Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 994548 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #660 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:42 am »

"Ya' kno' what? Screw this! Ah'm a damn scientist! Ah'll just go. Thunder-Punch, if ye' try to follow, ah will haff ta' kill ye' and yer family. Ah'm done. Ah dinnae even want the points, come to think o' it. Too much heat attached."

Walk away, up the stairs to the fifth floor, away from the conflict. Again. This isn't my way of life, I shouldn't be doing it. If anyone comes near, don't waste Pool. Just punch them with my steel arm. By the way, West stairs, if Waldo doesn't mind a temporary trespass. South Stairs if he doesn't want me to taint it with the blood on my hands.

((Why was I trying to kill someone, again? Now that I think about it, my ancient ass has done perfectly fine without it. I'm going. You won the floor, and my cease-fire. I won't be back. I have science to do.

Sincerest apologies about the attack(s). I'll try to make a gold staff of healing and toss it your way later. After my arm is back in socket, of course. Truce?

Considering I can never negotiate peace without a threat, paradoxically as that is, I have one more thing to say. Derm is now right next to you.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 12, 2012, 07:53:28 am »

((normally id be fine with it... But theres the issue of the thornwall with 2 inch spikes barring access to the west stairs, the only way in is from above or below unless you want to anger waldo by blasting a hole through his fence.

Im not stopping until the entire west side is carpeted in juicy poisonfruits.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 12, 2012, 08:16:57 am »

Alexander, noticing the woman in the middle, realizes that some things just need to be done. He runs up behind her, and punches her in the back of the head. Hard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:04 am »

I'm pretty sure the fifth "floor" is actually just a lot of empty space and the tops of those pillars, given the black has previously represented emptiness.  I think it's just a high area for those who figure out how to get up there.  (Like me when I get some working wings.)

In any case, if you're off the level and not attacking by the time my turn rolls around, I'll accept a cease fire.  You could always run around to the south stairs, given there's a gap.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:56 am »

"Ouch..." The sudden weight had unsurprisingly taken Selande by surprise and as she were pinned there was not much she could do. Unless...

Selande tries to will the tattoo to stop glowing while she thinks "STOP" in her mind.

((Hopefully this is the same type of tattoo that you other guys have gotten, one you can stop with will. If it is I've gotten myself a two-ton punch. If not, I've turned into heavy luggage, quite literary.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »

Susan yells garstopit at Alexander before running behind her clawed humonculus for protection.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

((Hopefully this is the same type of tattoo that you other guys have gotten, one you can stop with will. If it is I've gotten myself a two-ton punch. If not, I've turned into heavy luggage, quite literary.))

Just turn it in to paper or cloth.  I am sure that would have no negative consequences.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2012, 03:24:01 pm »

Cut out thy murderous shenanigans ye rotten scoundrels, this realm is for science and meditation

gather some fruits and throw them over my fence to thrakor, hydrus and possibly then use my staff to command some of the bushes to become trees and hide in the entrance to the stairwell. if anyone attacks me electrocute them.

((I rather expected to get a meat tree out of that :( ))

You gather up a few handfuls of random fruit and pelt them at Thrakor, Hydrus and Possibly. They all seem a bit too interested in either running for their lives or murdering each other to really care much about the fruit landing near them. Oh well.

[will:5]

You tap the staff on the ground and several of the bushes grow and expand, becoming rather odd looking trees.

"Ya' kno' what? Screw this! Ah'm a damn scientist! Ah'll just go. Thunder-Punch, if ye' try to follow, ah will haff ta' kill ye' and yer family. Ah'm done. Ah dinnae even want the points, come to think o' it. Too much heat attached."

Walk away, up the stairs to the fifth floor, away from the conflict. Again. This isn't my way of life, I shouldn't be doing it. If anyone comes near, don't waste Pool. Just punch them with my steel arm. By the way, West stairs, if Waldo doesn't mind a temporary trespass. South Stairs if he doesn't want me to taint it with the blood on my hands.

((Why was I trying to kill someone, again? Now that I think about it, my ancient ass has done perfectly fine without it. I'm going. You won the floor, and my cease-fire. I won't be back. I have science to do.

Sincerest apologies about the attack(s). I'll try to make a gold staff of healing and toss it your way later. After my arm is back in socket, of course. Truce?

Considering I can never negotiate peace without a threat, paradoxically as that is, I have one more thing to say. Derm is now right next to you.))

You head to the south stairs and look around. The only way you can see to get up to the 5th level, a level consisting of nothing but the tall flat tops of the rocks scattered around the 4th level, is to climb one of the rocks. Something very hard to do with a dislocated shoulder.

"Ouch..." The sudden weight had unsurprisingly taken Selande by surprise and as she were pinned there was not much she could do. Unless...

Selande tries to will the tattoo to stop glowing while she thinks "STOP" in her mind.

You think "Stop". Nothing happens. Uh-oh.

Alexander, noticing the woman in the middle, realizes that some things just need to be done. He runs up behind her, and punches her in the back of the head. Hard.
Susan yells garstopit at Alexander before running behind her clawed humonculus for protection.
[susan dex:2-1]
[alex dex:1-1]

[susan pot:2+1]
[alexander end:6-1]

Susan turns as Alexander comes in for the kill and shouts a Garstopit at him. The weak green haze that results sets Alex's eyes watering but does little else, and he continues with his attempts to beat a woman to death.

[susan dex:5-1]
[alexander dex:4-1]

Susan ducks under Alexander's blow and promptly runs and hides behind the clawed Homunculus. She lifts the Homunculus' arms and waves them at Alexander while screaming "Sic him!"

Eat my delicious magic!

Execute Magical Donuts!
"I'm not dead? Hell yeah, I'm not dead! But I don't know how long that will last. But..." Hydrus turns to Thrakor and grins like a madman, "I wouldn't take a step back if I were you. It's one hell of a fall. Wouldn't it be a shame if you fell while dodging one of my attacks?"

Point at Thrakor and use My Spell. Laugh if it hits him. Laugh even harder if he jumps off of the ledge while trying to dodge it.

[Thrakor dex:6+2]
[Hydrus dex:1]

Hydrus leaps out from behind cover and attempts to line up his spell, but Thrakor is faster on the draw, zeroing in on his attacker with superhuman speed.

[Thrakor pot:1+1]
[thrakor dex (for aim): 4+2]

Thrakor's bolt of electricity, packing all the power of nasty static cling, strikes Hydrus right in the forehead and makes his hair stand on end, but that is the extent of the damage.

"You're shooting blanks!" Hydrus shouts before speaking his own words.

[hydrus pot:2+1]
[hydrus dex:6]
[Thrakor dex:2+2]

Thrakor calmly walks out of the way as Hydrus summons a stiff breeze, wandering over to the closest rock and taking cover.

"And you're full of hot air!" He shouts at Hydrus, who is also diving back into cover.

Selande's mark suddenly vanishes without any input from her and she  can stand once more . Whew.

Alexander:Choobakka: Pool:2/2 [first floor, center area]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [forth floor, north east side]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 2/4 fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel, left shoulder dislocated.) [Fourth floor,South stairs.]

Susan: satan: Pool:1/3 [first floor,center]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:1/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North west side]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:1/2  [fourth floor, north west  area.]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:2/5 (plant staff) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:26:02 pm by piecewise »

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Impotance and Puns
« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »

Susan yells garstopit at Alexander again and hides behind the homunculus.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:53 pm »

Man, we suck.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

waldo shall perform !!GARDEN SCIENCE!! and check to see if the trees still bear fruit, as per usual electrocute attackers.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:31:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

"Hydrus, Thunder-Punch, this is pretty sad. Ah've got a dislocated arm and ye' two are playin' children's games. Given limitless power, and this is what we do with it."

Pity, then go to the third floor, onto the small area in the center. Try to shove my arm back into socket. Say Generic.

((We are terrible at murder, aren't we?))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »

((My first three tries worked without a hitch*, so this is the RNG catching back up with me.))

"Yah hah!  We find ourselves going in circles!"

Attack plan delta!

((*This is not strictly true.  The second one was the wrong person.))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 12, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »

The once bald Hydrus looks up at his new hair, which is now standing on end. "Holy shit. Your attack cured my male-pattern baldness! It's like magic or something! You know, for being under attack and all, this is the happiest moment of my life. In fact, I'm thankful enough that I'll even consider being your friend, even after that rough start. I think I've worked out a new spell that I don't have the power to try, but you... you could pull it off. That is, if you stopped wasting your magic on me for long enough to build up some energy. I'm only worth a measly one point anyways if you kill me, so you might want to consider it..."

If Thrakor accepts this truce, then sit and rest. If I come under attack, then blast my attacker with Burning Hot Mag-ma!
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 12, 2012, 05:13:35 pm »

Thrakor peeks out.

"You team up, try to ambush me, and want peace?  It's probably a bad idea, but I will accept if you leave the floor."

Back off if he leaves.  Otherwise, continue with attack.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 435