Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 993650 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5280 on: May 25, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

Wow. Another 1+1? Really?
Wander around the forest, looking for something that looks weak and is not a player. If successful, Cainthalsaz it three seperate times, for three lasers of doom. If that does not kill whatever it is, stab it with my crystal-edged sword after throwing my non-crystal-edged sword at it. Drop my old breastplate. If no enemies show up, then say Adamenstiar Hobitaeaod Gonteli.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: May 25, 2013, 11:51:10 pm »

words and stuff, then walk down to the monster basement.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: May 25, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

"Well, I'm back where I started.  Only one last place to check"

Go back to the training room and try the northern path.

Try more WORDS.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: May 27, 2013, 12:08:12 am »

Yea, I'm starting to think that insatiable bloodlust isn't the fastest way to level up here...
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: May 27, 2013, 12:36:07 am »

It is if you know the right words, know how to use them, and the luck and stats to do it properly. And knowing who and who not to pick a fight with, although if you lack said knowledge it could lead to surprises and fun times.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: May 27, 2013, 04:50:46 am »

Okay. I read up to the first page of the NEW WORLD ORDER after Null bit the dust, and said "fuck it."

Jumping in this thing with pretty much no knowledge of what's situationally going on, maybe a couple of the popular words but that's mostly it. (And by that I mean stuff like Zentol and Garstopit, not, y'know, actually situationally useful stuff. Prepare for science!)

CHARSHEET:

Name: Laularu the Mildly Competent
Appearance: Looks like a dweeb. Exactly non-wimpy enough to not trip over his own shoelaces and DIE, and exactly wizened enough to have the potential to cast more than DEATH TENTACLES FROM BEYOND TIME AND SPACE, but clearly not showing the particular brand of confidence that comes from murdering people repeatedly with black holes. Probably meat for farming, but, we'll see :P

STRENGTH = 1
SPEED = 3
DEXTERITY = 2
AWARENESS = 2
CHANNELING = 2

zeroes to other things obv. Pseudo-almost-balanced dodge-based science conduit engage!

Until I get access to things other than garstopit, of course. Then.... prepare yourselves.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: May 27, 2013, 05:07:24 am »

((I think lack of word knowledge is the least of your concerns considering you have zero potency and thus a natural -1 to magic use.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: May 27, 2013, 05:20:51 am »

Also your better off not taking any twos in your starting stats, aside from channeling of course.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: May 27, 2013, 09:55:04 am »

Awareness is seldom used, move one point from that to potency to avoid dieing every second turn.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:48 am »

Yeah, with the -1 to potency you have a 33%  chance of hurting yourself every time you cast a spell.  As Miauw said, awareness isn't useful for the majority of things.  I don't think I've rolled it once, and I've been in the game since awareness became a stat.

And it seems you think Zentol still means "open rift to lovecraft".  It still does that, but it'll rip your body apart and replace limbs instead.  Or kill enemies without giving you a soul.  And if you overuse it, you die with no respawn.  So it's an emergency "sell-your-soul" word now.

...Know what?  I'll even give you a freebie spell.  "Shaazeshelial Zzers Harialltontal" will give you a +1 bonus to strength and speed rolls.

Lastly:
Yay, I get to start now! Hopefully.
Since Piecewise bas been updating irregularly, I'll save you some time.  He'd just describe the first room to you, then let you choose what to do.

Instead I'll give you a description of the temple so you can have a full turn.

Spoiler: Infodump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: May 27, 2013, 11:25:40 am »

Suppose I'll pitch in and give what was told about the deities to me by Mr. Lich, not like it wasn't figured out already though.
Spoiler: Deities Expanded (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: May 27, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »

Remind me, how do we convert?

And has anyone tried to help the woman?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: May 27, 2013, 12:08:44 pm »

Just make a covenant at their shrine. I've learned what happens if you try to go from one deity to another though, wouldn't recommend it unless you really want the other deity.

The chick is a part of the alter, not sure if she can be helped. You could try though.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: May 27, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »

I've been meaning to ask the monk something, but didn't ask before I signed on with Shubby. "Are there more gods than the eight to which there are shrines in this temple, and besides the Other who's avatar we seek to destroy? How might we reach them and devote ourselves to their cause?"
If someone who hasn't signed up for a god yet wants to ask this for me, or for themselves, then someone can try doing that.
I'm sure it would have to do with the altar word/rune; If the monk says anything about other gods, that's another multi-person rune project to work on.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 435