Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41667 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Accepting Submissions
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »

Kewl.

Also what version of maptools are we using?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

latest(working) version
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »

1.3.b87 is the version we're using.

The story so far:

** The party got to the site, and ran into the King's Liaison to the Royal Engineers, Lady Distinda. Her workers had tied their souls into a wall made of putty designed to block her efforts to get deeper into the site so that they could blackmail her for better working conditions. The party put a stop to that, and even managed to capture two of the rioters. One of these rioters survived the process of taking down the magic-enforced putty wall.

** The party found a goblin hiding behind the wall they removed, and Osoero decided to mimic the goblin after they captured it. He managed to find the main gang of goblins while the rest of the party found the rest of the Royal Engineer researchers. The party found out that they're experimenting with portals as Osoero was bunched up with the other goblins, and portalled deep underground. By the time the rest of the gang had caught up, a series of good rolls had Osoero successfully integrated into the goblin gang. There was an intense fight where Baron Big (Baron Barrarin) managed to lose most of his minions to their own cowardice, and then proceeded to fight to the death.

** The party is currently carrying a fair amount of explosives...

** The party is currently camping inside what's been termed as "The Ice Layer."
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »

Yeah, the deal with Osoero infitrating the goblins was pure comedy gold.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »

** The party Osoero is currently carrying a fair amount of explosives...
Fixed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »

5 minutes.

Server IP 142.166.179.48 -> Password will -> Port 51234
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 12:03:50 am »

y'know rolepgeek, there IS a diff between playing chaotic neutral and chaotic STUPID. The line is usually when you perform an action and the DM asks you if you're sure, and you say YES. When a DM asks you if you want to actually do the action you are about to do, the answer use usually an EMPHATIC no, as that is DM-speak for "you are about to kill yourself/other people in your party with a stupid action, so are you REALLy sure you want to do that?"

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:40 am »

Spoiler: dossiers (click to show/hide)

Not included in journals yet: Ossir made it back up with a bottle of water because the engineer lady helped, we had round two with what's-her-face and took her hammer and then ran away, and Ossir ate Osoero's finger. All these 'os' people are confusing. We're starting next session with a "and now for someplace completely different but actually more of the same".

Still to come: my (rather poor) rendition of... what's her face, the half-celestial half-marilyth snake lady who is actually a hammer. Or the hammer is made of snake lady. Whatever. It sticks to ice and is otherwise not noteworthy.

EDIT:

OOC: Next time we're in a city I'll have Eosri pick up coloured pencils or something. Also I suck at drawing hands and faces and just in general, but that's fine because Eosri has no ranks in Craft(Drawing).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:38:29 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

Looking forward to Eosri's journals over the course of this campaign.

---------

Alright, this needs to be said.

I was expecting half a party, I made a very simple boss with a weird ~thing~ to keep her in the game for a straight up fight, a bit of an ambush encounter to make sure that we had enough stuff to keep the game going until we hit the limit, just enough to make sure everyone was going to have fun. This miniboss had 2-3 rounds of health at most, and the gimick that throwing her off the cliff would never, ever work. I thought it would be funny. I made a simple magic item to facilitate it, and that was going to be an interesting bit of treasure.

This would not have been a problem whatsoever -- even if you kept trying to push her off the cliff -- except when nearly half the party went down with her.

The thing is, the way I want to be able to set things is up is, the enemies are all trying to kill you guys, and you guys stick together enough without killing each other long enough to not TPK. To that end, I want to request that in the future, no one tries to kill half the party through a stupid move. You will know that it is stupid because I will give you a warning before hand, just like tryrar mentioned. If that warning is ignored, from now on I will outline exactly why you see that this move is stupid, and give you a chance to give me a good explanation as to why it is not a stupid move. If your reasoning isn't good enough to justify killing a teammate then there will be far greater consequences than those seen in the previous session.

I would like for all of us to be having fun, and unfortunately, a few players were not having fun last night. It is completely possible for all of us to have a good time at the same time -- and as that is the goal of this game we should be striving for that! I'm going to take some of the blame for that myself. Anyway, yes.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 11:46:49 pm »

Before warning us, you should make a DC 10 Wisdom check for. If it succeeds, make a DC 10 Intelligence check. If both succeed, warn us and tell us why it's idiotic, if only the first succeeds, tell us it's idiotic, but don't say why. :D Just ideas. In the future, I will not potentially doom member of the party. Unless I fail my Wisdom check. Or get mind-controlled.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2012, 12:36:37 am »

I agree to a point RPG.  If it is going to kill members, the check should be bypassed.  If it will just be an inconvenience, then the check may be in order.  TPKs are always a mood kill.  But, then again, I was not there, so I can't really say much.  Next sunday is no good either, but I'll be back for the next sunday (30th).

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:53 am »

I should be there this coming Sunday.

The wisdom check thing could be interesting, but I think we all just need to remember Rule #1 for players: have fun. (Well, discounting the primary rule of not giving the DM any ideas...)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:43 am »

Yeah, I missed the last one, but am probably good for this Sunday.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

My family is taking me to an out-of-town mineral spa on Sunday... I'd give it 65% chance that I show up on time.
90% chance that I show up at all.
And 95% chance that the spa is filled to the brim with old people.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:15 pm »

I should be there this coming Sunday.

The wisdom check thing could be interesting, but I think we all just need to remember Rule #1 for players: have fun. (Well, discounting the primary rule of not giving the DM any ideas...)

I think the number one rule comes above the primary rule. I like a challenge. So...remember, the best thing to use against Lawbringer is something that flies, with a ranged attack, and a high attack bonus, even if there isn't high damage(with maybe a smite law ability or something similar).

Monks beat the crap out of Osoero.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45