report. Can you send me your dfhack.init file, including a commented out line at the end of the file with a new keybinding that causes a crash when you uncomment it. Also, is this in the r3 version or the r4?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

Thx for the support!

dfhack-r3 with your latest version of plugins (r39). Hotkeys plugin was compiled on sept.21, so it should be the r3 package.
I tried playing with disabling a few settings, but the consistent crashes come with hotkeys enabled. The other settings seem to work so far.

Spoiler: dfhack.init (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:10:30 pm by fricy »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2013, 03:45:41 am »

Hey!
I have a bug report on the hotkeys plugin - newest OSX version. This may be present on previous versions too, as this was the first time I took it for a test:
When I add any shortcut to the dfhack.init the game crashes on launch 9 times out of 10. When it doesn't crash on launch I can call the plugin by the 'Ctrl-H' shortcut, and the game seems stable, although I didn't test it for long, just to see if it's working OK. If I delete the line from the .init the game launches without a problem, and I can call "hotkeys" from the dfhack terminal.
So it crashes when you include a keybinding for the hotkeys plugin in your dfhack.init file? I can't reproduce that, but my OSX environment has other problems... sometimes the game fails to launch with certain entries in dfhack.init. Sometimes just adding a comment to the file makes it stop working or start working again.

What do you see in the console when the game fails to launch?

Ctrl-T is defined twice in my init, once for autochop, and a second time for adventure mode: 'keybinding add Ctrl-T gui/advfort -i'.
This causes hotkeys to display 'Ctrl-T' three times in the list, all three times it shows '-i' for the command and no help text. Of course clicking on the invalid '-i' command throws an error in dfhack. Thought I would mention.
You need to add quotes around "gui/advfort -i". Also you should add a guard for that binding to only show up in adventure mode. I don't know what the adventure mode context is (probably something like "dungeonmode"). If you type "keybinding" while in an applicable adventure mode screen, you'll see what the context is at the bottom. This way the hotkey won't show up in fortress mode.

Finally: Not all of the custom shortcuts show up on the list. In fact, I have like 30 defined, but only 12 are displayed. And I can't find any logic behind which shows up, and which doesn't. Plus I'd like to ask if there's any way to add help text to the hotkeys? What shows up is very good, but not all of the plugins have help.
Only the hotkeys that are valid for the current game screen are shown. Some of the C++ plugins declare what mode they are active in, for others you can see how the keybinding in dfhack.init includes a guard restricting them to a specific screen mode.

I can't do much about the help, that's defined inside each plugin. There is an option in the hotkeys screen to show detailed help, but that's it. For plugins lacking proper built in help, you could make a suggestion in the dfhack thread.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2013, 04:55:28 am »

You need to add quotes around "gui/advfort -i". Also you should add a guard for that binding to only show up in adventure mode. I don't know what the adventure mode context is (probably something like "dungeonmode"). If you type "keybinding" while in an applicable adventure mode screen, you'll see what the context is at the bottom. This way the hotkey won't show up in fortress mode.
I can't do much about the help, that's defined inside each plugin. There is an option in the hotkeys screen to show detailed help, but that's it. For plugins lacking proper built in help, you could make a suggestion in the dfhack thread.
Thx, for the explanation!

I can't reproduce that, but my OSX environment has other problems... sometimes the game fails to launch with certain entries in dfhack.init. Sometimes just adding a comment to the file makes it stop working or start working again.
What do you see in the console when the game fails to launch?

Here are two terminal outputs with the exact same settings, the game crashed like 8 times before I could load it up correctly.

Spoiler: Crashing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loading correctly (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/df: line 15:  7098 Bus error: 10           ./dwarfort.exe
logout

The error message is almost the same every time, only the number '7098' is random for the crashes. It looks like sometimes the launcher sends the df startup command twice as you can see from one of the console logs, but that doesn't seem to correlate with the crashes, I tested this without the java launcher and the behavior is the same. :(
I also tried playing around with disabling various things in the init, but this is the setting that seems to crash the game.
What is your OSX environment? Mine is 10.7.5. Maybe it's something to do with my system, maybe it's something else. I'll try to get some more testing data...

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2013, 05:48:41 am »

Yes, that's the error I get too and it's random for me. I get it even without adding a keybinding for the hotkey plugin, but it's possible that's just because some other plugin causes a similar issue. I'd be surprised though, because adding a keybinding doesn't have anything to do with the plugins themselves, that's an internal dfhack command and it just adds the binding to its map. Until you actually press the keybinding the associate plugin isn't even called.

I always assumed it was some memory corruption in my OSX VM. I'm on 12.3.0 (err that was the kernel, the OSX version is 10.8.3).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:46:40 am by falconne »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2013, 09:14:19 am »

a suggestion for the workflow plugin.

An option to select a locally assigned set of range values for workshops vs a global.

Reasoning is...

In mwmod, I can build 4 'wooden planks' from logs that then can feed 'build charcoal from wood blocks' in the smelter.  A byproduct is ash.

When I use ash as a product for lye and then potash, I end up consuming more ash than charcoal.

Sometimes I run low on ash and wish to augment it by burning wood from logs vs building another smelter (which might not always be a good idea, but anyways...) heres where the problem occurs.

If I have ash setup for a global range of say 10-15 bars.  That means both my wood burning shop as well as my smelter will try to reach this level (meaning a much less efficient use of resources as wood logs would be used vs planks for the wood burning shop).  However, I wpiñd  ONLY want the wood burning shop to burn (i.e. locally defined range) wood logs when the global quantity fell below 2 bars of ash to only burn (say 1 to 2) where as my smelters would still use a set range of 10-15.

On a sidenote, I think Ive asked this before, but why do I have to go to the ctrl-i screen to setup a manual queue of bars of coal vs being able to do it from the workshop alt-w screen?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2013, 03:52:09 am »

The error message is almost the same every time, only the number '7098' is random for the crashes. It looks like sometimes the launcher sends the df startup command twice as you can see from one of the console logs, but that doesn't seem to correlate with the crashes, I tested this without the java launcher and the behavior is the same. :(
I also tried playing around with disabling various things in the init, but this is the setting that seems to crash the game.
What is your OSX environment? Mine is 10.7.5. Maybe it's something to do with my system, maybe it's something else. I'll try to get some more testing data...

I spent a while trying to get gdb to work in OSX to track that crash down, but failed. Using gdb in OSX with dynamically loaded libraries doesn't appear to be as straight forward as it is in Linux. I'll have to leave it at that as I don't know anything about OSX... someone who develops on it and can get dfhack to run through gdb will have to work on that.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2013, 06:12:21 am »

@falconne: Thx for the effort, it may be only my system, I got a feedback that it's working on osx 10.9.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:13 am »

@falconne: Hi again!

I just saw this commit on github which got me excited: It looks like the zone plugin is finally fixed on OS X. Would you give it a go, when you compile a new version of your plugins? Thx!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10